mine boots in 2mins
    Just clocked mine from black screen to main screen and it was about 2min 20sec.
    12-09-09 11:59 AM
    When you guys try to send a NEW SMS, does it work?

everytime i try it opens up the previous contact i SMSed?
    12-09-09 12:05 PM
    When you guys try to send a NEW SMS, does it work?

everytime i try it opens up the previous contact i SMSed?

its threaded its suppose to
    12-09-09 12:07 PM
    Can someone confirm this bug:

When i click compose sms and write a contacts number.. it opens the contact i have a message from, and wont let me message a new contact?
    I just tested this. I did 2 tests. The first was to a bogus numer that I manually typed in and it went just fine but with an error a few minutes later saying the SMS error'd out. The second was to a contact where I initiated a new SMS and typed in a number to a contact. It recognized the number as a contact and let me send a test message just fine.
    12-09-09 12:08 PM
    8 minutes? Where does it hang and are you seening network activity at that point? I guess I am asking is it where all the apps are loading up or is it where they are getting all their updates?
    the line usually stalls about 2/3 of the way thru, not sure what loads at that time
    12-09-09 12:09 PM
    No i mean say for instance i message: 9999999.

i exit that.. then i click compose sms

i type 88888888 click ok...

at the top it says 9999999

it wont let me message more than one contact. I have to delete the convo to be able to send an SMS to a different contact
    12-09-09 12:10 PM
    Using a previous East Asian BB 5.0 release for the 9700, I do a select all of the apploader and java directories and then copy it to the 415 apploader and java directories for the newer OS (in this case, 415.) Then when prompted, choose skip or do not copy and replace the files that have the same file name. When you are done, your 415 installation directory will have all the Asian language installation files as if it were an East Asian language release.

I use this method every time I upgrade an OS and the newer OS does not have the Asian language files.
    I just want to be able to read. Do I still have to do what u suggested?
    12-09-09 12:19 PM
    I think i figured it out and it is a serious bug when you have the Arabic language installed!!

If you have arabic installed, the Number 9 does not work, and instead when you type 9, it inserts a 6.

Also, it will not let you send an sms to mroe than one contact.

I am wiping my device and installing without arabic to test.
    12-09-09 12:20 PM
    I just want to be able to read. Do I still have to do what u suggested?
    No, you don't have to. You can go and figure out which files relate to viewing and which relate to input and then just copy the files related to viewing Asian language characters.

However, I think my suggested method is the fastest way. Especially since, during the installation, you can simply uncheck the options related to Asian language input if you don't need them.
    12-09-09 12:23 PM
    for those getting under 1% avg battery use must not be using the phone that much or account the phone being idle for 8 hours while sleeping because there is no way making some calls, sms or bbming or surfing pretty consistently that it will only drain 1% every hour.
    So what would be considered light/normal/heavy usage drain averages? I cleaned up some of the apps I had installed because I thought that's what may be draining my battery. However, I'm still getting an average of around 5% discharge. My usage consists of texting, email, gtalk and some web browsing.
    12-09-09 12:26 PM
    No i mean say for instance i message: 9999999.

i exit that.. then i click compose sms

i type 88888888 click ok...

at the top it says 9999999

it wont let me message more than one contact. I have to delete the convo to be able to send an SMS to a different contact

uh that is becuase you are still in the same SMS thread for some reason. I just ran your test to similar bogus numbers and it is working as expected. Send the first one and quit out of that SMS thread. Send another... working just fine...within any given SMS thread I have no option for a new SMS to a diferent contact until I quit out of that thread. The number at the top changed as expected for me.
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-09-09 at 12:40 PM.
    12-09-09 12:37 PM
    my friend, i have quit. It is not the arabic language. i have no idea what is causing this.

Ill upload a video soon.
    12-09-09 12:56 PM

here is the video

as you can see i compose a new sms to 999999. i close that convo

click compose new sms to 28276832

then click ok.

it opens up at the top 99999999. i have to delete the 999999 convo to be able to text someone new.

i was using this fine in .405... im gonna downgarde and see if the problem is still there. ive wiped my device maybe like 3 times and reloaded .415 to no avail.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 12-09-09 at 01:09 PM.
    12-09-09 01:06 PM
    ...as you can see i compose a new sms to 999999. i close that convo

click compose new sms to 28276832

then click ok.

it opens up at the top 99999999. i have to delete the 999999 convo to be able to text someone new.
    You're trying to compose a new SMS whilst still highlighting the original one.

Just scroll up off the original message and try it again.
    12-09-09 01:27 PM
    tried that already. it will not work.

i downgraded to .405 and tried it... it works flawlessly.

im wiping and upgrading again to see if the problem persists.
    12-09-09 01:28 PM
    tried that already. it will not work.

i downgraded to .405 and tried it... it works flawlessly.

im wiping and upgrading again to see if the problem persists.
    No idea what it is then

Just tried the same thing on mine, and it worked fine.
    12-09-09 01:32 PM
    I really dont get this. My device is unlocked and unbranded.

Its only this OS thats doing this. =S

I wonder if this is a known issue for some devices?
    12-09-09 01:34 PM
    Where are you and I am pretty sure going to EDGE will put you on an entirely different network i.e. TMO is not using the same equipment for 2G as they do for 3G.. Different SGSNs and different MSC cores. The RAN is obviously different.
    I am in Savannah, GA. It is not a signal issue, I have plenty of bars when the calls drop, and I am in places that work fine with .405 on 3G.

I am going back to .405, which worked great for me.
    12-09-09 02:04 PM
    alright ive taken off all the games and stuff that i dont use and i have the boot up time down to 4:49 not too bad, i also purchased MeterBerry and will keep track of my battery life once i get my theme installed and reconfigured for MeterBerry
    12-09-09 02:05 PM
    Battery update. On top of all the testing for others in this thread, I have been on 2 conference calls. One for 30 minutes and another for an hour. On top of that I have been installing a few themes. My battery is not at 75% considering both conference calls were with BT...
    12-09-09 02:09 PM
    After more than 24 hours, here's my findings:

1. Startup time is faster than .405 by approximately 20 seconds, no more pausing on that 75% mark...!
    2. No memory leaks whatsoever
    3. Battery life is definitely better
    4. Browser & WiFi are very fast
    5. More quality on audio output, especially on bass & treble boost

Like I said before: Keep 'em coming...!!!
    12-09-09 02:09 PM
    I just updated my 9700 last night. I am running on T-mobile. I do see that my faves is back now which i really don't care for but i have been getting a network notification message like every hour now saying i have a invalid picture for one of my contacts. please use a gif or jpeg.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

If you don't want my faves you can do a search on how to delete it. That will stop the messages.

If you want to fix it, go to your mytmobile account on your desktop, go to edit my faves, and replace the icons one at a time, hitting save chages for each icon you have. That will lock them in and stop the messages.
    12-09-09 02:11 PM
    Wow, a lot of people are having problems, obviously not surprising because its a leak, but its running WONDERFUL for me. Its like as stable as the stock OS, plus no sms bugs, plus a little better battery life it seems, which i didn't know was possible

loving itt
    12-09-09 02:33 PM
    Everything has been working fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 02:50 PM
    Interesting SMS bug. When device locks and Data at Rest enables, it will seperate the TX and RX on the SMS. So when I send, it creates one conversation, when I receive it creates another.

this is happening with me as well
    12-09-09 03:02 PM
494 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD