Cool at least it came up and on that note even though I have skipped a few pages of this thread I have heard of no upgrade or wipe/install failures. I did not time mine but boot times seem much faster than .405 and I think .291 which is the official load. I remember .405 hanging in the same place just longer.
    it doesnt seem to stall at about 2/3 of the way anymore so that is a bonus, but we will see next time i do a reboot how long it takes, i am going to set up everything then do a reboot as i like to just to start things fresh and get the memory back once ive re registered all my apps..

on another note i jut went into google maps and everything worked perfectly took about 3seconds to find my location....seems like the GPS is better on this leak as well and signal strength is good and seems to be staying in 3G the entire time...
    12-08-09 10:57 PM
    anyone know if viigo works with this build?
    yup just configured it and got all my settings back
    12-08-09 11:00 PM
    There is no perfect software. Every bit of code for every single piece of software ever written will have bugs. The difference is when something gets released as official, it is as compatible as it can be until a piece of software comes along that causes a negative reaction, thus triggering a new build to be written and released. These betas are test OS's. Hence BETA. After testing with extensive apps one gets adopted as official. Then leaks/betas continue to be developed and make it to the wild until another gets 'accepted' as official.
    I would really consider these releases to be more like 'service pack' releases to address issues they found in the official releases like .296 for ATT, .330 for TMO etc...

I wouldnt really consider any builds of 5.0.0.xxx after the official builds to be beta. Just enhancements and fixes they found in official releases. Now if there was 5.1.0.xxx or a 6.0 release then I would consider that more of a beta then another build of 5.0.0.xxx

When I write software it's beta until most of the bugs are out (the big ones anyway) and it's released into production. Once it's released into production and little bugs pop up (like the SMS/Contact bug) if I fix those little bugs and do a rebuild the whole software package isnt beta all over again. Maybe just those few things I changed in the code are beta but overall it's not really beta more of a "service pack". Now it is possible that when a company releases a service pack it breaks other things. for example, When I was running Vista and I upgraded to Service Pack 1 with IE8 it caused my protools software to crash and not run. Hence why testing must start over again but mainly for just those small pieces that were changed to to make sure those changes didn't break anything else

when software is built it has a application major version, minor version and revision. so 5 would be the major, .0 minor maybe rim has another minor hence the second 0 and the last is the revision in this case .415. When there is a jump in the revision piece it means that not much from the major version number has changed. if it was 5.1 that would mean there were considerable but still minor changes to the overall code and if 5 went to a 6 then that would mean there were major changes to the core code
    Last edited by Graffixnyc; 12-08-09 at 11:03 PM.
    12-08-09 11:01 PM
    AutoStandby does not work.
    12-08-09 11:01 PM
    Theres nothing "beta" about this release it's damn near close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.
    12-08-09 11:03 PM
    Unfortunately the G-Mail plug-in is now being pushed via service books to your phone. No way to remove them. The carriers ahve taken the 'let's be compatible' road and pushes them now.
    Actually you can delete it permanently

C drive>>Program files>>Common Files>>Research In Motion>>Shared>>Loader Files>>9700M>> Delete "net_rim_bb_gmail.alx" file
    Last edited by JD914; 12-08-09 at 11:10 PM.
    12-08-09 11:08 PM
    anyone know if viigo works with this build?
    I don't know but have seen many post app lists that are working so you may take toodle back a few pages.
    12-08-09 11:08 PM
    AutoStandby does not work.
    What is not working for you? It is working fine on my mobile. I am using a 120s timer.
    12-08-09 11:10 PM
    What is not working for you? It is working fine on my mobile. I am using a 120s timer.
    When in my holster, upon removing, Autostandby is not activated. It needs to keep being turned back on. Found out it is a known issue with Autostandby and OS 5.0
    12-08-09 11:12 PM
    Theres nothing "beta" about this release it's damn near close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.
    Really? this release is just like the previous leaks. They fix one thing and another small issue comes up that wasn't present on the previous version that it replaced. This release is just like the other releases, it is just a matter of what you want to be fix and what bug you will live with in the mean time.

Let see on this leak based on my experience compare to .405:
    -Longer boot times
    -Phone apps are still loading and phone is sluggish when the home screen loads after boot up and this is after booting up 3 times and uninstalled all the vad etc....
    -Premium themes that I have that worked flawlessly on .330 and .405 were not compatible with this build because on menu scrolling -up and down it leaves this nasty ugly trail
    -Speaker quality is much weaker and distorts
    I am sure there are other issues I am not aware of. I'm not trying to say .405 is better because there were bugs too and it wasn't perfect like this one. The issues that .405 are things I don't really care for or get in the way I use the phone.
    Last edited by evorc; 12-08-09 at 11:21 PM.
    12-08-09 11:12 PM
    yup just configured it and got all my settings back
    thanks...
    12-08-09 11:23 PM
    Ok so everything is set up and ready to go and I've been playing with it for a while now and here is my first observations......I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT!!!

Pros:

-Its new and its better
    -Upgraded Apps like WLM, BBM, App World etc.
    -No Lag so far
    -No White Screen of Death
    -Music sounds the same to me
    -Every app that I use works fine with this OS
    -GPS seems faster on this OS seems to pick up location faster
    -Signal strength seems to be better staying in 3G the entire time now
    -No Google Maps problems at all
    -Enable/Disable feature for sending SMS with Enter Key(Big Bonus!!)
    -Gmail Plug-in doesn't doesn't show up in the app switcher once opened like it did on all the other OS (minor but i love this)
    -Themes work on this even my custom built one
    -Gmail plug in works perfectly, not sure what the problems other people were having with it

Cons:

-Have to press #1 key to get pictures to be in better focus
    -took me about 2 hours from start of download of the new OS to be back fully configured on .415
    -Boot up time seems to be very long it took 7:36 to boot up (must be an app or something I've got because it always stalls at 2/3) and each OS ive installed the boot up time goes up by about 2minutes

if i find anything else i will let you

edit: just read a post a few above and i agree totally ont he longer boot time but its not sluggish at all after mine boots up, where mine was with .405 and i don't notice any difference in the speakers
    Last edited by MattSpartans20; 12-08-09 at 11:37 PM.
    12-08-09 11:29 PM
    all my apps works smoothly, as they are:

poynt, free tips, bbalerts, worldmate, translator+, phoneplus callback, viigo, ebay, google search, bbweather, memoryup pro, buzzoff, amazon, bbappworld, shazam, bbwallet, forward edit, capture it, gwabbit, fancy characters.
    i think reboot time is a little lomger then on previous 405, i may be wrong
    12-08-09 11:39 PM
    When in my holster, upon removing, Autostandby is not activated. It needs to keep being turned back on. Found out it is a known issue with Autostandby and OS 5.0
    ok, now that makes sense because I do not use a holster.
    12-08-09 11:45 PM
    Finally had a chance to load a couple of hours ago. So far very happy with it.
    12-08-09 11:51 PM
    Ok not that i have to reboot a lot but these bootup times are stupid, its taking forever to bootup.......I installed all of my OS by updating and havent performed a full wipe for any of them yet, i think i may try doing a full wipe tomorrow and then installing .415 again see if that helps.....can anyone point me in the right direction oh how to do a complete wipe then reinstalling the OS and 3rd party apps and data??

ive saved my 3rd party apps by doing the device switch trick in DM and backup for data just dont know how to perform a full wipe.
    12-09-09 12:01 AM
    Just installed this....

I got a calendar notification thing on the top of my screen.... how do i remove it?
    12-09-09 12:08 AM
    It's a good build. Although I don't listen to music on my 9700 at all, the speaker bug is a bit annoying cos ringtones also come out from them. They just don't sound that crisp anymore with the low treble side.
    12-09-09 12:14 AM
    Ok not that i have to reboot a lot but these bootup times are stupid, its taking forever to bootup.......I installed all of my OS by updating and havent performed a full wipe for any of them yet, i think i may try doing a full wipe tomorrow and then installing .415 again see if that helps.....can anyone point me in the right direction oh how to do a complete wipe then reinstalling the OS and 3rd party apps and data??

ive saved my 3rd party apps by doing the device switch trick in DM and backup for data just dont know how to perform a full wipe.
    Do do a full wipe use a program like JL_Cmder
    12-09-09 12:21 AM

Do a full backup using DM. If you have 3rd party apps you can't readily replace, lookup how to back them up using the device switch wizard method.

Once everything is backed up, wipe the BB using JL_commander.

After it boots up, replace your 3rd party apps first, then do a full restore of your databases.
    12-09-09 12:25 AM

Do do a full wipe use a program like JL_Cmder
    12-09-09 12:36 AM
    Use Blackberry Swiss Army Knife to wipe device then use app loader to install os.
    12-09-09 12:37 AM
    Do a full backup using DM. If you have 3rd party apps you can't readily replace, lookup how to back them up using the device switch wizard method.

Once everything is backed up, wipe the BB using JL_commander.

After it boots up, replace your 3rd party apps first, then do a full restore of your databases.
    alright decided to take a stab at it tonight, working on it already, backed up everything and now about to do a wipe.....took me forver to figure out how to install the JL CMDR thing
    12-09-09 12:38 AM
    alright decided to take a stab at it tonight, working on it already, backed up everything and now about to do a wipe.....took me forver to figure out how to install the JL CMDR thing
    Cool, I'll check back to see how it went.
    12-09-09 12:40 AM
    i take it when installing the OS thru app loader i dont need to click backup and restore all data and stuff since there is none?????

what about installing all the apps when i go thru app loader?? as none of the boxes are clicked
    12-09-09 12:41 AM
494 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD