01-04-10 09:26 AM
330 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    hey guys,

just upgraded from a few versions ago to v6.5 and i noticed one issue:

file sizes are being reported as KB instead of MB. So example if a file was 2.4MB it will say 2.4KB instead

no biggie thought i would share. sorry if been mentioned before.
    12-15-09 09:15 PM
    Jumping from V5 to V6.5, I notice the radio has a harder time staying connected. I usually have horrible reception at home, but it's never had to search for signal. Its been doing this more and more often. Otherwise, I love it!
    That's interesting. I get reception in places I've never been able to before moving to 5.0. Also, if you moved from v5 to v6.5 it is the same radio file.
    12-16-09 10:34 AM
    Please tell me someone has a method to get quickpull working. I hate pulling my otterbox off every few days to do a batt pull. This sucks. When i install and follow the directions for the beta it still says unavailable in the apps screen.
    12-18-09 12:51 AM
    my present to you guys is wrapped and ready for release...

now dont you wish Christmas would come?
    12-18-09 02:01 AM
    aw man what a tease!

but hey the hybrids Birdman puts out are welll worth it!! your da best Birdman!
    12-18-09 02:47 AM
    Can we get a little preview of v7?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:42 AM

Now dont you wish christmas would come?
    such ah tease lol
    12-18-09 10:51 AM

now dont you wish Christmas would come?
    I just looked at my calender and it say December 24th at 11:59.
    12-18-09 05:48 PM
    suck bc now i am gonna have to skip all the regular Christmas things i do and sit in front of my laptop and wait on the release of v7, thanks birdman!!!
    12-18-09 05:51 PM
    one thing i've noticed is that i can't mms a picture until i go into my media folder then go to pictures and see it there. not a terrible bug but it can get annoying sometimes.
    12-18-09 06:24 PM
    Waiting for v7. Thanks Mr.Birdman.
    12-19-09 12:12 AM
    I have done my searching and cant seem to find if any headway has been made on resolving the charging pod and the clock's bedside mode insufficient current error. For the most part its only a minor irritation since the charging pod works. and bedside functions properly after dismissing the error.

If it is current code issue is there a work around. Like a app that would auto dismiss the error when it occurs. I would have to think this would be a super light app that is scanning for the specific error popup text and then can dismiss it. I am probably just being overly simplistic. It would have been nice for blackberry to include an "ignore always" check box on its error messages" but then again thats me being simplistic.

I just love bedside mode because it will stay dim but also turn off the illuminated keyboard. I know there are plenty of clocks that will fire up when charging but they don't dim the screen and turn the keyboard illumination off.

thats your PC not tha BLackberry restart your computer and ull see it wont tell u that again
    12-19-09 12:31 AM
    I'm like confused wat is this for and how does this help?
    12-19-09 01:16 AM
    The theme i glitchy the folder icon like is like over huge and stuff and looks ugly
    12-19-09 05:46 AM
    Is it worth upgrading from 5 to 6.5 or should I just hold out until v7 comes out?
    12-19-09 09:11 AM
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I downloaded and installed v6.5 on my 8330 (sprint branded) and everything went perfect. I don't have one single problem with it. But when I tried to install it on my wifes phone.
    I perform the BBSAK wipe and the OS shrink when I go to load soft wear I gen a error message for my computer say the required files are missing from the os and could not be loaded. Or when I use the soft wear loader the new OS will not show up on the screen.
    If any one experienced this problem and also and knows how to correct it could u please help me out.

Side note: me and my wife are using the same phones and same carrier (sprint branded)

12-19-09 12:12 PM
    Is anyone else having a problems loading new themes? I can get them downloaded & installed but they don'T show up in the options/themes menu
    12-19-09 12:48 PM
    I have 4.5.0.175 on my sprint curve but would like to install this. Ive never installed a hybrid. Ive already downloaded this v6 from the start of this thread. Is it wise to just go and install this? Am i supposed to already have a 5.0 os on my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    12-19-09 01:25 PM
    I have 4.5.0.175 on my sprint curve but would like to install this. Ive never installed a hybrid. Ive already downloaded this v6 from the start of this thread. Is it wise to just go and install this? Am i supposed to already have a 5.0 os on my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Its best to have a clean slat when you do an instill of this caliber. When I did mine I did a low level wipe of my phone so it erases all data on the phone. But if you downloaded the folder from this web site it will have all the tools you need to install the OS. And also an read me folder that gives a brief description of the process and what you should do. And there are also loads of threads pertaining to your question and give in depth detail on how to install an OS onto your handheld.

12-19-09 02:27 PM
    thanks. Is it necessary to get dm 5.0 for this? Or can i continue to use 4.6?
    12-19-09 02:53 PM
    i have an 8330m adn am wanting to upgrade to either a 5.0leak or 5.0 hybrid. somebody let me know what the best and most recent option i have> thanks
    12-19-09 05:16 PM
    I just loaded the v6.5. Just playing around a little so far. I'm having trouble changing rintones in profiles. When I go to select ringtone it takes forever. Big time lag I cant even get the ringtone I want its so hard to scroll with the delay. Anyone else having problem. Otherwise everything seems GREAT. I'm loving this right now. Threaded SMS!!
    12-19-09 10:50 PM
    Ok Nevermind. Its impossible to do through the giant intigrated list. But if I go to the top of list and hit select music I can just browse through the memory card and grab all my ringtones. Though there is quite a delay when I first click to change music (10 seconds or so of nothing till the list of music pops up). No big deal.
    12-19-09 10:55 PM
    Is anyone else having a problems loading new themes? I can get them downloaded & installed but they don'T show up in the options/themes menu
    I am, I asked about it too but I never got a answer or a reply or any advice. So I assumed nobody else had this problem. But yeah having the exact same problem.
    12-20-09 11:18 AM
    So Birdman when is v7 coming out? Just wish RIM would give us a newer base, so you can really do some magic.
    12-20-09 11:22 AM
330 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD