Can't get iHeartradio icon to show when installed...any ideas ? Thanks.
    12-07-09 08:56 AM
    I know this, I have been doing this that long too.

There IS no sound attached. It's stripped out. Even if I send a ringtone back to myself, it simply isn't there. You can't play it if it isn't there.

ETA: It's just like the pictures were before the fix ... just not there.

Huh I have sent myself a few test mms and everything is working great. I think every BB has a mind of its own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:13 AM
    Is music through BT still disabled?
    12-07-09 09:41 AM
    Regarding the folders blowing up in size... I noticed this happens when you edit the folder or add a new one. I did not have this problem in V5. Any fix for it? Other then that... this is absolutely the best version yet! No other issues so far.

I haven't had time to look thru it with BBSAK yet, but are the Pre-Loaded ringtones and the Setup files in this build? I deleted it from my last one.
    12-07-09 10:20 AM
    I haven't had time to look thru it with BBSAK yet, but are the Pre-Loaded ringtones and the Setup files in this build?
    Shoe betcha
    12-07-09 10:35 AM
    damn i loaded v6 on saturday and there is already v6.5 !!! keep up the good work , more and more i dont feel like throwing my 8330 under ah bus
    12-07-09 10:46 AM
    Inregards to the KB, MB, & GB. It is also present here and i would say it's no big deal but can't seem to DL any files as it feels there is not enough room and the DL fails. Other than that I say great job and keep up the great work!
    12-07-09 11:19 AM
    This stuff continues to confuse me lol... if I already have 5.0 v4, does that mean I'm already running the 8330e phone?
    12-07-09 11:36 AM
    i broke down and got a twitter account

you can follow hybrid progress at Stephen Bird (mrweeeedbirdman) on Twitter
    12-07-09 11:37 AM
    This stuff continues to confuse me lol... if I already have 5.0 v4, does that mean I'm already running the 8330e phone?
    indeed it does. your good to update if you wish.
    12-07-09 11:38 AM
    indeed it does. your good to update if you wish.
    Thanks for the help man... can't wait to get out of school and try this!
    12-07-09 12:00 PM
    Having a problem with this update cant get my browser to work, the rest is amazing.
    Re downloaded, service book but I never get a icon for the browser, if I go into switch application shows icon but them comes up that I do not have any configuration in my service book.

Tried most of the post I have comes across on web and this site, Anybody any idea,s
    Starting to think it,s my service provider Sasktel that is blocking it.
    running 6.5 release.
    12-07-09 12:03 PM
    Having a problem with this update cant get my browser to work, the rest is amazing.
    Re downloaded, service book but I never get a icon for the browser, if I go into switch application shows icon but them comes up that I do not have any configuration in my service book.

Tried most of the post I have comes across on web and this site, Anybody any idea,s
    Starting to think it,s my service provider Sasktel that is blocking it.
    running 6.5 release.
    did it work in earlier hybrids?

try to restore your old service books with Desktop Manager.
    12-07-09 12:41 PM
    So if I upgrade to this v6.5 do I need to do everything over again? Wipe device, download 5.0.0.230 and then add v6.5 over it and then load it to my device? I managed to get a hybrid on my berry but most of this is still foreign to me. Thanks so much for the help

12-07-09 01:13 PM
    So if I upgrade to this v6.5 do I need to do everything over again? Wipe device, download 5.0.0.230 and then add v6.5 over it and then load it to my device? I managed to get a hybrid on my berry but most of this is still foreign to me. Thanks so much for the help

yes you do
    12-07-09 01:48 PM
    Been using the leaked 5.0.0.230 for a while, it was running great for me except there seemed to be a giant memory leak and I had to battery pull every few days or the phone would get laggy. But I dealt with it rather then going back down to 4.5 and loosing the nice features of OS 5.0

Just loaded Birdman's hybrid v6.5 and it's great! Phone seems quicker, slightly more free memory from battery pull and as far as I can tell no memory leak!

Only problem is MB reports as KB and GB reports as MB but it's not really causing any issues just seems to be a glitch when reporting.

Great job on the hybrid!

How much better can hybrids get still running off of the 5.0.0.230 base? I'd like to see a newer 5.0 leak for us 8330 owners, especially since my carrier isn't getting the Storm2 till March :S
    12-07-09 01:53 PM
    Finally have my BB customized to where I like it running OS 5.0 v6.5. I've had 2 "uncaught exceptions" while using BBM 5.0, causing my BB to freeze, but I'm not necessarily even blaming that on the hybrid.

No memory leak, and the OS runs quickly and smoothly. Not sure how 7.0 could get better, but at the same time, I won't argue when it does!
    12-07-09 02:12 PM
    Thanks birdman, if I get this loaded.....oh man I'm gonna be hooked! Really looking forward to what everyone says is fixed on this 6.5, memory leaks. The one I'm using right now, which is the very first one that came out, has a bad memory leak.
    12-07-09 02:34 PM
    Just installed and I can't find memo, tasks or maps. New at this, so any help would be much appreciated.

I figured it out. Thanks anyway.....
    Last edited by pikester; 12-07-09 at 03:30 PM.
    12-07-09 02:46 PM
    Thank you another great job!!!!

While runnin V5, I had trackball stickin occoasionally and random reboot wen talkin on the phone fro more than 40 min.... Any1 if these issues were addressed in V6....

Thank you again

12-07-09 02:59 PM
    Thank you another great job!!!!

While runnin V5, I had trackball stickin occoasionally and random reboot wen talkin on the phone fro more than 40 min.... Any1 if these issues were addressed in V6....

Thank you again

dunno about those things, ive never had my phone randomly reboot during phone calls tho, and i generally talk for 2 hours a night all at once.
    12-07-09 03:04 PM
    It worked on v6, but now it doesn't on v6.5.

Quick Pull didn't work after restoring all my applications after reloading v6.5.

I tried battery pull - not working.

Then I tried deleting, battery pull, download Quick Pull 3.6.4 from steelhorn website, system said to reboot - still not working. Deleted again and downloaded from AppWorld and still not working.

The icon is there but doesn't open the application.

Now I noticed my App World icon is missing...

Please help,
    Brian
    12-07-09 03:06 PM
    Simple solution, I've been doin this since the beginning of birdmans hybrids. To play a sound in a mms just hit the volume button on the side of your BB.

haahha how didnt it click to me..in the mms it shows sound as mute no wonder it didnt play.. as soon as i hit volume butons it said 9! wowow im so dumb lol now any sound through mms plays and everything is fine with mms now haha

only few glitches now...
    1.mb/gb
    2.media player
    3.saved sms dont display until you delete convo with that person (if talkin to jhon and you have a saved message from jhon, the saved message wont display until you delete convo with jhon)

n btw guys with fuzzy folders..i jus downloaded the precision theme for the 8530 again of Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home forums and installed that and boom back to normal
    12-07-09 03:35 PM
    I am having some issues with signal strength, ijust started with he v6 upgrade, wondering if anyone has any idea which radio file works the best, and where I might find that? Other than that, loving the hybrid!

12-07-09 04:25 PM
    Installed v6.5 this morning - running beautifully. I'm using NotifyLink on BIS for email, contacts, and task sync-ing. I also have a @bell.blackberry.net email address for the phone's native message client (useful for non-company emailing... and OTA links). Anyhow, I tried to load a pretty lean OS so SetupWizard was left out and I also tried to restore as little as possible from my v6 backup to avoid corrupting anything.

Can someone tell me which database i need to restore (using DM) to get my messaging functioning again? When I try to compose emails, i get "No message services configured. You will be redirected to the Setup Wizard...". There has to be a database with the configuration I need to get this running I just don't remember which one.

Thanks in advance.
    12-07-09 04:30 PM
330 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD