Some are just being unrealistic. Keep it honest people, this is not the god of all the os that leak out so far. The fact to the matter is this os is not perfect like the others. There will for sure be more releases after this one until carriers approved one to be official with no bugs.
    Last edited by evorc; 12-09-09 at 03:42 PM.
    12-09-09 03:32 PM
    Some are just being unrealistic. Keep it honest people, this is not the god of all the os that leak out so far. The fact to the matter is this os is not perfect like the others. There will for sure be more releases after this one until carriers approved one to be official.
    In your opinion...

Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it can't for others.

In my opinion this is by far the best 5.0 OS released/leaked to date, for any device I have tried.

So far, I cant fault it in any way... and that's me being realistic
    12-09-09 03:41 PM
    Interesting SMS bug. When device locks and Data at Rest enables, it will seperate the TX and RX on the SMS. So when I send, it creates one conversation, when I receive it creates another.
    this is happening with me as well
    I've just tried emulating this... and it ain't happening for me.

Do you guys have SIM security enabled?
    12-09-09 03:47 PM
    I agree, out of the 4 OS that ive had on my phone in the 12 days that i have owned the phone this is by far the best one, everything seems to be running smoothly and I'm down to a 5min boot time now which isn't bad but could be improved. I have yet to have it freeze or really lag, better options and Signal, WiFi and GPS especially seem to be better than any other OS. Just get me down to a 3min boot time or less and I may never change OS again.....:P til the next one
    12-09-09 03:49 PM
    In your opinion...

Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it can't for others.

In my opinion this is by far the best 5.0 OS released/leaked to date, for any device I have tried.

So far, I cant fault it in any way... and that's me being realistic
    I am in no way targeting people like you where this os have been great. There are some that are just being unrealistic and ignoring the bugs and not mentioning them or over exaggerating things that are good about this os. Because of this I am sure it is hard for some people to decide if this os is right for them. It's all about listing the the real pros and cons to help others decide if it's right for them. I bet you the next os leak will be claimed the best os again, it is simply ridiculous how some have to convince themselves that the os they have is the best and ignore the bugs. The best os will be the one that fix all these bugs that have come up. Cheers!
    12-09-09 03:50 PM
    Yes, I have sim lock enabled.

It groups all SMSes in one conversation, and wont send except to the original number which the conversation is opened with.

Its really annoying, so I will have to test further and downgrade, unless I, or someone finds a solution.

im going to try turning off sim lock
    12-09-09 03:56 PM
    I read many posts ago that BerryBuzz 2 worked for some on this release. It doesn't seem to function for me even after a re-install.

For those that have BerryBuzz working, did you have to do anything special to get LEDs working?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-09-09 04:07 PM
    before, i uninstalled everything, i had berrybuzz working. try uninstalling and reinstalling. make sure its the latest version and double check your settings under options. also click the icon to reset the leds.

Update: Turning sim lock off, did not fix the sms issue. All messages are grouped as one still.

Major Bug: In arabic language, there is no number "9." When you press "9" it comes up as "6"
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-09-09 at 04:18 PM.
    12-09-09 04:11 PM
    I read many posts ago that BerryBuzz 2 worked for some on this release. It doesn't seem to function for me even after a re-install.

For those that have BerryBuzz working, did you have to do anything special to get LEDs working?

Thanks

Nope. Just installed as usual and work perfect.

BTW: Here is some battery and memory info for those interested.

Battery discharge rate per hour is only 1.6% on mine. Awesome battery life and memory management.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 12-09-09 at 04:35 PM.
    12-09-09 04:18 PM
    Nope. Just installed as usual and work perfect.

BTW: Here is some battery and memory info for those interested.

Battery discharge rate per hour is only 1.6% on mine. Awesome battery life and memory management.
    How is it that your total device memory is so low?
    12-09-09 04:42 PM
    How is it that your total device memory is so low?
    Low?

The device memory limit is what you set in media. Go to media then options. The first option there is memory size limit for photos and video. Mine is set to the lowest amount because I have a memory card.

You can choose 5, 15 or 32MB.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 12-09-09 at 04:49 PM.
    12-09-09 04:45 PM
    Low?

The device memory limit is what you set in media. Go to media then options. The first option there is memory size limit for photos and video. Mine is set to the lowest amount because I have a memory card.

You can choose 5, 15 or 32MB.
    Oh, that explains it. Though I'm not quite clear as to what this setting actually does?
    12-09-09 05:02 PM

here is the video

as you can see i compose a new sms to 999999. i close that convo

click compose new sms to 28276832

then click ok.

it opens up at the top 99999999. i have to delete the 999999 convo to be able to text someone new.

i was using this fine in .405... im gonna downgarde and see if the problem is still there. ive wiped my device maybe like 3 times and reloaded .415 to no avail.
    I watched your vid it does not happen for me it works fine
    12-09-09 06:15 PM
    so far very happy with this build. No issues for me almost 24 hrs in
    12-09-09 06:21 PM
    yeah^ I dunno what it is?

The only apps I installed were google talk, msn, and bbm
    games... sudoku, word mole, and brickbreaker...

I couldnt figure out why it was doing that so i just downgraded to .405 as I heard others also had sms issues.

it grouped all smses in one conversation.. annoying..

other than that...pretty solid release.
    12-09-09 06:22 PM
    the battery life is not as good as the stock .321 build that came on my 9700, but it is in no way bad either. happy with the build otherwise. even though i get a randomly flashing green / blue LED (maybe my customer colour)after any phone restart - can get rid of this by looking in my message folder.
    12-09-09 06:23 PM
    Increased memory. I dont see where any apps have been removed, but my memory is MUCH better. Speaker volume is much improved. No bbm update. Was unable to change the home screen layout at first, but after a battery pull all was fine. ALL calendar entries now show up in the today theme, instead of just the default calendar entries. Battery life seems to be great as always. No problems with connecting to wifi/uma at all. 3g seems to work fine. No issues with SMS yet......the stock OS had the contact/number bug, which was fixed in .405. The browser seems to load a little faster on wifi. Same on 3g. Seems like the pages are a little clearer too! Just noticed this. *edit* The Browser loads A LOT faster.

The ONLY problem that I ever had with my 9700 has been the SMS number/contact issue. Other than that, my phone was received in near perfect condition. I've "upgraded" to all os leaks and installed several apps. No problems what so ever. The "improvements" listed above are great, but Ive never had any major complaints to begin with. Happy holidays to all. Enjoy this new update.
    12-09-09 06:55 PM
    So far DEFINITELY the best battery OS for me so far, went from stock, to .405, to this.

Also: I think i had a problem with the new AIM, it wouldn't show my buddy list and just freeze up, so i deleted it and installed .30 from the App World (.31 comes with this OS)
    12-09-09 07:16 PM
    This is the most stable OS to date, and it has longer battery time than prior builds. My main reason for upgrading was to fix the nameless Contacts issue and get BBM .52 for the preview feature. I run several apps that drain the battery including googmaps, googvoice, vlingo, drivesafe.ly, pandora, ubertwitter, and my own proprietary gps app, so the longer battery time is much appreciated.

All I want for Christmas now is a new Browser.
    12-09-09 08:03 PM
    Any here running this OS on Tmo. I am getting a very annoying network notification sms message like very hour does anyone know how to fix this
    12-09-09 08:51 PM
    Any here running this OS on Tmo. I am getting a very annoying network notification sms message like very hour does anyone know how to fix this
    Can you copy & paste the message for us?
    12-09-09 08:56 PM
    I'm running this OS on TMO and I'm not having any problems at all. I wish that I can off you a solution. I have had 3 friends on TMO install this OS today and they are not having any problems either.
    12-09-09 08:57 PM
    Sorry don't know the exact message but it says its a invalid pic for my fave contact please use a valid jpg or gif
    12-09-09 09:12 PM
    Sorry don't know the exact message but it says its a invalid pic for my fave contact please use a valid jpg or gif
    Looks like GLOCKshooter gave you the fix:

"Today, 12:11 PM
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 9700 (Bold)
    Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jay21fire View Post
    I just updated my 9700 last night. I am running on T-mobile. I do see that my faves is back now which i really don't care for but i have been getting a network notification message like every hour now saying i have a invalid picture for one of my contacts. please use a gif or jpeg.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

If you don't want my faves you can do a search on how to delete it. That will stop the messages.

If you want to fix it, go to your mytmobile account on your desktop, go to edit my faves, and replace the icons one at a time, hitting save chages for each icon you have. That will lock them in and stop the messages."
    12-09-09 09:38 PM
    I just want to be able to read. Do I still have to do what u suggested?
    If you just want font support (not Input), what u need:
    1.Install an OS with EastAsian support, search the Java folder for files beginning with "net_rim_font". What u need for chinese and japanese are the global type and japanese one. Or if you're not sure, just copy all the files that begin with net_rim_font.

2. Copy the CJK.alx file also.

3. Paste the files into their respective folder in the OS folder u want to install.

It's pretty straightforward. Enjoy

12-09-09 09:45 PM
494 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD