Does anyone have an 8900 curve with OS 5.0.0.681 who has had video recording problem?

The 1st replacement I got had no problem but it wasn't in great condition so

I had a 2nd replacement 8900 curve sent to me and it had OS 4.6.1.310 and the camera and video would just crash everytime i accessed it and rebooted the phone.

I had no problems with the previous version of my 8900 and I thought doing a OS upgrade to v5.0 would solve this problem which it has a bit.

Now the camera works pretty much fine except time to time it goes black if the light changes to dark but the video does not work on 'normal' mode, when i try recording it just freezes the picture and records that and then says that the media type is unsupported if i try to playback.

but if i record in 'MMS' mode there is no problem it records fine.

Is this a software problem and not a hardware problem?

They told me that all the phones are tested for electronics before being sent out to customers but i'm concerned that the video/camera problems have not gone despite upgrading the software.

IF it does record in MMS mode but not 'normal' does that mean my video is broken or it purely a software issue?
    06-26-10 11:20 AM
    Hi I have the same problem and i've read a lot of posts with it 2, but no solution at all this is really anoying, it's my second 8900 with this issue, i hope that a new upgraded OS fix this. If u find a solution please let me know
    12-02-10 09:06 PM
    Have you thought about bringing it to your carrier's store and showing them for proof? Tested or tried a different memory card? When you rebooted the phone, was that a battery pull or alt-shift-del? You should do a battery pull if that fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jota288king likes this.
    12-04-10 05:29 AM
    Have you thought about bringing it to your carrier's store and showing them for proof? Tested or tried a different memory card? When you rebooted the phone, was that a battery pull or alt-shift-del? You should do a battery pull if that fails.

Thanks i did the battery pull with the phone on and it worked, i guess it was an active app that caused the problem, i'm still trying to figure out wich one was it but i'm thinking of the camera mute app, so i'll have to live with the annoying sound of taking a picture.

Now i have a different problem the headphones connection doesn't work, when i connect them and play a song it sounds for 1 second and then stops, I've tried with different headphones and aux connection but still the same problem , and i don't know if its software or hardware problem because i notice it after i upgrade the OS to 5.0.0.1022 i mean i didn't try to play music before the upgrade i know i should have.
    it's there a way to know what's causing that?
    and thanks again
    12-06-10 09:31 PM
    Thanks i did the battery pull with the phone on and it worked, i guess it was an active app that caused the problem, i'm still trying to figure out wich one was it but i'm thinking of the camera mute app, so i'll have to live with the annoying sound of taking a picture.

Now i have a different problem the headphones connection doesn't work, when i connect them and play a song it sounds for 1 second and then stops, I've tried with different headphones and aux connection but still the same problem , and i don't know if its software or hardware problem because i notice it after i upgrade the OS to 5.0.0.1022 i mean i didn't try to play music before the upgrade i know i should have.
    it's there a way to know what's causing that?
    and thanks again
    It sounds like a headset port malfunction. try the compressd air and slow/rapid insert/remove of the headset to see if it'll resolve. if not, a warranty exchange will do. It sucks, because you could get one that's got a loose/wobbily trackpad like mine which I dont really mind, as long as it works.

12-06-10 10:16 PM
    It sucks, because you could get one that's got a loose/wobbily trackpad like mine which I dont really mind, as long as it works.
    I'd be pretty happy if I got an exchange 8900 with a trackpad... wobbly or not
    12-06-10 10:33 PM
    hi, the cause of camera/video problem/crash is the faulty memory card!!!! just format it or simply get a new one! this problem is not software related!
    04-17-12 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD