Well, my medical info app Skyscape no longer works with .415 (something regarding a download/connection error), so I'm downgrading to .405. Sigh.... .415 looked so promising too...
    12-09-09 06:05 AM
    My 9700 booted in 2mins flat using all .330, .405, and .415. Even my 8900 booted in 2mins both when in 4.6 and in 5.0. My apps are: Viigo, BerryBuzz, AddOnis, BerryWeather, Dictionary.com, BBTran, GoogleMaps, Nav4All, QuickLaunch, FileScout, BOLT, AppWorld, and all native IMs.

Maybe it's your apps that are weighing down on your bootup?
    12-09-09 06:57 AM
    Anyone else having issues with SMS. My SMS from different contact shows up all under one contact name.

If contact A,B,C,D, sms me, it will show all of the different sms under Just one Contact name. Cant get my head around it.
    12-09-09 07:15 AM
    Is it confirmed that OperaMini 4.2 doesn't work on this build? I use it everyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Opera 4.2 and the beta 5 ver. isn't working on mines

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 07:17 AM
    For anyone interested in recent findings regarding the 5.0 OS/BIS 2.8 and Google Contact Synchronization, as well as helping to crowd-source a possible solution, please check out what I hope will become the definitive thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/gma...-5-0-a-381971/
    12-09-09 07:21 AM
    Upgraded to .415 last night and everything went smooth and works great, and FASTER too! but it wasn't until this morning that I noticed that my email folder for my gmail account is missing ... How do I get this back? I've sent service books(3x) and still no folder ... I know this was mentioned before but there is so many pages now in this Thread its too much to go thru every post .. Lol
    12-09-09 07:29 AM
    Upgraded to .415 last night and everything went smooth and works great, and FASTER too! but it wasn't until this morning that I noticed that my email folder for my gmail account is missing ... How do I get this back? I've sent service books(3x) and still no folder ... I know this was mentioned before but there is so many pages now in this Thread its too much to go thru every post .. Lol

Never mind this post .. I just went ahead an deleted my gmail account in BIS and re-created it again and the gmail folder showed up in my phone.
    12-09-09 07:38 AM
    upgraded right now: it seems to me that ringtones and messages alerts are louder.

Phone works great and fast. Hope battery will be as good as with old version 351.
    12-09-09 07:44 AM
    upgraded right now: it seems to me that ringtones and messages alerts are louder.

Phone works great and fast. Hope battery will be as good as with old version 351.
    Yeah I'm still waiting on other people's post about battery life who upgraded earlier yesterday in the day than I did.
    12-09-09 07:46 AM
    Can anyone comment on the boot time please?
    12-09-09 08:03 AM
    Oh.....yes....battery still great, actually getting an average discharge rate of 0.05% per hour !
    12-09-09 08:03 AM
    Wondering what version of app world everyone is running after the upgrade?
    i read that it was suppose to com with .30 but im still running .24 yet i got all of the other 2.5.31 updates i think

Here are my Add-On Apps:

BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.24
    BlackBerry Maps 5.0.0
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.52
    Documents to Go 1.008.012
    Facebook 1.7.0.22
    Google Talk 2.5.31
    Windows Live Messenger 2.5.31

Just want to make sure all of my apps are up to date....thanks guys!!
    12-09-09 08:15 AM
    My 9700 booted in 2mins flat using all .330, .405, and .415. Even my 8900 booted in 2mins both when in 4.6 and in 5.0. My apps are: Viigo, BerryBuzz, AddOnis, BerryWeather, Dictionary.com, BBTran, GoogleMaps, Nav4All, QuickLaunch, FileScout, BOLT, AppWorld, and all native IMs.

Maybe it's your apps that are weighing down on your bootup?
    Is this a cold boot from say a battery pull, from within QL or even an ALT-SHIFT-DEL?
    12-09-09 08:15 AM
    the last boot i did it took just under 6minutes, im not sure what it is or if its OS related because some people aren't experiencing the same times as i am..It may be because im stay logged into things like google maps and WeatherBug has to load, so im not sure. If i figured it out i will let you know but i dont know how to test it other than try one thing at a time which could take days on a 6minute boot time every time
    12-09-09 08:17 AM
    Sure... it's no different than any other OS on my phone
    12-09-09 08:18 AM
    Oh.....yes....battery still great, actually getting an average discharge rate of 0.05% per hour !
    Can you list what apps you have installed. I'm getting an average discharge of 5.3% per hour.
    12-09-09 08:39 AM
    Can you list what apps you have installed. I'm getting an average discharge of 5.3% per hour.
    what app are you guys using to see that detailed of a battery drain per hour??
    12-09-09 08:43 AM
    what app are you guys using to see that detailed of a battery drain per hour??
    I'm using MeterBerry
    12-09-09 08:44 AM
    For me with what I already documented to be running, battery life is great. I even switched back to my standard 1500mA battery from the OEM 1750mA battery. I will comment more on that as the day goes on and I attend a few conference calls using BT.

The only app I added since making my list is Facebook. I learned quickly that this program does not actually shut down when choosing close UNLESS you logout first. Then it shuts down as expected. This is not a bug of this OS or application. I believe many of the IM/Facebook/MySpace type clients function this way so you get updates while using other applications.

You can always just hold down the BB Menu key to see what apps are running. By default Messages, Phone, VVM, Home, Browser and for me specifically BerryWeather are always running.

QuickLaunch also gives decent battery stats. It does not track usage per hour that I have found but certainly a Device Info every so often makes it easy to document....
    12-09-09 09:04 AM
    I'm using MeterBerry
    i think i may have to get that, i was waiting to see if berryweather would come down in price but im using Weatherbug now and it does everything i want and doesnt use as much memory as berryweather. Any other system apps that i should look at or does MeterBerry seem to cover everything?
    12-09-09 09:05 AM
    Silly question - I've done dozens of os upgrades pre-5.0. I still have W2K running and can only have DM 4.7 - we are on a 5.0 BES and obviously I have a 5.0 device...knowing all of that, can I still do a 5.0 os upgrade with the 4.7 DM?

BTW, you guys are funny...and I (and my wife) thought that I loved my BB...some of your avatars should appear next to the word "devotion" in the dictionary!
    12-09-09 09:06 AM
    ...can I still do a 5.0 os upgrade with the 4.7 DM?
    Sure you can

I'm still using DM 4.6 and it works a treat.
    12-09-09 09:10 AM
    thx Phil...I was pretty sure, but when I was running the Device Switch Wizard from my 9000 to the 9700, it wouldnt run the backup on the 9000 like it normaly had in the past...we just upgraded to 5.0 BES and I only had 4.6.0.304 running on the old Bold so it seemed a little weird that I was getting an error on the Switch attempt...I'll give it a shot shortly - of course, those dang micro UBS cables are throwing me off...the one that came with the 9700 is of course at my house now. Doesnt do much good here at work. All of that USB/charger hoarding over the years is all for naught, unless I invest in a half dozen adapters...
    12-09-09 09:16 AM
    A general question but when I delete apps from my beloved BB is there a possibility that they leave residual files that can potentially have an impact on performance of the phone?

Like on a PC when uninstalling apps there are always some leftovers in C:\Program Files\
    12-09-09 09:23 AM
    i doubt it
    12-09-09 09:34 AM
494 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD