My wife has an 8320 and I have an 8900, both on TMO with mine being on a BES as well.

We both have our domain names hosted with GoDaddy.com and they also host our personal POP3 email accounts which we also have set up as addresses on our respective BBs. When my wife gets a POP3 email, it hits her BB nearly instantly while mine takes anywhere from 1-15 minutes. I understand that the delay is normal behavior - any ideas why her POP3 email gets to her BB so quickly and is there any way I can speed mine up?

I searched and can't find a reason why this is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    07-17-09 01:42 PM
    Same here!! My 8820 is instant, yet my wifes 8320 is 3-10 min, settings are same on both devices, both on bis, no bes. I have gmail, she has msn+gmail, and both accts take same amt of time. Also on tmobile. Been a problem since day 1. A Tmo rep could not explain why and said it could be "the nature of the beast". Hopefully someone has a solution. Thanks..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:15 PM
    Same here!! My 8820 is instant, yet my wifes 8320 is 3-10 min, settings are same on both devices, both on bis, no bes. I have gmail, she has msn+gmail, and both accts take same amt of time. Also on tmobile. Been a problem since day 1. A Tmo rep could not explain why and said it could be "the nature of the beast". Hopefully someone has a solution. Thanks..

Check the wife's GMAIL settings and make sure they are set to IMAP. Gmail supports IMAP IDLE which means that the BIS server can stay constantly connected and push email instantly on it's arrival in the GMAIL inbox.

My guess is your GMAIL is set up as IMAP and hers is set up as POP3
    07-17-09 07:11 PM
    We did that when we got the 4.5 upgrade, I double checked per your advice to make sure she hadn't changed anything, and its all set up correctly. She says its no big deal for her, so for now I will leave everything as is..Thanks for tip..

07-17-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD