i just loaded .415 onto my 9700, first question is how do i set my SMS to not send when i hit enter??? i dont see it in options
    I don't think you can turn that off as it is a basic function of threaded SMS like an IM program.
    12-08-09 10:00 PM
    I don't think you can turn that off as it is a basic function of threaded SMS like an IM program.
    He can turn it off or on. It's under general settings. Simply go to Options, then scroll to SMS, then turn off.
    12-08-09 10:01 PM
    Go to options then SMS.
    Awesome!! I stand corrected, that is new. I don't remember seeing that in .405.
    12-08-09 10:01 PM
    thanks guys i didnt think to check there, i just went into my SMS box and hit the BB key to bring up options just figured it would be there....got it now....will be playing around with this the rest of the night.....i also had to OTA the new BBM it was listed twice when i did the update and i guess i unclicked/clicked the wrong one
    12-08-09 10:03 PM
    Best os for the 9700
    12-08-09 10:05 PM
    Hey Shansmi & 3CISSBB...about time you guys take your slap fight somewhere else, it's really getting annoying and has made it difficult to follow what this thread is supposed to be about...
    12-08-09 10:25 PM
    Hey Shansmi & 3CISSBB...about time you guys take your slap fight somewhere else, it's really getting annoying and has made it difficult to follow what this thread is supposed to be about...
    Thanks. I'll take that under advisement. Whatever.
    12-08-09 10:27 PM
    agreed

anyway to people who've jumped to this new version. worth it to take the plunge? im running 351 and have a few apps, is it worth the upgrade or should i wait for this or another official release?
    12-08-09 10:28 PM
    I would jump on this build. It has fixed issues from previous builds and seems to have capitalized on all the strengths of the 5.0 OS.
    12-08-09 10:30 PM
    Best os for the 9700
    I agree! This is a solid build, no problems what so ever so far.
    12-08-09 10:30 PM
    Really? Wow genius. Maybe you should take a look at the top of this very forum. It's located in the BETA OS section. It's not called a leaked section. Sorry if you don't know what BETA means, but as a beta tester for Microsoft for over 10 years, a leak is something that isn't supposed to be released yet. That means it has bugs. Now....beta is also software that has bugs. No company in their right mind (RIM included) would officially release software that they knew had bugs in it. That is why....Pay attention now because this is very important....it's BETA and not official.

In the spirit of CB forums though, leaks and betas are the same thing. This is BETA software. This is leaked software. They are the same and whatever you want to call them...fact remains....they are not OFFICIAL.
    Going by what you said here... especially about Beta having bugs.. umm offical releases have bugs too. Since you were a tester for microsoft you should know that microsoft offically releases software full of bugs. And everyone who has the stock 5.0 of the OS which also has some bugs like the SMS/Contact bug.. so does that mean the stock OS is also Beta? things that make you go hmmm

As a programmer for over 10 years ( and a microsoft certified developer since 2003 MCSD and MCAD) I can tell you that no matter how much a company tests there will always be a bug or two that makes it to "offical" releases
    Last edited by Graffixnyc; 12-08-09 at 10:35 PM.
    12-08-09 10:33 PM
    Let's keep it on topic people....

Anymore off topic discussion, move to PM or another OT thread in the proper place.
    I would jump on this build. It has fixed issues from previous builds and seems to have capitalized on all the strengths of the 5.0 OS.
    you know what you seem to be answering alot of questions for people. Its cool that you are here helping us. Thanks for everthing.

who cares what other people say on these forums

does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid gmail plugin i'm sick of seeing 2 gmail icons after a reboot or service book resend
    Last edited by Jay21fire; 12-08-09 at 10:37 PM. Reason: fix
    ok why does this always happen to me....I got it installed and then had to download the new BBM OTA and then it asked to reboot so i did and i was so impressed how fast the line went across (less than a minute and a half) but now its just sitting there the line went all the way across and its stuck, been like that for about 7-8 minutes now.......
    12-08-09 10:37 PM
    Going by what you said here... especially about Beta having bugs.. umm offical releases have bugs too. Since you were a tester for microsoft you should know that microsoft offically releases software full of bugs. And everyone who has the stock 5.0 of the OS which also has some bugs like the SMS/Contact bug.. so does that mean the stock OS is also Beta? things that make youu goo hmmm
    There is no perfect software. Every bit of code for every single piece of software ever written will have bugs. The difference is when something gets released as official, it is as compatible as it can be until a piece of software comes along that causes a negative reaction, thus triggering a new build to be written and released. These betas are test OS's. Hence BETA. After testing with extensive apps one gets adopted as official. Then leaks/betas continue to be developed and make it to the wild until another gets 'accepted' as official.
    12-08-09 10:37 PM
    ok why does this always happen to me....I got it installed and then had to download the new BBM OTA and then it asked to reboot so i did and i was so impressed how fast the line went across (less than a minute and a half) but now its just sitting there the line went all the way across and its stuck, been like that for about 7-8 minutes now.......
    No touch. Mine hung under the r's for a bit too... Be patient. Are you sure it has been 7-8 minutes?
    12-08-09 10:39 PM
    you know what you seem to be answering alot of questions for people. Its cool that you are here helping us. Thanks for everthing.

who cares what other people say on these forums

does anyone know how to get rid of this stupid gmail plugin i'm sick of seeing 2 gmail icons after a reboot or service book resend
    Unfortunately the G-Mail plug-in is now being pushed via service books to your phone. No way to remove them. The carriers ahve taken the 'let's be compatible' road and pushes them now.
    12-08-09 10:41 PM
    No touch. Mine hung under the r's for a bit too... Be patient. Are you sure it has been 7-8 minutes?
    yeah im sure it was that long, cause i was timing it to see if it was going to beat .405 and possibly .351 got to 9minutes and 22seconds but it finally loaded...hope that was a one time deal because i had so many programs that were loading etc...
    12-08-09 10:41 PM
    Software will always have bugs - no doubt. The questions become, is the current set of problems acceptable until a solution is available? Can we fix it later in a production environment without breaking something else and will we have something to sell in the mean time without the load in question?
    12-08-09 10:43 PM
    yeah im sure it was that long, cause i was timing it to see if it was going to beat .405 and possibly .351 got to 9minutes and 22seconds but it finally loaded...hope that was a one time deal because i had so many programs that were loading etc...
    After an install [OS or app] the first one or two times will boot slowly. After that it should be faster. This is normal.
    12-08-09 10:43 PM
    Cool at least it came up and on that note even though I have skipped a few pages of this thread I have heard of no upgrade or wipe/install failures. I did not time mine but boot times seem much faster than .405 and I think .291 which is the official load. I remember .405 hanging in the same place just longer.
    12-08-09 10:46 PM
    Software will always have bugs - no doubt. The questions become, is the current set of problems acceptable until a solution is available? Can we fix it later in a production environment without breaking something else and will we have something to sell in the mean time without the load in question?
    That is pretty easy to answer actually. We as consumers will always accept what is good enough for now. MS is a perfect example. With the release of Win7, the entire OS architecture was rewritten. Everything worked great at initial launch. Then, when they released a security patch last week, it gave some people what is now known as the Black screen of death.

Software by default will always have bugs. Picking an OS is better likened to picking the lesser of two evils. What bugs/quircks can you live with and which ones can't you live with.

I can live with .415
    12-08-09 10:47 PM
    Back on topic. No need to continue the back & forth as that isn't what the thread was created for. Thanks
    12-08-09 10:49 PM
    hmm. My win7 x64 i7 rig has been up now for 4 days overclocked to 4GHz after a BIOS update. Got a update ID so I can check it out? Was it pulled as I see nothing dated last week?

I'll say also that doing these installs on that same rig under those conditions (overclocked and folding) have presented no issues whatsoever with DM, installing and removing OS loads nor has it presented any issues running BBSAK to install a new OS. Other updaters are not real x64 friendly.
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-08-09 at 10:53 PM.
    12-08-09 10:51 PM
    anyone know if viigo works with this build?
    12-08-09 10:56 PM
494 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD