what do you mean by

"- Copy all of the contents of the 8330 folder found in the download above over your 8330 fresh install."?
    12-07-09 05:21 PM
    Thank you another great job!!!!

While runnin V5, I had trackball stickin occoasionally and random reboot wen talkin on the phone fro more than 40 min.... Any1 if these issues were addressed in V6....

Thank you again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ive had this same issue , maybe it might be an issuse with sprint and the hybrid cuz i juss recently noticed the phone call reboot after long calls, have been busy this weekend so havent been on the phone but will try it out and post my findings
    12-07-09 05:45 PM
    when you install os 5.0 on your computer a folder in "program files-common files-research in motion-shared-loader files" a new folder will show up inside...when you download v6.5 there will be a folder named exactly the same so just copy that folder to the one in your comp and overwrite anything it aks..thats what it means
    12-07-09 05:48 PM
    ive had this same issue , maybe it might be an issuse with sprint and the hybrid cuz i juss recently noticed the phone call reboot after long calls, have been busy this weekend so havent been on the phone but will try it out and post my findings
    Did u have it with v5 or with the new v6.5?

Thank You
    12-07-09 06:41 PM
    I do believe this is the best hybrid to date. Media player issue is fixed (for me anyway) no memory leak. Very snappy hybrid if I say so! Maybe my phone just loves birdman but I have none of the issues a lot of u are having only bug I got is the Gb-Mb-Kb thing but who cares! Just wish RIM would make something official but I am very doubtful.

Last edited by silverbizack; 12-07-09 at 06:58 PM.
    12-07-09 06:55 PM
    when you install os 5.0 on your computer a folder in "program files-common files-research in motion-shared-loader files" a new folder will show up inside...when you download v6.5 there will be a folder named exactly the same so just copy that folder to the one in your comp and overwrite anything it aks..thats what it means
    When I downloaded v6.5 it DID have a 8330_P_3_5 something or other file just like the loader file however the file in v6.5 was just a folder that had CMDA and Java files in it. I didn't copy the folder over the original file because I was unsure being the original 8330 file was an application file that you "run". I just followed the original instructions from the tutorial site. Mine is running fine.

Thanks again to Birdman, this hybrid is wicked
    12-07-09 07:01 PM
    Sndberry glad ya got it with no issues.
    I am awaiting 7 now as I know Bird is working more wonders.
    12-07-09 07:05 PM
    Earthshaker I had the issue with v5 , I only put v6 on saturday and been busy , imma upload v6.5 later

12-07-09 07:10 PM
    i recently installed v5.0 and decided to try v6.5, i did a clean wipe with BBSAK and copied and pasted the v6.5 8330 file into the 8330 file in C: programs/common files............8330 5.0, everything went well until it booted up and everythig is in black and white on the home screen and very small, the only icons in color is setup wizard, and BBM, alot of things dont work and is basically unusable except for the phone operation.Attachment 47805 I tried to insert a pic of homescreen not sure if it worked.
    12-07-09 08:04 PM
    i recently installed v5.0 and decided to try v6.5, i did a clean wipe with BBSAK and copied and pasted the v6.5 8330 file into the 8330 file in C: programs/common files............8330 5.0, everything went well until it booted up and everythig is in black and white on the home screen and very small, the only icons in color is setup wizard, and BBM, alot of things dont work and is basically unusable except for the phone operation.Attachment 47805 I tried to insert a pic of homescreen not sure if it worked.
    Try using bbsak to push the precision zen theme on your phone, bc that your problem. No theme is loaded on your phone.

12-07-09 08:07 PM
    what should it say? mine is 5.0.0.230(355) is this correct?
    12-07-09 08:12 PM
    what should it say? mine is 5.0.0.230(355) is this correct?
    It should say 5.0.0.351(554), maybe it not just the theme anymore, I'd say reinstall the hybrid. All u have to do is unzip the 6.5 rar file then just over ride your old os folder with birdmans folder. If u like u can trim it up some more using shrink-a-os and then manually removing some other cods. I got my java folder down to 29mb before installing.

12-07-09 08:31 PM
    well IDK? i thought that was what i did, i had no problems last time with the previos version
    12-07-09 08:39 PM
    well IDK? i thought that was what i did, i had no problems last time with the previos version
    Before I install any hybrid I uninstall the os from my pc then reinstall it. Got to your shared folder then loader files, then delete everything in there then past birdmans folder (8330AMEA_v5.0.0.230_P3.5.0.30) I restart my pc then install! Sure u did the same thing but try it again and see what happens. Oh yeah still do the wipe and everything else u should do.

Last edited by silverbizack; 12-07-09 at 08:57 PM.
    12-07-09 08:50 PM
    I did not delete the os i just pasted the new one on top of it, maybe thats the problem.
    12-07-09 09:02 PM
    Is there a way to back up all your setting before a wipe? The way I see it is if I back up my phone, wipe, then install v6.5, then restore from the backup I would go right back to v6 right?

12-07-09 09:12 PM
    I did not delete the os i just pasted the new one on top of it, maybe thats the problem.
    Keep me informed pm me if u need and not that's it gonna do u much good with a busted phone but my pin is beside my pic so add me if need be I more then happy to help, nuttin worse then not having your berry!

12-07-09 09:18 PM
    Is there a way to back up all your setting before a wipe? The way I see it is if I back up my phone, wipe, then install v6.5, then restore from the backup I would go right back to v6 right?

Birdman has an excellent readme fill included with his hybrid. Us it to do your back up. And to answer your question directly. No u won't revert back to v6 by loadin your back up on your phone, that has nothing to do with the core components that u install.

12-07-09 09:21 PM
    When I download and unzip v6.5 - it shows .328 hybirds and after I copy over and install my phone shows app Version 5.0.0.328 (508) - any ideas why this is happening?
    12-07-09 09:24 PM
    silverbizack, thanks that did it! i appreciate all your help, i was about to restore to the older version it never occured to me what i was doing wrong. thanks again!
    12-07-09 09:54 PM
    if you already had a 5.0 hybrid running before updating to v6.5 ( i was running v5), is it ok to just do a full, generic restore of all data? including settings? all in one shot?

scratch that..i read the entire readme file and if i interpreted the directions correctly, i should be able to a full restore because id be restoring 5.0 settings/service books/etc. The only case for which you cannot do a full restore is for the first time you go from 4.5 to 5.0..thanks birdman.
    Last edited by RHP23; 12-07-09 at 11:25 PM. Reason: i'm an ***** and need to read.
    12-07-09 10:58 PM
    Thanks Birdman!

This hybrid is crazy fast. I have been keeping up with all of your hybrid since the first version of the 5.0 leak. You have amazing talent!
    12-07-09 11:29 PM
    Having issues with Quickpull here too. I have tried the beta version and the version from App World and still no luck after following the guide on the steelhorn site for 5.0. Any help available?
    12-07-09 11:38 PM
    I'm having issues with my berryweather radar maps. Not the built in or a custom will work. Not a huge deal since I can go find a radar in the browser....just letting ya know.

12-08-09 03:44 AM
    Overall, I like this hybrid more with each rev. However, after installing V6.5, my calendar is no longer sychronizing with Lotus Notes...yes, my employer is stuck in a time warp. DM shows the synchronizing operation as ususal and goes through the motions, but the BB calendar is never populated on the device.

Any ideas?

I'd hate to revert back to V5...I didn't even have V6 long enough to test this functionality, so I'm not sure if it's specific to 6.5 or not.

Thanks in advance
    12-08-09 07:36 AM
330 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD