did see that fix from glockshocker oh well i downgraded bak to other OS anyway i was having other issues with it. thanks anyway guys
    12-09-09 09:51 PM
    I noticed the battery life is worse than .405

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigjman; 12-10-09 at 04:00 AM.
    12-10-09 03:51 AM
    I noticed the battery life is worse than .405

I second that. I don't know how people are getting more mileage out of this one. I did a fresh install - I wiped my bb after putting this leak on, and still same, worse, battery life.
    Last edited by grabiarz; 12-10-09 at 08:46 AM.
    12-10-09 08:43 AM
    I am having the sms issue, where I can't create new sms to another contact, except I delete previous sms's

Last edited by nkc; 12-10-09 at 10:56 AM.
    12-10-09 08:48 AM
    Been running this for 2 days now. No problems whatsoever. Even fixed a problem I had on .405 where the phone would not ring for contacts for which I created custom alerts. Applications working: Viigo, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, SmrtGuard, Blurt. Bluetooth works, and so does everything else.

Battery life is pretty amazing, I get almost 2.5 days with moderate-heavy usage. The only problem I had, but was solved with a batt pull, was that in the phone screen or contacts screen, the first line would not show.

I'm absolutely loving this build. Just need to see if the 3G will be flaky, like it was on .344, since I have been in Russia where they don't have 3G yet (but have WiMax, go figure). Will test tomorrow.
    12-10-09 08:52 AM
    Been running this for 2 days now. No problems whatsoever. Even fixed a problem I had on .405 where the phone would not ring for contacts for which I created custom alerts. Applications working: Viigo, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, SmrtGuard, Blurt. Bluetooth works, and so does everything else.

Battery life is pretty amazing, I get almost 2.5 days with moderate-heavy usage. The only problem I had, but was solved with a batt pull, was that in the phone screen or contacts screen, the first line would not show.

I'm absolutely loving this build. Just need to see if the 3G will be flaky, like it was on .344, since I have been in Russia where they don't have 3G yet (but have WiMax, go figure). Will test tomorrow.
    Wel this sounds promising
    12-10-09 09:15 AM
    I don't think I have the SMS bug, but there are a few weird things about this firmware.

Firstly, Nimbuzz doesn't work, which is a huge pain in the ****. Not a deal-breaker though.

But my Hotmail mailbox has no incoming mail indicator. The mail comes in but there is no light, no star, nothing. I deleted it and readded it and still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?
    12-10-09 10:21 AM
    You might not have checked off BlackBerry Messenger when you did the update.

Open Apploader via C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader Scroll down>Check off BlackBerry Messenger and then hit next. That should update your messenger.
    I also have the problem that I still have the BBM .33 after the update. I cannot uncheck the first BBM in the Applist. I only can check and uncheck the second BBM in the Applist - and this one is the old BBM .33.

I did another wipe and another os-load via apploader - but I still got the .33-version of BBM.

Anyone know a solution for this?
    12-10-09 10:43 AM
    I swear that I think I have read every page in this thread but if this is a repeat question I apologize. Are the SMS texts of a contact who also happens to be in BBM still showing up in BBM? I know there is some hotly argued debates over whether that is good or bad, and "disassociating" the contact will stop this from happening, but I like the icon set for my contact to show up in BBM and "disassociating" removes that icon so I am just checking to see if that is still happening in .415, or more specifically, in the new BBM embedded in it? Thanks!
    12-10-09 10:46 AM
    Does anybody have a better link. I have been downloading for about an hour and only have about 14% complete. I an getting <10KB/s...
    12-10-09 11:12 AM
    Been running this since it was leaked, and the only thing I have noticed is custom message ring tones no longer function, although custom phone ring tones do. Ehh no biggie
    12-10-09 11:15 AM
    Does anybody have a better link. I have been downloading for about an hour and only have about 14% complete. I an getting <10KB/s...
    Okay I am now up to 300 KB/s so I think I am good... I just must master the art of patience...
    12-10-09 11:20 AM
    How I got BBM to update when I was on .415 is this:

1. Delete BBM from device, through the device and not DM
    2. Install BBM through apploader.
    3. Restore contact list

12-10-09 11:48 AM
    I am finding my battery is draining a lot more. I have not used it much today and it already drained 40%

12-10-09 12:02 PM
    getting worse battery life than .351 and worse reception. I am switching back
    12-10-09 12:08 PM
    I can't get this OS loaded onto my phone. It just says that the BlackBerry software was not found. But I deleted the vendor file from the AppLoader folder. Any ideas?
    12-10-09 12:38 PM
    I can't get this OS loaded onto my phone. It just says that the BlackBerry software was not found. But I deleted the vendor file from the AppLoader folder. Any ideas?
    You installed the software onto to your PC correct? Its not just download then it goes to your phone. If you look in remove programs on the PC it shows there?

Apologies if you have already done all this.
    12-10-09 01:11 PM
    I second that. I don't know how people are getting more mileage out of this one. I did a fresh install - I wiped my bb after putting this leak on, and still same, worse, battery life.
    Battery life depends on so many factors that making any kind of comparison between two people is just plain stupid. I have 30 apps on my phone, several of which run in the background. They all do different things at different times and at different time intervals. My settings would not be the same as the next person. I run Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 24/7 as well. Along with those, I send emails all day, send and receive numerous texts and calls every day. The apps I have installed all interact with my calling and messaging app. How about the days when I am nearer or farther away from a cell tower and my BB antenna is struggling to search for a signal?

It is ABSOLUTELY stupid to try and implement a battery comparison between two or more people. No two people and no two BB's are the same. There are simply too many factors that are unpredictable and the fluidity of the network too complicated to be anything but reliable.
    12-10-09 01:45 PM
    Battery life depends on so many factors that making any kind of comparison between two people is just plain stupid. I have 30 apps on my phone, several of which run in the background. They all do different things at different times and at different time intervals. My settings would not be the same as the next person. I run Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 24/7 as well. Along with those, I send emails all day, send and receive numerous texts and calls every day. The apps I have installed all interact with my calling and messaging app. How about the days when I am nearer or farther away from a cell tower and my BB antenna is struggling to search for a signal?

It is ABSOLUTELY stupid to try and implement a battery comparison between two or more people. No two people and no two BB's are the same. There are simply too many factors that are unpredictable and the fluidity of the network too complicated to be anything but reliable.
    Agreed. I think the best you can hope for is comparing stat's of MeterBerry, to you own previous history. Even then it's very hard to gauge battery usage, a rough estimate is what you'll get.

12-10-09 02:12 PM
    And my avg. drain is shown here; so this build for me is incredible.

12-10-09 02:15 PM
    And my avg. drain is shown here; so this build for me is incredible.

Nice! I must say, this build is showing a lower avg. drain for me as well. Very incredible.

12-10-09 02:25 PM

I am comparing it to my previous usage which is not different from today and it already half gone.
    12-10-09 04:08 PM
    I am comparing it to my previous usage which is not different from today and it already half gone.
    Previous usage? Do you have benchmark data? How many apps? What apps? Which apps run in the background? Which apps interact with native apps such as messaging or phone call logs or calendar? Which apps start on boot? Which apps have update intervals and what are those intervals? Ex.1: BerryWeather can be set to update several things at preset intervals. Ex.2: BerryBuzz interacts with the messaging and call app. What are the settings for the LED to flash and slow down.

These are just many of over thousands of undeterminable factors when trying to compare battery life between two Blackberries. It is impossible.

Just because you might not have good or better battery life does not mean someone else doesn't. I'm a power user. I text, email, PIN and call all day long on mine, and I have Wi-Fi and bluetooth turned on 24/7. My avg. discharge is around 1.6 to 2.0 per hour. I also have 30 apps and several running in the background. All 30 apps might not cause me near the battery drain as 1 of your apps [like Facebook for example].

So again, unless you have benchmarks or some data to compare like info from MeterBerry, previous usage only goes so far.

I like to look at facts. Not things like....Oh, I think this gets better such and such.

Battery life is relative to every single Blackberry and its user.
    12-10-09 04:17 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think he saying that he is comparing HIS previous version (battery) to HIS newest version. Therefore, on HIS Blackberry, this latest os is harder on the battery.
    12-10-09 04:22 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think he saying that he is comparing HIS previous version (battery) to HIS newest version. Therefore, on HIS Blackberry, this latest os is harder on the battery.
    OK, but even still...previous usage means what? Yesterday he sent exactly 100 text messages and 10 emails. And today he sent the same exact amount? Even if that were the case...did he send them from the exact same location with the same exact signal strength? If he was even 10 feet farther away from a cell tower today than he was yesterday it will have an impact on battery life. Only a strict lab test within a controlled environment would determine battery discharge. But in real world testing, apps such as MeterBerry can [help] determine some discharge rates. I operate my company from the same location every day and my usage has been confined to the same area so I can [for myself anyway] determine that 1.6 to 2.0 avg. discharge is great for me. My signal has been the same, as well as factors such as devices and appliances that cause interference with UMA calling and EDGE such as structure density and building materials that the 1700MHz T-Mo frequency has to penetrate, as well as the apps I have running.
    12-10-09 04:29 PM
494 ... 1617181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD