hi all...

i've done alot of searching and have yet to see what is happening to me anywhere else (usually people have the opposite problem). I am running version .86, and i can send emails all day... cannot receive one though. i have tried emailing my phone account from my work account, hotmail account, yahoo account, etc and nothing comes through. (it worked in .85 just fine) perhaps an issue with the incoming server setup? sms is working fine, mms is working fine, etc. any ideas? this is driving me nuts

thanks all,

Jason
    01-16-09 10:04 AM
    Hi Jason. I recently started having this problem with BIS and GMAIL. I couldn't find a fix, even after multiple battery pulls, restarting the mobile connections, etc.

In the end I had to delete my email configuration and re-do it, which only took a few minutes and solved the problem. Hopefully it is a one-time thing and not ongoing.

Check your connection settings - is the Internet service turned on? Can you browse the web?

My guess is that your emails are going away but are not actually being sent. Can you confirm that any of your recipients are getting the emails from your phone?

Oh by the way, I couldn't figure out how to resend my service books since I couldn't log into the BIS website, but that may work also.
    Last edited by mdude85; 01-16-09 at 10:11 AM.
    01-16-09 10:07 AM
    You could allways delete all your email accounts and just freshly reenter all the information

or resend service books, and make sure you have wireless reconcile set to on
    01-16-09 10:09 AM
    thanks for the info... to answer your questions:

yes, i have sent to all the email accounts that i tried to send back from. they all recieved the emails from my vzw.blackberry.net account.

internet is turned on, browsing all the time.

how do you resend service books? its easy with bes, i have no idea with bis

i will try to reset my email account and see what happens. hopefully that resolves it
    01-16-09 10:38 AM
    Setup>email settings>menu button>service books
    01-16-09 10:42 AM
    ok... this is still freakin weird. i have redone my account and i have resent my service books. problem still there... i sent from my phone to my work account.. recieved it and replied. nothing got back to my phone. is this a glitch with .86 or am i missing something?
    01-16-09 10:52 AM
    Did you receive notification when you resent your service books though?
    01-16-09 10:56 AM
    yes i did.
    01-16-09 11:41 AM
    this only started when i went to .86... guess i'm going to have to downgrade to .85 if i want to use my damn email. don't know what else to try
    01-16-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD