Really? Wow genius. Maybe you should take a look at the top of this very forum. It's located in the BETA OS section. It's not called a leaked section. Sorry if you don't know what BETA means, but as a beta tester for Microsoft for over 10 years, a leak is something that isn't supposed to be released yet. That means it has bugs. Now....beta is also software that has bugs. No company in their right mind (RIM included) would officially release software that they knew had bugs in it. That is why....Pay attention now because this is very important....it's BETA and not official.

In the spirit of CB forums though, leaks and betas are the same thing. This is BETA software. This is leaked software. They are the same and whatever you want to call them...fact remains....they are not OFFICIAL.

Well duh. I know what a leak is and I know what a beta is. Being official was not the question or comment. If a release is sent to a carrier and they accept it, it gets certified and released as official period end of story - no code changes. This has been stated over and over. Watch the name calling or I will make a sailor blush and I promise you will not like it.
    12-08-09 08:09 PM
    Well duh. I know what a leak is and I know what a beta is. Being official was not the question or comment. If a release is sent to a carrier and they accept it, it gets certified and released as official period end of story - no code changes. This has been stated over and over. Watch the name calling or I will make a sailor blush and I promise you will not like it.
    LMAO!! All this back in forth between the two of yall is hilarious ... but interesting as well because its informative for me I understand fully now about BETA and Leaks ...so thanks to the both of yall I guess .. LOL
    12-08-09 08:14 PM
    You make no sense, especially after your earlier comment.

Strange - I thought these were leaks not BETA, LOL. BETA loads would not make it out of RIM without testing and most BETA loads never become leaks. These leaks are actually delivered to the customer... Pay attention now because this is very important - the only difference between a leak and an official load is the stamp of approval from a carrier - no code changes.
    Leaks aren't delivered to any customers. They're leaked. In no short terms you contradicted yourself. Please take your 142 comments and learn something. And don't threaten me either.

And btw: many betas do become official at some point. Maybe you should start your blackberry classes in the 101 section. I have a link in my sig.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 12-08-09 at 08:17 PM.
    12-08-09 08:14 PM
    I think we are getting so many OS revisions for the 9700 since its been adopted by a lot of RIM employees. It only makes sense that they'd want the device they use to be perfect.
    I used CrackUtil to delete the gmail.cod file on the bb. This deletes the enhanced gmail plugin-- this fixed the problem for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 08:17 PM
    Here is what I have running....I mentioned the a calendar bug earlier that I did see again....

Here is what I am running:

BB Maps,
    Outlook 2007 Calendar Sync,
    Outlook 2007 Contacts Sync,
    Visual VM,
    Google App,
    Google Maps,
    Quicklaunch (non 9700 version, did loose registration of course as expected),
    AutoStandby (w a 120s timer, did loose registration of course as expected),
    Midnight Pool II,
    Various Website launchers (CB, NFL, ESPN, CNN etc),
    Berry Weather 2 (did loose registration of course as expected),
    Spotberry 2.0 (did loose registration of course as expected),
    Dictionary.com,
    DocToGo 2.0 premium with PDFToGo (did not loose registration),
    BBUnitConverter,
    Speedtest,
    Yellowpages,
    MyCastWeather,
    BBAppWorld,
    On Board Memory Cleaner set one 1 HR idle time,
    BT with a Q1 headset,
    12-08-09 08:18 PM
    You make no sense, especially after your earlier comment.

Leaks aren't delivered to any customers. They're leaked. In no short terms you contradicted yourself. Please take your 142 comments and learn something. And don't threaten me either.

And btw: many betas do become official at some point. Maybe you should start your blackberry classes in the 101 section. I have a link in my sig.
    Maybe you should read some more then because many times actual RIM employees have commented on the process and per those comments as well as what I know by other means that is the process. Why don't you just stick to that TMO network and leave everything else alone. Do you really think any carrier would let a leak posting stand with their branding? For a "master" not real good at this are ya? Then again maybe you have never hacked an OS and posted it so others could play only to get a cease letter.

Hmm...

================================================== ===

Back to real purpose of this thread,
    So far I have not had any real issues with this load and battery life seems improved even over a hard reset.
    12-08-09 08:26 PM
    Apps that I have verified work on this build:

BerryBuzz
    BerryWeather
    SmartAlerts
    Quicklaunch
    Bolt
    Call Blocker Pro
    Google Voice
    MyCallLogs
    Role Call Tasks
    SmsScheduler
    Later Flag

Apps that I verified but don't use [installed and tested but then removed]

ebay app
    Facebook
    Profiler Pro
    Location Profiler
    12-08-09 08:26 PM
    Maybe you should read some more then because many times actual RIM employees have commented on the process and per those comments as well as what I know by other means that is the process. Why don't you just stick to that TMO network and leave everything else alone. Do you really think any carrier would let a leak posting stand with their branding? For a "master" not real good at this are ya? Then again maybe you have never hacked an OS and posted it so others could play only to get a cease letter.

Hmm...

================================================== ===

Back to real purpose of this thread,
    So far I have not had any real issues with this load and battery life seems improved even over a hard reset.
    Well hey there genius noob. Actually, I've hacked more on a Blackberry than you could even wrap your head around. Check out my thread here smartboy. You have no idea what you even say. You have obviously presented your age [12 maybe thirteen] judging by your posts. You have the mentality of a total beginner who only wants to lash out because their intelligence has been questioned and found lacking.

Please grow up and face the fact that you were wrong and simply move on like a good little boy now.

Even the MODS have posted that this is BETA software. Get a clue.

Better yet, read this. The official posting here on CB. In it, it is listed as BETA and LEAKED. Argue with the CB community. Nice noob!
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 12-08-09 at 08:34 PM.
    12-08-09 08:30 PM
    Why don't you just stick to that TMO network
    I will. And I'll continue to pay far less for my service than you. And I have UMA and tethering. What do you have? The Death Star network!!!! LMAO
    12-08-09 08:39 PM
    Just installed this OS to my 9700

- Nimbuzz doesn't work
    - VodaFone Update doesn't run
    - Opera Mini 4.2 doesn't work...

down grading to .405 as we speak...

i can deal with some apps not working by not my top three.

Is it confirmed that OperaMini 4.2 doesn't work on this build? I use it everyday.

12-08-09 08:41 PM
    last.fm <<<---- did not work on .405 (required 2-3 reboots and connect once via wifi)

Quicklaunch (make sure you backup your list to our memory card before upgrading and do a restore within the program afterwards. You may need to add a single program first to get to the restore option.

TivoDVR Scheduler
    Podtrapper
    SlingMobile (had to connect once using Wifi to login first after a few reboots)
    Google Voice

SlackerRadio (still cannot get over that I have to reselect cached channels after each OS upgrade. Slacker really should store the list of cached stations on the server, but that's a rant for another time)

Gmail
    Google Sync
    SmrtGuard
    Funambol
    Dub
    WiFi File Transfer
    Amazon
    Bolt Browser
    SocialScope

Only issue I have been able to see, on first glance, is that Mobile Banking appears to be giving me a certificate error.
    12-08-09 08:49 PM
    just did a device wipe installed this firmware, restored apps, restored settings, resent service books, did a battery pull and am now ready to test this badboy out!
    12-08-09 08:53 PM
    does anyone still use google sync??? or is there some other way of doing it now??
    12-08-09 08:57 PM
    Has anyone had the wallpaper glitch on 3rd party themes? I am using blackberry bliss and with a custom wall paper my app menu goes all white every once in a while. I had this issue with my 9000 on beta 5.0 also.

12-08-09 09:15 PM
    Has anyone had the wallpaper glitch on 3rd party themes? I am using blackberry bliss and with a custom wall paper my app menu goes all white every once in a while. I had this issue with my 9000 on beta 5.0 also.

Simply go to options>themes, click on your active theme, then choose reset theme wallpaper.
    12-08-09 09:16 PM
    I'm loving this beta, seem to be getting excellent battery life, no weird enabler running in the background like .405, and overall very speedy
    12-08-09 09:17 PM
    I will. And I'll continue to pay far less for my service than you. And I have UMA and tethering. What do you have? The Death Star network!!!! LMAO
    You have no idea what I do not pay. You seem to have confused being a relative noob to these forums with being a noob in general - wrong again grasshopper! Stop posting your crappy personal attacks in this thread and start posting again about the release.
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-08-09 at 09:36 PM.
    12-08-09 09:34 PM
    You have no idea what I do not pay. Stop posting your crappy personal attacks in this thread and start posting about the release.
    Oh, but I do know what all the AT&T customers pay. I know every detail of all their plans and what it costs. I've already posted my findings on this build and will continue to do so.

My 'replies' were in direct response to your statement about leaks and betas.

I'll even tell you what I pay. My monthly bill is $82.00 for unlimited everything. That also includes tethering. I also use Wi-Fi for UMA calling [AT&T doesn't even offer Wi-Fi calling...LOL]. Now, since T-Mo operates on the 1700 Mhz frequency band, I get poor signal quality indoors, but that's where Wi-Fi comes in.

AT&T might have 'more' coverage, but that doesn't mean it's better. Death Star customers almost always typically complain of dropped calls, network congestion and slow 3G. So yeah, I'll stick with T-Mo for the UMA calling, no dropped calls, better [more reliable] coverage and better customer care. Not to mention I pay half [yes half] of what the same AT&T customer pays for the same plan.

So...as with the 8900 that I used to have and now my 9700, AT&T charges TWICE what I pay for the SAME services and plan features.

You can keep AT&T. I'll stick with T-Mo.
    12-08-09 09:45 PM
    Sorry if I have missed this anywhere in this forum, but in some previous builds there was a Main message list setting in the main message folder under settings. In this setting category I was able to pick and chose what, e-mail accounts, text messages, and mms messages I could have go to the main folder. My question is if that setting specifically is here in this build. Thanks for any response and my apologies if this questions has already been asked.

Thanks
    Ryan
    12-08-09 09:52 PM
    Sorry if I have missed this anywhere in this forum, but in some previous builds there was a Main message list setting in the main message folder under settings. In this setting category I was able to pick and chose what, e-mail accounts, text messages, and mms messages I could have go to the main folder. My question is if that setting specifically is here in this build. Thanks for any response and my apologies if this questions has already been asked.

Thanks
    Ryan
    Yes it is!
    12-08-09 09:53 PM
    I am on 9700 stock tmo OS .330 i want to update to this one. I know its meaning less but how does one get myfaves icons to come back
    12-08-09 09:53 PM
    I am on 9700 stock tmo OS .330 i want to update to this one. I know its meaning less but how does one get myfaves icons to come back
    The 9700 currently does not support My-Favs, however, depending on the OS installed, it may get pushed to your phone. Worth a try.
    12-08-09 09:54 PM
    i just loaded .415 onto my 9700, first question is how do i set my SMS to not send when i hit enter??? i dont see it in options
    12-08-09 09:57 PM
    I pay $65 USD for everything unlimited. No dropped calls on TMO? That is not the case where I live certainly on 2G for sure but since they just rolled out 3G, I have no idea what that is like on their network. If they used who I think they used as a UMTS vendor, I am surprised to hear things are that good. Never cared for WiFi or tethering...

That stuff today is not like surfing the net in a bar like in the days of CDPD...
    i just loaded .415 onto my 9700, first question is how do i set my SMS to not send when i hit enter??? i dont see it in options
    Go to options then SMS.
494 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD