man this upgrade sounds like a gem, too bad I have dealt with horrible OS updates in the past which leave me feeling iffy about messing around with the OS
    Just do it! You will be in 9700 Heaven!
    12-08-09 01:13 PM
    Is anyone else having problems getting their 9700 to update? AppLoader and DM both fail to connect to the ROM. It did the same thing with the last update.

I don't get this. It is very frustrating.
    make sure you disconnect your PC from the interweb
    12-08-09 01:13 PM
    well so far so good. WIFI seems to be more stable than .405 .
    12-08-09 01:14 PM
    one thing i was confused about, there were two Facebook and myspace icon. and in my Download folder, there were Music, Pictures, Videos files, i didnt know what to do with them, so i just hid them.
    12-08-09 01:15 PM
    Is anyone else having problems getting their 9700 to update? AppLoader and DM both fail to connect to the ROM. It did the same thing with the last update.

make sure you delete the vendor.xml file
    12-08-09 01:16 PM
    I remove the video, the ringtones, the wallpapers, T-Mo enabler files and VVM files (I use YouMail). This saves me about 14MB.
    How do I go about removing all of this stuff?
    12-08-09 01:19 PM
    +1

10 char
    12-08-09 01:20 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Here you go.
    12-08-09 01:23 PM
    In the JAVA folder under loader files. Just remove all the garbage. If you're not comfortable doing it then don't. You could brick your phone. I have a lot of experience doing this from other BB devices.
    12-08-09 01:24 PM
    one word

CrackMem
    12-08-09 01:25 PM
    All loaded up. Didn't have any problem with Google Maps. So far all is good, and the startup time is quicker than under . 405
    12-08-09 01:33 PM
    12-08-09 01:34 PM
    updating to betas is the true essence of the namesake "crackberry". As many times as I have said in the past two weeks "I'm not trying out any more beta leaks the first day they're out"-

here I am. The pipe likes me too much.

edit: Bah, mobile banking no work again. I think I found the pattern. It works on the builds that at&t test. So whenever leaks come out I should find out which ones at&t "has issued certificates for" (i have no idea if i said what i meant or if i meant the right thing or what i'm even talking about)
    Next time I will have to find out if at&t is testing an OS before i jump on it.

So how do i find out, aside from hanging on CX's every passing mention?
    Last edited by boobah204; 12-08-09 at 01:42 PM.

I get this same problem when I try to use a virtual machine on my mac to update OS. I only use my windows machine to do OS updates now.
    one word

CrackMem
    another word... BBSAK
    12-08-09 01:38 PM
    I have the TMO 9700 on TMo and I just downloaded this OS and yea, the myfaves is nice to see back on, but my 3g seems to not show up. After I ran my back up files back on to the phone, it just showed the 3g without the bb flag next to it, so I had no internet connection. Did a reboot, and now I just have capitalized EDGE. Resent service books, and another reboot and still nothing. Any suggestions? And this OS seems kinda sluggish..i was running the official rogers .351 i think before. IDK, I love all these leaks, but I think I might just stick with the official releases until TMO releases their official. I work for TMO and the tech rep said they will soon release the new OS, they just didnt tell me when anyone else having this issue? I mean i'm at school, but i could have sworn that my school was in a 3g area...i'll just have to check when i get back to my house.
    12-08-09 01:43 PM
    This is awesome! Thanks. Heard about it yesterday, but wasn't expecting a leak this soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, same here. Someone had mentioned that it was two weeks away. But, no complaints here.
    12-08-09 01:43 PM
    I gained 12MB's at least after installing this build.
    12-08-09 01:44 PM
    I have 2 BBM's in the list. One is set to remove, and the other is to update.
    Yeah, I updated one(.55) that was set to remove while removing the other (.33) - which was listed with my 3rd party apps.
    12-08-09 01:50 PM
    I gained 12MB's at least after installing this build.
    how in da heck did that happen?
    i had 128mb(.405) and now its down to 120mb with this build
    12-08-09 01:51 PM
    Confirmed (@greatgoogly)

Google Maps is working again, must have been a google-side issue
    12-08-09 01:55 PM
    another word... BBSAK
    Link to story on BBSAK:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-swi...-v1-6-released

12-08-09 01:57 PM
    I get this same problem when I try to use a virtual machine on my mac to update OS. I only use my windows machine to do OS updates now.
    I figured it out. Apparently my new DELL U2410 doesn't have fast enough USB hubs on the side to support the phone. My older 17" from them worked fine with my Bold. I put it on a local USB port and it worked fine.
    12-08-09 01:59 PM
    I have the TMO 9700 on TMo and I just downloaded this OS and yea, the myfaves is nice to see back on, but my 3g seems to not show up. After I ran my back up files back on to the phone, it just showed the 3g without the bb flag next to it, so I had no internet connection. Did a reboot, and now I just have capitalized EDGE. Resent service books, and another reboot and still nothing. Any suggestions? And this OS seems kinda sluggish..i was running the official rogers .351 i think before. IDK, I love all these leaks, but I think I might just stick with the official releases until TMO releases their official. I work for TMO and the tech rep said they will soon release the new OS, they just didnt tell me when anyone else having this issue? I mean i'm at school, but i could have sworn that my school was in a 3g area...i'll just have to check when i get back to my house.
    Maybe not an applicable question...did you delete the vendor.xml file? I always do.
    12-08-09 02:05 PM
    Ok. Another friggin 9700 leak when the Tour still hasn't seen one in months. Seriously. My head is going to explode. If I went out and bought a 9700 today, there would be 5 9630 leaks and nothing for the 9700.
    Please don't buy a 9700!!! lol I love the leaks!
    12-08-09 02:11 PM
494 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD