OK, this bug ties into the previous Call Log and Call History databases bug where if you mess with the Call Log entries, you lose the ability to hit Menu and have the menu come up while highlighting an entry in the Phone app's Call Log.

The big bug now is that by default the Call Log database will only keep entries for 30 days. (It's actually always been like this and there's no way to change that.) The issue is that the Call History database keep entries Forever if your Message History is set to Forever. When this happenes, any entries in the Phone app's Call Log (pulls from Call History database) view that doesn't have a corresponding entry in the Call Log database due to the 30 day limit will not allow you to hit Menu on the entry.

THIS IS A VERY BIG BUG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!!!!!

There needs to be a two-fold fix. One is to put the same 30 day limit on the Call History database as the Call Log database (if RIM plans on leaving the limit in place for the Call Log database). And they need to fix the issue where if there's a missing entry in the Call Log database the Menu doesn't show when the corresponding entry is selected in the Phone app's Call Log (which is the Call History database).
    12-23-09 02:41 AM
    About time rim employed you isn't it? :-) (I'm only half kidding)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 02:48 AM
    Nobody cares when there is an outage. RIM has an entire network to try and fix. They are not listening to you.
    12-23-09 03:01 AM
    About time rim employed you isn't it? :-) (I'm only half kidding)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol, I think I'm probably going to leave the Blackberry platform because of these kinds of bugs. I'm tired of tracking them down and not seeing them fixed for several builds, while I'm stuck dealing with them. For someone's that super maticulous about how stuff functions and whatnot, it's seriously driving me nuts.
    12-23-09 10:39 AM
    lol, I think I'm probably going to leave the Blackberry platform because of these kinds of bugs. I'm tired of tracking them down and not seeing them fixed for several builds, while I'm stuck dealing with them. For someone's that super maticulous about how stuff functions and whatnot, it's seriously driving me nuts.
    your not alone here
    12-23-09 10:56 AM
    This is an annoying bug. BTW, do you report these to RIM, or do you just post them here?
    12-23-09 12:19 PM
    Alot of people on Verizon bought the S1 last year, all thinking it was a great phone that woould give them that iPhone experence. Alot of people may never buy another BlackBerry because of it...

Have you seen what they are doing with the NEXUS ONE

-Hardware Specs Blows the S2 away (processor is twice as fast, twice as much RAM and Wi-Fi is N vs G)
    -OS seems to be very smooth and because of its more open format it will have thousands of applications that will work.
    -Browser is super fast and looks great and is easy to read on the screen (one of my biggest S1 complaints is the VERY slow Browser)
    -You want cooler transitions, the Video Background is just iCandy.
    12-23-09 12:47 PM
    Alot of people on Verizon bought the S1 last year, all thinking it was a great phone that woould give them that iPhone experence. Alot of people may never buy another BlackBerry because of it...

Have you seen what they are doing with the NEXUS ONE

-Hardware Specs Blows the S2 away (processor is twice as fast, twice as much RAM and Wi-Fi is N vs G)
    -OS seems to be very smooth and because of its more open format it will have thousands of applications that will work.
    -Browser is super fast and looks great and is easy to read on the screen (one of my biggest S1 complaints is the VERY slow Browser)
    -You want cooler transitions, the Video Background is just iCandy.
    The issue with this bug is that it's within the OS/App core, meaning the S2 has this bug as well. It's not limited just to the S1, in case you were thinking that... fact is, it's probably affecting other BBs under these OS5 versions, people just haven't noticed it yet.

As for the Nexus One, yes... I know all about it and 2.1OS version. Looks good, but it won't do me any good if it's not on Verizon. I need my coverage and V unfortuntately is my only real option in my opinion. What I need is V to get a Nexus One like phone and I need Google to update Android to support ALL the current ActiveSync policies. Once that happens, bye bye Blackberry.

Honestly, the ActiveSync policy thing isn't even a major need at the moment. I just need the first part of my requirement fulfilled.... i.e. the form factor.
    12-23-09 03:30 PM
    What I need is V to get a Nexus One like phone and I need Google to update Android to support ALL the current ActiveSync policies. Once that happens, bye bye Blackberry.
    I'll be standing right next to you in line to get it...
    12-23-09 04:08 PM
    Dang...back of the line again Nevertheless, in the same line.
    12-23-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD