01-04-10 09:26 AM
330 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Install over .230.
    I goofed the first time, but figured it out.
    I am at alost to understand what instal OVER .230 means, can someone please clarify for me???
    12-11-09 10:52 PM
    Fow Win7, not sure on others.. it's located in "Prog Files (x86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\"

In there there should be a folder named "8330AMAE_ etc etc" which you would have obtained after installing the leaked 5.0.0.230 OS from this website (lrn2srch). You then take the file with the same name from within the rar birdman provides, and copy+pasta the contents into that older folder, making sure to tell windows to "copy and replace" for all.

Then you run desktop manager, install as you did with 230, and violla.. hybrid OS with proper working javascript timers in your browser (what I loved it for at least).. and etc..
    12-12-09 02:56 AM
    You're on Verizon, your GPS never worked
    Actually bbmaps worked fine with gps on 4.5. It is 5.0 that it does not work.
    I know it is being worked on, but as the maps work just not with gps it was no biggy at moment.
    12-12-09 07:33 AM
    Guys all these issues you're asking have been addressed already on this SAME POST! at least thats how i installed this hybrid, thru all the questions previously asked and it allowed me to install without a hitch. Luvin the sleek 5.0 look, wayyyyyyyy better than the 4.5. Havent experienced much problems with it yet except for the mem it takes up, by the end of the day i'm down to about 11-13Mb then i do a manual reset. it doesnt affect the phones speed too much tho; i can live with it. good luck to all who decide to try the hybrid! i'd say its worth it
    12-12-09 07:10 PM
    I've had every hybrid including 6.5. The only dealbreaker for me was the 60 min/random reboot issue. I know this can't be fixed until we get a new base file, so I'm sticking to 4.5, reluctantly until an official 5.0 drops, or a new base is released

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 07:21 PM
    Media player is still jacked up. Volume buttons are fast forwarding songs.
    12-12-09 08:54 PM
    Media player is still jacked up. Volume buttons are fast forwarding songs.
    i kinda like it this way. If you just click the button, it turns up/down the volume. If you hold it, it switches tracks.
    12-12-09 10:19 PM
    i'm glad i'm not the only one with the phone call reboot problem. i get about 55 minutes, give or take.

as for quick pull. STAY AWAY.

it is not official or released yet. although there is a beta. you will have nothing but problems. you'll be lucky to get the program uninstalled so the phone will boot up again. but even after that. the program will never delete itself. it will always be there. u can uninstall all u want but it won't go away.

it's also the problem why i my bb appworld was always disappearing. everytime i wanted to use it i had to reinstall it. no icon. and no program was even listed in the app center.

here's a curious question. do we need the vodafone and vznavigator.alx files? or can we delete those?
    Last edited by snowwy66; 12-12-09 at 11:37 PM.
    12-12-09 11:11 PM
    going by the instructions. i got
    platform 3.5.3.30(17)

takes up 6 more megs. reboot dropped from 3 minutes to 4 minutes. gonna try replace the pasted file with the hybrid specific file and see what happens.

LOVING THIS.
    12-13-09 12:36 AM
    First off, This is a terrific hybrid. If you follow the instructions in the readme file that comes in the download package, everything will work better than it used to and the device will be alot faster. Unfortunately, A2DP bluetooth stereo profiles are still not working. I've tried 4 different devices from the ALtec Lansing Backbeat to Ford's Sync system. hands-Free works fine on all of these but I cant seem to get music to stream via bluetooth stereo. It acts like it wants to but absolutely no stereo audio will stream. I wonder if the 5.0 devices out right now have a different bluecore chip than the 8330. Anyone who has any onfo on how to get bluetooth stereo working with 5.0 (any hybrid version) I would greatly appreciate it. Excellent job ion the other features guys. This is really a terrific upgrade for your 8330 otherwise.
    12-13-09 12:18 PM
    i never did figure out how to play music on my bluetooth. running stock 5.0.
    i'm also not familiar with ad2p or whatever. but i don't have the need for music so it hasn't been somethng i've been playing with.

here's my thoughts on v6.5 and this is my first hybrid so i have no clue to earlier versions.

the hybrid file is the only way to go. it has everything now. i don't see a need to mix with the actual file. it also cuts the installation down by 15 megs. with what i installed, i got 41 megs free with the hybrid only. 26 megs free using hybprid + original install folder. no need for the install folder at all. but each has there own preferences. so try both ways. but keep hybrid + actuall folder seperate from the hybrid folder. ((((2 seperate folders))) that you can swap before installing.

the hybrid only shaved 15 seconds off my reboot times. vs. the hybrid+ file method. albeit, still longer then stock 5. but in all fairness. it's not actually the same software.

loading apps back in phone DID take longer then stock 5. almost twice as long for me. and i used the bbsak method. i tried downloading in hopes of upgraded programs. but saw no upgraded apps. and that was very time consuming. but again, we're talking different platforms. SO THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT.

one problem i did experience though. is sprint naviation wouldn't open up the page so i could download. no biggie. as i had all programs backed up. just use bbsak. i also checked out the desktop manager method of switching devices. so now, when i load the phone. sprint nav is one of my programs i can load up ALONG with the OS. (using the loader.exe file) along with google mobile. facebook, bb appworld, tivo, and cnbc icon. those are all on the list and can be loaded at the same time. no download needed. i also have google earth. and msft bing. THOSE WON'T WORK and shouldn't be loaded. have to bbsak install those cods.

msft bing doesn't seem to want to home in my location. no big. it's new to me. it's also a new version. and i see no value to it. the old version is what i use. it has purpose that i can use. new version doesn't. good thing i save that cod as it can't be downloaded anymore. only new version. which does nothing. i use it for traffic jams and movies.

RATING. 10 fingers up and 10 toes up. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. no complaints what so ever.

as for all you others with bugs. i do clean installs. upgrades are nothing but headaches. my installation seems to be flawless. don't see any complaints in the future, but only time will tell.

you wouldn't build a new house on a used foundation. so why install a new OS over a used OS.

50 MINUTE PHONE CALL REBOOT IS GOING TO BE THE ONLY PROBLEM WE ALL HAVE RUNNING 5 ON OUR ANCIENT CURVES. nothing anyone can do cept stay with stock 4.5 if your so inclined.

p.s. i'm still getting memory leak down.

and as far as the icons. i don't see any difference over the newer models.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 12-13-09 at 02:21 PM.
    12-13-09 01:08 PM
    i kinda like it this way. If you just click the button, it turns up/down the volume. If you hold it, it switches tracks.
    I'm pretty sure this is an intended feature and not a bug... hold = next/prev track, press = up/down volume. Am I wrong here?

Either way, it's pretty handy.
    12-13-09 01:47 PM
    I didn't know this was a built-in feature of the media player. thank you all for clarifying this. I feel like such a moron for not asking first. I have to say I give this 10/10. I absolutely love this OS. This should hold me over until the tour 2 comes out. V6.5 rocks!!!
    12-13-09 02:49 PM
    anyone know of any program to rotate the wallpaper, by chance. i've downloaded a ton of images. that would be a cool idea to run on this 6.5 hybrid. i get burned out on one image real fast and change at least twice a week.
    12-13-09 03:29 PM
    Can anyone explain the 50 minute phone reboot? I haven't experienced it myself. Does the phone reboot after a single 50 minute call? does it reboot in the middle of the call, while you're still talking? All of my calls are usually quick, so I'm just curious since I haven't seen it myself.

12-13-09 04:21 PM
    Can anyone explain the 50 minute phone reboot? I haven't experienced it myself. Does the phone reboot after a single 50 minute call? does it reboot in the middle of the call, while you're still talking? All of my calls are usually quick, so I'm just curious since I haven't seen it myself.

What happens is that around the 50-55 min mark, during a phone call, the phone will just shutdown and go through the restart sequence. From what I understand, its a bug in the the .230 radio file, and no once can fix that because that is the only radio file that has leaked for the 8330
    12-13-09 04:58 PM
    Has anyone had any problems getting themes that are downlosded from App World to work? I've downloaded 2 from App World, it says there installed but when I go to themes their not there. I check my application and there listed. Anybody have any ideas?

12-13-09 10:58 PM
    just curious as to if it's possible to just download the curve2 files and just swap whatever is needed to get it loaded on curve 1. it would be nice if downloadable programs would recognize a curve 2. not that it's a big deal. but just wondering if it would be easier or any better to just do that. instead of changing curve 1 files around.

unless that's what happening allready. since i have no idea how these hybrids are made.

and i found a program called wallpaper changer. i have it set for 15 minutes.
    12-13-09 11:24 PM
    forgot to also mention. if you do a backup from 4.5. and restore to 5.0.

the settings are different. you will also have glitches. 5.0 has a extra settings and features and a backup 4.5 restored on 5 can throw it out.

i've even had moments where it wouldn't even do a full restore.

well, here's one to be whiney about. i noticed the hybrids on tour get a radio swap. (faster, stronger signal, AND TABBED BROWSING.) PFFT.
    not complaining though. v6.5 is still way better then stock 4.5 or beta 5.0.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 12-14-09 at 01:22 AM.
    12-13-09 11:55 PM
    I never join forums, never leave comments, however, i had to give you a shout man...birdman...you rock man!!! This is the fastest I have ever seen my blackberry. period!!! Yes, the phone rebooting after being on the phone for a while is a little bit annoying, but it sure is worth upgrading to this version.

Question? what if the phone ".cod" files were moved from a good version, like the tour or bold, to this one, would it still not work? Advise if you already tried this
    12-14-09 08:42 AM

What happens is that around the 50-55 min mark, during a phone call, the phone will just shutdown and go through the restart sequence. From what I understand, its a bug in the the .230 radio file, and no once can fix that because that is the only radio file that has leaked for the 8330
    This is a problem with only certain carriers. Maybe only Sprint. I don't think Verizon or Alltel devices have this problem. I have had phone conversations that have lasted over an hour and my wife has talked for well over two hours (don't ask me how she can talk that long ).
    12-14-09 09:51 AM
    This is a problem with only certain carriers. Maybe only Sprint. I don't think Verizon or Alltel devices have this problem. I have had phone conversations that have lasted over an hour and my wife has talked for well over two hours (don't ask me how she can talk that long ).

It might be. I'm on Sprint. It sucks because I absolutely LOVE 5.0, but I use my Berry as my home phone and I absolutely cant afford for it to just go out during the long phone calls.
    12-14-09 03:15 PM
    i'm on Sprint, i talk to my girlfriend every night for at least and hour, and i don't have the issue you guys are talking about. now, i WISH that issue would come up when my mom called, but it doesn't. i like 5.0.
    12-14-09 05:14 PM
    6.5 is amazing. THANK YOU!!!
    12-15-09 11:05 AM
    Jumping from V5 to V6.5, I notice the radio has a harder time staying connected. I usually have horrible reception at home, but it's never had to search for signal. Its been doing this more and more often. Otherwise, I love it!
    12-15-09 06:26 PM
330 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD