ok say that again....last time when i updated to .405 everything was already there i dont think i restored anything from a backup file

I did it this way:

1) download OS
    2) install OS
    3) go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader & delete the vendor.xml file

4) double click on applaoder.exe
    5) choose for it to back up everything and restore everything
    6)click next

is there a better way to do it??
    Better is a relative term.

Here are my steps

1. Backup System
    2. Backup Third Party Apps (I use the old DM trick, I don't like how BBSAK names files on a backup)
    3. Wipe with BBSAK or JL_CMD
    4. Install New OS via Apploader
    5. Restore Apps
    6. Do an Advanced Restore (I usually just do Browser Stuff, Folders, Folder ID, Profile, Sounds, WLAN and Theme Settings) I rebuild everything else manually (bbm gets restored from RIM, Service books I re-send)
    7. Enjoy

Seems tedious, but takes almost no time
    Last edited by lcohen999; 12-08-09 at 04:00 PM.
    12-08-09 03:57 PM
    omg the speaker is definitely weaker in this build.
    .405 was awesomer.
    Im am listening to this trance song with full on bass with my
    bose headphones, and it sounds like my bose are busted(but theyre not)
    ...definitely going back to .405
    Whick trance track? :P I personally do not like too much bass while listening to trance. Anti-hardstyle here lol. Armin Van Buuren #1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 04:07 PM
    Whick trance track? :P I personally do not like too much bass while listening to trance. Anti-hardstyle here lol. Armin Van Buuren #1

F*ck ya man! i saw armin van burren down here at tempe nov 7th, after seeing deadmau5 live nov 6th . it was EPIC!!!

i was listening to Deadmau5 - So there i was...
    the bass lingers in that song, and with my bose headphones,
    it didnt sound right with this build. It sounded epic with .405
    12-08-09 04:10 PM
    Both Deposit and Rapid Share downloads are not working for me.....They both appear to stall after a few minutes...
    12-08-09 04:23 PM
    Media player issue? Does it stop when receiving SMS, MMS, any message at all? Read all 11 pages and no mention thus far. Put it through its paces please!
    Everything good to go.No stopping

12-08-09 04:34 PM
    When you restore from a backup, do NOT include any Contacts/Calendar

Let google sync pull it down, avoids duplicates this way. The only downside is you lose people's PINs as they are not synced with google sync
    who cares about pins when bbm is saved backed up via your email address now.
    12-08-09 04:38 PM

Thank you!
    Now I have a few friends 9700's to load up and hopefully my own tomorrow
    12-08-09 04:42 PM

Mine didn't stop, either.
    12-08-09 05:16 PM
    12-08-09 05:25 PM
    blackberryos.com is the best place to get it hands down. you don't even need to be a member to download it....

BlackberryOS.com - Downloads - 9700_5.0.0.415
    12-08-09 05:39 PM
    definitely the best os so far! faster, absolutely no issues... don't go back, do a wipe and install, not an upgrade, you wont regret it
    12-08-09 05:41 PM
    Working great. I lost no settings over the upgrade. I did experience the same Calendar bug as .405 though where my annual all day events converted to 2 day events. I corrected it in the same manner as last time by going back to Jan 2008 in my PC's Calendar (Outlook 2007). After that I went month by month changing them all to single all day reoccurring events marked as free time. A Sync took care of the rest.
    12-08-09 05:48 PM
    Same here, just needed some codes for some apps and that was about it, very fast and smooth everything so far !!!!! great UMA, 3G, Bluetooth and all............
    12-08-09 05:52 PM
    How about this......remember that these are BETA. Why would you sit and complain about an unofficial release not working right???

So you have apps and themes that don't work. Big deal. Install the official release and quit whining about it already.

I can say however that my Gmail works fine as does everything else.
    Strange - I thought these were leaks not BETA, LOL. BETA loads would not make it out of RIM without testing and most BETA loads never become leaks. These leaks are actually delivered to the customer... Pay attention now because this is very important - the only difference between a leak and an official load is the stamp of approval from a carrier - no code changes.
    12-08-09 05:53 PM
    Strange - I thought these were leaks not BETA, LOL. BETA loads would not make it out of RIM without testing and most BETA loads never become leaks. These leaks are actually delivered to the customer... Pay attention now because this is very important - the only difference between a leak and an official load is the stamp of approval from a carrier - no code changes.
    these files are most likely builds sent to carriers for testing and approval before they are branded and officially put out. Whats probably happening is carriers are finding bugs and reporting back and RIM has to fix stuff and issue new builds. So essentially the carriers are the ones most likely leaking these test builds not RIM as no one at would would risk their job leaking intellectual property
    12-08-09 05:58 PM
    who cares about pins when bbm is saved backed up via your email address now.
    I like the linked contacts in BBM, however it only links manually or via PIN

12-08-09 06:04 PM
    Really? Wow genius. Maybe you should take a look at the top of this very forum. It's located in the BETA OS section. It's not called a leaked section. Sorry if you don't know what BETA means, but as a beta tester for Microsoft for over 10 years, a leak is something that isn't supposed to be released yet. That means it has bugs. Now....beta is also software that has bugs. No company in their right mind (RIM included) would officially release software that they knew had bugs in it. That is why....Pay attention now because this is very important....it's BETA and not official.

In the spirit of CB forums though, leaks and betas are the same thing. This is BETA software. This is leaked software. They are the same and whatever you want to call them...fact remains....they are not OFFICIAL.
    12-08-09 06:14 PM
    how do I update on a mac? I cant open the exe file
    12-08-09 06:45 PM
    I took the plunge and upgraded to .415 everything is working fine except i think bbm stayed the same. It says version 5.0.0.33 shouldnt it be 5.0.0.52?
    12-08-09 07:05 PM
    edit10char
    Last edited by dicecube; 12-08-09 at 07:19 PM.
    12-08-09 07:10 PM
    Interesting SMS bug. When device locks and Data at Rest enables, it will seperate the TX and RX on the SMS. So when I send, it creates one conversation, when I receive it creates another.
    12-08-09 07:26 PM
    please anyone who DL this OS already take a look if it supports Russian input, please

edit: yes this version comes with Russian input support, love it, everything works the way it should, no issues at all, my previous OS version was 405, it also has no issues, just was without Russian support
    Last edited by joju58; 12-08-09 at 11:31 PM.
    12-08-09 07:41 PM
    I don't know if it's been mentioned... but in an SMS message... when you press ALT and DELETE... it no longer deletes the entire text message... I HATED that in the past builds. So for just that... I am happy about it
    12-08-09 07:49 PM
    Excellent OS so far, NO bluetooth Bugs, NO randon reboots, NO media player bugs, NO SMS Bugs, NO Blurry Pics, OS overall seems faster, and less memory leak... programs working for me.

Viigo
    Gmail
    Google maps
    Google voice
    facebook
    shazam
    MessageSchedule
    I love blackberry
    blackberry app world
    Bold 1.5
    Msn Messenger

the new bbm 5.0.0.52 in fact has a preview when sending pics, transfer IS faster and voice notes are automatically accepted like in previos bbm versions.

my 2 cent

lxhxr
    12-08-09 08:00 PM
    Excellent OS so far, NO bluetooth Bugs, NO randon reboots, NO media player bugs, NO SMS Bugs, NO Blurry Pics, OS overall seems faster, and less memory leak... programs working for me.

Viigo
    Gmail
    Google maps
    Google voice
    facebook
    shazam
    MessageSchedule
    I love blackberry
    blackberry app world
    Bold 1.5
    Msn Messenger

the new bbm 5.0.0.52 in fact has a preview when sending pics, transfer IS faster and voice notes are automatically accepted like in previos bbm versions.

my 2 cent

lxhxr
    Sound Good enough for me! Thanks for the update!
    12-08-09 08:04 PM
494 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD