01-04-10 09:26 AM
330 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Just installed on Sprint... Everything seems to be working just fine, I liked the previous theme a little better, but I must say, nice work!!!!
    Where can I find the memo pad?
    12-05-09 04:57 PM
    In v6, all the units for file size seem to be off by an order of magnitude. MB becomes KB, KB becomes bytes. Anyone have a fix?
    12-05-09 05:35 PM
    if anyone does want to revert to v5

http://nathanix.com/blackberry/files...%20v5%20BM.rar

im really sorry that mms doesn't work, im trying to fix it.
    12-05-09 05:58 PM
    While this is by far the fastest hybrid yet, it appears to have broken BES calendar syncing. Doing and RSET at the calendar options does not clear my BES calendar and no changes will sync :-(
    12-05-09 06:03 PM
    Thanks for posting v5, Birdman. You're the best!

Going to hold on to it for a bit though and hope you find a fix for the MMS before I need to revert back. This really IS the best one yet as far as I'm concerned. LOVE how my phone responds!
    12-05-09 06:08 PM
    riddle me this:

screenshot of an early v7 beta.
    Blue Tooth option is missing? Interesting....
    12-05-09 06:09 PM
    just fyi birdman, the media player is still doing the same thing in v6.
    12-05-09 06:35 PM
    While this is by far the fastest hybrid yet, it appears to have broken BES calendar syncing. Doing and RSET at the calendar options does not clear my BES calendar and no changes will sync :-(
    speak of the devil - i was just about to post the fix for that

these 2 cod's fix the calender problem and the yellowbook pages problem

load with bbsak or put them in your java folder.

http://nathanix.com/blackberry/files...or%20fixes.rar
    12-05-09 08:01 PM
    Birdman - you are the man! I am proud to host your files and have you as an Admin on my site.

Got root? BBM me when you read this.
    12-05-09 08:12 PM
    This may be a little off topic, but how do I change the icons I see on the home screen? I want to add gmail instead of "Messages"

thanks for your hard work.. its really impressive
    12-05-09 08:45 PM
    Birdman - you are the man! I am proud to host your files and have you as an Admin on my site.

Got root? BBM me when you read this.

i will bbm you, after im done rebuilding v6 and releasing it as v6.5 (HOPEFULLY with fixed mms.)

get on irc
    Last edited by mrweeeedbirdman; 12-05-09 at 09:28 PM.
    12-05-09 08:58 PM
    Birdman thank you so much for your efforts. I may just have to donate some funding to you. I look forward to fixed MMS although i can kinda live without it. Digging the hybrids. and look forward to playing with v6. I am curious what is in store for v7. And I have yet to be able to find and play the word mole game. is it not included, or is just not that good? (what kinda game is it? scrabble?)
    12-05-09 09:45 PM
    i will bbm you, after im done rebuilding v6 and releasing it as v6.5 (HOPEFULLY with fixed mms.)

get on irc
    Could you also bbm me when 6.5 comes out. I'm sticking with v5 until then.

Can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:15 PM
    6.5 is almost done im putting the final touches on it now.

quite a lot of things have been fixed/updated, so if your running v6, its not urgent (unless you need mms) but i recommend updating once you get the chance.

v7 is having some problems due to cod incompatibility, I've found a way around it. but its going to take a lot longer than previous releases.

also, I'm freezing v7 at .405 so i can concentrate on incorporating one firmware at a time.

I want to thank everyone who has shown support for the hybrid, your positive comments and patience are amazing.

I also want to thank those of you who have donated with the release of v6:
    - Brian
    - Nikolai

thanks guys, v6.5 will be up soon!
    12-05-09 11:00 PM
    cheers mate, will give this a try!
    12-06-09 12:07 AM
    Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - Birdman's 5.0 8330 hybrids (v6.5)

GO get 6.5 now! it fixes the mms problem along with other various glitches.
    12-06-09 01:07 AM
    check original post, 6.5 is up. mms and all other things are fixed

update from 6.0 is highly recommended
    12-06-09 01:11 AM
    Sorry if this topic has already been discussed. But when I searched and searched, nothing came up with Crackberry.com or Google. I am going to buy a BlackBerry 8330 tomorrow on US Cellular. I was wondering, how to install the hybrid v6? Since it will be straight from an official OS, to a hybrid? All the other installation instructions that I have read about or read myself, talk of going from a previous hyrbid, to the latest. Thank you.

PS. Sorry if this is also an extremely dumb question. I just didn't know if it was any different than usually going into DM after deleteing the Vendor.XML, and loading it that way? I'm sure there probably is no vendor file in the hybrid either.
    12-06-09 02:49 AM
    mrweeeedbirdman, I had PMed you but I guess you get tons of PM's a day.. so here is my question, maybe someone else can help out also:

i was wondering if you could shed some light on the bluetooth issue I am having. I have a motorola h500 bluetooth handset. Before 5.0, i would be able to press the call button on the bluetooth and it would bring up the voice activated dialing(i think thats what it was) and I was able to speak the name of the person i wanted to call and it would call. Now it does not do that. I have to manually choose the caller and dial and I can speak through the handset that way.

Is this an issue with the releases? I didnt delete any of the vad cod's and i even tried putting the vad cods from a .190 release as someone else suggested on a thread.
    12-06-09 02:56 AM
    Sorry if this topic has already been discussed. But when I searched and searched, nothing came up with Crackberry.com or Google. I am going to buy a BlackBerry 8330 tomorrow on US Cellular. I was wondering, how to install the hybrid v6? Since it will be straight from an official OS, to a hybrid? All the other installation instructions that I have read about or read myself, talk of going from a previous hybrid, to the latest. Thank you.

PS. Sorry if this is also an extremely dumb question. I just didn't know if it was any different than usually going into DM after deleting the Vendor.XML, and loading it that way? I'm sure there probably is no vendor file in the hybrid either.
    Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Blackberry Curve 8330 OS 5.0 Installation Go here and follow inst. all should go well.
    12-06-09 06:30 AM
    Installing 6.5 now on Sprint. Glad to hear of the fixes and see that Memo Pad is back...
    I didn't really notice anything with v6 for the few hours I had it

I do have a question about the Shrink-A-OS utility though, what is the purpose of the 'radio swap feature, more specifically, do some files help reception better than others?

Thx,
    C
    12-06-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks for getting the fix for the BES calendar done so quickly!!!!!!!
    12-06-09 08:43 AM
    Ok all appears to work on version 6 and 6.5 except I cannot get any themes except zen which i dont like to work?
    Any ideas on what I might be dowing wrong?

OH yeah Birdman keep up the awesome work.
    12-06-09 10:07 AM
    Kinda a little off topic. I am wondering what, if any, themes I can download for the new hybrid. if there are any themes that will work, i would like to know. Any help on this topic would be great.
    12-06-09 01:03 PM
    MMS pictures work (which is the important part for my job), but sounds are still being stripped out so no sending ringtones via MMS right now.

@Deaglos: I found a new feature accidentally which might help. Go to your app screen & press the BB key. Select "options". There is a spot near your theme where you can select Zen, Today, or Custom. Not sure if all those options appear on the stock theme, but they do on my customs. Really neat if you occasionally want to add a bottom dock or today options to an otherwise blank theme.

@Mourningdark: I have been using 8520 & 8350 themes successfully. I normally make most of my themes as I am minimalistic, but premade themes in those formats work great too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 01:28 PM
330 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD