I don't understand the whole Blackberry 6 hype besides the webkit browser. Its just OS 5 with a new look I don't see the special thing about it. If the the Bold 9000 does not support it I would be fine as long as I could get a hold of the new webkit browser and facebook 2.0 (if it will only be compatible with OS 6). Idk if i'm missing out on some good info but If there is anyone wanna fill me in on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 01:47 PM
    mostly it's a partial revamp to make the os more up to date, like turning the shortmenu into the 3x3 menu shown, and others to help optimize the os, yet keep it true to it's legacy.

It may not seem like much, but if RIM was to do a completely radical change they might as well just use android with the BIS/BES system ported to it.

speaking of which, it'd be cool if there was a pilot program where they made one device with android and the Blackberry push system installed. I can't see it leaving Waterloo though...
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-15-10 at 01:56 PM.
    05-15-10 01:52 PM
    You will not be able to install the webkit browser if your phone doesn't support OS6. Webjut is an integrated part of the OS, according to Mike L.

05-15-10 03:57 PM
    I don't understand the whole Blackberry 6 hype besides the webkit browser. Its just OS 5 with a new look I don't see the special thing about it. If the the Bold 9000 does not support it I would be fine as long as I could get a hold of the new webkit browser and facebook 2.0 (if it will only be compatible with OS 6). Idk if i'm missing out on some good info but If there is anyone wanna fill me in on it?

How can you "know" its just a new look all from watching a video? Shouldn't you wait til maybe you use it befoRe you go making statements Like that. Unless of course you ARE designing it in which case I apologize Mr OS 6 designer.

05-15-10 09:29 PM
    There are a lot of things that you won't see visually but you will feel whiles using OS6. The visuals are nice, but those aren't the big changes. The way I see it, the big change is the way everything interacts. It seems like switching between apps and using multiple apps at once is what this new OS is all about.

Webkit browser is big enough to make all the hype worth while. Add in all the other features and, trust me, this new OS will be very noticeable once you first use it.
    05-15-10 09:33 PM
    Hmm perhaps I shall see what RIM has in stores for us. I hope this OS 6 lives up to the hype or else its just another disappointment for us consumers and a step back in the "game" :P

05-16-10 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD