v6.5 - download
    *all known problems with v6 are fixed in v6.5

- Copy all of the contents of the 8330 folder found in the download above over your 8330 fresh install.
    - wipe your blackberry
    - launch loader.exe

*note - bbm groups might take a while to recreate after recovering, they will recover eventually tho

New features:
    - Optional vad install (in loader.exe - its a seperate program now )
    - fixed BBmaps always thinking it needed to be uninstalled (i think..)
    - .351 files
    - updated precision theme
    - optional to install the old themes
    - added klondike/THK/sudoku back to the hybrid (optional of course)

Coming soon to v7
    - .402 files

If you feel like I've done a good job, you can donate to me if you wish.
    Last edited by mrweeeedbirdman; 12-06-09 at 12:09 AM.
    12-03-09 09:47 PM
    Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for all the hard work Birdman.

P.S. - Thanks for a new thread
    12-03-09 10:22 PM
    I don't know what's better: The fact the weeed does it just cuz he can, or the fact that he's already leaking clues on v7 before the link for v6 is ready. Tip o' the hat lad.
    12-03-09 10:34 PM
    v6 - download

- Copy all of the contents of the 8330 folder found in the download above over your 8330 fresh install.
    - wipe your blackberry
    - launch loader.exe

*note - bbm groups might take a while to recreate after recovering, they will recover eventually tho

New features:
    - Optional vad install (in loader.exe - its a seperate program now )
    - fixed BBmaps always thinking it needed to be uninstalled (i think..)
    - .351 files
    - updated precision theme
    - optional to install the old themes
    - added klondike/THK/sudoku back to the hybrid (optional of course)

Coming soon to v7
    - .402 files

If you feel like I've done a good job, you can donate to me if you wish.
    Can you please explain the first part to me a little better? I've done it before I just can't remember clearly
    12-03-09 10:48 PM
    should we follow the intructions of deleting our 5.0 install folder and replacing it with this one in the download above like the readme says or just add on to our existing one like u say in ur post? cuz my fresh install one has about 551 files in 2 folders and yours in the download only has about 330...what should i do?
    12-03-09 11:00 PM
    should we follow the intructions of deleting our 5.0 install folder and replacing it with this one in the download above like the readme says or just add on to our existing one like u say in ur post? cuz my fresh install one has about 551 files in 2 folders and yours in the download only has about 330...what should i do?
    if you overwrite and dont delete, you'll still have all the languages and docs2go

if you delete and replace youll just have english (US), no docs2go (but you'll still have memo and tasks)

basically mine (alone) is just slimmed down.
    12-03-09 11:29 PM
    ok thnx! im loading it as we speak now!!
    12-03-09 11:47 PM
    I'm just waiting for it to boot up.

Question though. How do I install the games? Through BBSak?

edit: edit: Well first reboot only took about 15 minutes to complete. The previous versions would take me somewhere around 30 to 40 minutes.

I've only played with it for about 10 minutes now, but so far it feels a lot quicker. I like the updated theme.

I think I found a glitch though. In memory it says I have 44.1KB free in application memory. And in media card memory it says I have 1.8 MB free. In the old versions it used to say i had 1.8 GB free (which is correct). So in short it is basically reporting one unit smaller than is correct.

The status page in options is reporting the correct amount of free memory 44.1 MB
    Last edited by mxrider; 12-04-09 at 12:28 AM.
    12-03-09 11:51 PM
    Has anyone tried to install Facebook? I tried installing it and its giving me the uncaught exception
    12-04-09 12:50 AM
    MMS doesn't work.
    12-04-09 12:53 AM
    Has anyone tried to install Facebook? I tried installing it and its giving me the uncaught exception
    Worked for me.
    12-04-09 12:54 AM
    Thanks Birdman been waiting for this one and now I anticipate V7!!!!!!............... Keep doing your thang.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 05:00 AM
    I also have the memory glitch. Says I have 34 kb free under memory but if I look under status it says I have 34mb free. Scared me at first but my phone is running very fast.

12-04-09 09:03 AM
    Is anyone else having the MMS problem?
    12-04-09 09:12 AM
    I sent a test mms to myself and it worked.

12-04-09 09:30 AM
    is vznavigator working? i have been experience issues on v4 and v5
    12-04-09 09:35 AM
    I'm not sure about navigator but I did just find out that app world is now working. That's pretty nice!

12-04-09 09:43 AM
    Install seems much quicker and the first reboot is definitely much quicker!! Cant wait to start using V6!!
    12-04-09 10:06 AM
    I installed v6 last night! it installed pretty fast and booted up in like 25 mins for me! my mms doesn't work and i notice that it say mb instead of gb for my memory card! facebook and google maps installed over OTA just fine!
    12-04-09 10:29 AM
    Will it work with a 8330m?

12-04-09 11:19 AM
    Will it work with a 8330m?

Nope, it will not work on 8330m
    12-04-09 11:35 AM
    no sorry it will not work wit 8330m

and same ive experienced exactly the same probs as many users running v6
    mms do work (they at least send) but u cant see pictures being sent so guess it doesnt work

the mb/gb glitch is there ive noticed

media player glitch still there..stll have to press play/pause after selecting new song

But other than that my phone seems snappier and clock put in to LCD digital now dispolays correctly and doest get cutt off..also rolling throught pics is way faster now and ya jus those 3 glitches and it would be perfect!!

help us out birdman!!
    12-04-09 11:38 AM
    Looks like my mms isn't working eithere

12-04-09 12:46 PM
    Thank You Birdman! It seems snappier and the pics rotate faster on my sdcard. The install was much faster than previous versions. I can send MMS as normal as well. I deleted 5.0 from my computer, did a fresh install and wiped my BB. Thanks again...you rock!

12-04-09 12:55 PM
    long loading bar now. it seems like its taking forever. i hate this part.
    12-04-09 01:44 PM
330 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD