they are all unchecked and i'm still getting the same issue..i will try a reboot and see if that helps..but idk...
    12-08-09 02:55 PM
    they are all unchecked and i'm still getting the same issue..i will try a reboot and see if that helps..but idk...
    I'm having the same issue... My gmail is not acting properly.
    12-08-09 02:57 PM
    I think we are getting so many OS revisions for the 9700 since its been adopted by a lot of RIM employees. It only makes sense that they'd want the device they use to be perfect.
    12-08-09 03:05 PM
    Why must Windows bring the file transfer box to the foreground when it is done downloading??? I was typing a Word doc and when the file transfer finished, the file transfer box came to the foreground showing that the file was being copied to the download directory from the temp folder. Since I was typing away, the space bar I typed hit the cancel button and my file was deleted!!!!! Now I have to start all over again. What a hassle!
    12-08-09 03:10 PM
    Going back to .405 where i had no problems with any apps and themes. My battery life and memory was better in .405 compare to .330 and I am not sure about this build because right away I am having apps/themes problems that I have never seen before.
    12-08-09 03:12 PM
    Going back to .405 where i had no problems with any apps and themes. My battery life and memory was better in .405 compare to .330 and I am not sure about this build because right away I am having apps/themes problems that I have never seen before.
    +1

char
    12-08-09 03:13 PM
    I wish I hadn't read the last page, was gonna take the dive after lunch
    12-08-09 03:15 PM
    is anyone else getting the messaging problem...where your gmail is going straight to your messages folder and not in the gmail folders? everything is unchecked in messages---options---inbox settings...someone please help!
    12-08-09 03:15 PM
    is anyone else getting the messaging problem...where your gmail is going straight to your messages folder and not in the gmail folders? everything is unchecked in messages---options---inbox settings...someone please help!
    i have a solution to your problem m8, go back to .405!
    12-08-09 03:21 PM
    The things that annoyed me also is that the boot time takes forever compare to .405 and once my home screen is loaded it is still loading things where I see the rim logo when I am trying to open apps from start. I never had this problem with .405, as soon as my homescreen is loaded from boot up I was good to go and no slow downs.

Another thing is the speaker quality on this build is back to stock where it is weak and distorts compare to .405 where it is a bit louder but much better on highs and not distort at all even at full volume ( I listen to alot of Hip Hop).
    12-08-09 03:23 PM
    Something tells to hold off just a bit longer with this build.
    12-08-09 03:23 PM
    a page an a half ago every was saying how good this is now seems like half of you are going back to .405 ?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! i havent had time to load it yet but i downloaded it and installed it to my computer now im not sure......

did i miss something i thought i read every post, but what are th major problems with this one???

no more white screen, no lag, mail box separation is fixed, no more Enter to send SMS

Faults:
    GoodMaps is slow
    no buzz app or something that ive never heard of before
    12-08-09 03:25 PM
    How about this......remember that these are BETA. Why would you sit and complain about an unofficial release not working right???

So you have apps and themes that don't work. Big deal. Install the official release and quit whining about it already.

I can say however that my Gmail works fine as does everything else.
    12-08-09 03:26 PM
    All my emails are going into the Messages folder. No problems at all.
    12-08-09 03:26 PM
    All my emails are going into the Messages folder. No problems at all.
    But if you gmail configured (Not the app), the gmail messages go in there as well. Before, gmail messages would go in the gmail folder.
    12-08-09 03:29 PM
    a page an a half ago every was saying how good this is now seems like half of you are going back to .405 ?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! i havent had time to load it yet but i downloaded it and installed it to my computer now im not sure......

did i miss something i thought i read every post, but what are th major problems with this one???

no more white screen, no lag, mail box separation is fixed, no more Enter to send SMS

Faults:
    GoodMaps is slow
    no buzz app or something that ive never heard of before
    This build is fine, no issues at all.

Fast, no lag, Gmaps was a google issue, not a OS issue.

Join us, it is sunny over here in .415 land
    12-08-09 03:32 PM
    Been running for a few hours now and haven't run into a single issue. Works just great, and the BT Audio bug in .405 is fixed in this new leak.
    12-08-09 03:33 PM
    Sounds like i will be joining tonight, don't have time right now to load it up as I need to catch a flight in a couple hours, but i think i may look into this thing to delete stuff and thin out the OS package of games and pics and stuff first....crackmem right..

the only actual problem that was an inconvenience to me with .405 is when google sync re synced my calendar it added things twice and i had to delete everything from both and reenter my calendar one by one
    12-08-09 03:35 PM
    omg the speaker is definitely weaker in this build.
    .405 was awesomer.
    Im am listening to this trance song with full on bass with my
    bose headphones, and it sounds like my bose are busted(but theyre not)
    ...definitely going back to .405
    12-08-09 03:37 PM
    Sounds like i will be joining tonight, don't have time right now to load it up as I need to catch a flight in a couple hours, but i think i may look into this thing to delete stuff and thin out the OS package of games and pics and stuff first....crackmem right..

the only actual problem that was an inconvenience to me with .405 is when google sync re synced my calendar it added things twice and i had to delete everything from both and reenter my calendar one by one
    When you restore from a backup, do NOT include any Contacts/Calendar

Let google sync pull it down, avoids duplicates this way. The only downside is you lose people's PINs as they are not synced with google sync
    12-08-09 03:38 PM
    Started getting multiple Uncaught null pointer errors after installing .415 also SameTime stopped working.

Goin back to .405 at this very moment.
    12-08-09 03:40 PM
    How about this......remember that these are BETA. Why would you sit and complain about an unofficial release not working right???

So you have apps and themes that don't work. Big deal. Install the official release and quit whining about it already.

I can say however that my Gmail works fine as does everything else.
    No one is whining about it! the negative things about this OS have to be freaking mentioned mr. smart ***! so that people would know which beta os will better fit them. These leaks are beta and none of them will be perfect it all depends on what works for you and what you are willing to sacrifice. I prefer .405 because it is more like .330 that came with my phone but improved on it. All this problems that were mentioned in .405 like email and sms/mms not being separated does not concern me because it was never in .330 in the first place!

Well look at that after downgrading to .405, boot time is faster, no slow downs at start, all apps/themes work, and I get to retain my better battery life and better speakers so go figure!
    Last edited by evorc; 12-08-09 at 03:54 PM.
    12-08-09 03:46 PM
    When you restore from a backup, do NOT include any Contacts/Calendar

Let google sync pull it down, avoids duplicates this way. The only downside is you lose people's PINs as they are not synced with google sync
    ok say that again....last time when i updated to .405 everything was already there i dont think i restored anything from a backup file

I did it this way:

1) download OS
    2) install OS
    3) go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader & delete the vendor.xml file

4) double click on applaoder.exe
    5) choose for it to back up everything and restore everything
    6)click next

is there a better way to do it??
    12-08-09 03:49 PM
    has anyone heard of a way to fix the messaging problem?? I know of a few of are experiencing the same issue...all of our gmail emails are going into the messages folder and not the gmail folders..and I know i have all the inboxes unchecked under messages....options....inbox settings...sooo..i think i will be going back to another OFFICIAL OS...i really like this one except this issue thats really bugging me if you have a fix please let me know
    12-08-09 03:50 PM
    awww, this FW works absolutely lovely, the speed, features and stability of .371 without any bugs (at least for me), great, just great, now keep 'em coming... ^^
    12-08-09 03:57 PM
494 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD