I cannot utilize my job's Cisco systems page either on .93, so no wifi@ work. It won't click the "accept". That's my only issue with this OS, however EDGE is plenty fast enough and holds steady for the time I use my browser @ work. It picks up my home router quickly. I am hoping the next upgrade fixes this issue as this is the first OS I've encountered that problem with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, I saw someone post the same exact issue as us the other day, but I just said downgrade, unfortunately the building I'm in at school is too thick to get a good EDGE signal. How do you downgrade, I deleted the .93 from my computer and only have .239 installed but no luck.
    05-26-09 09:35 PM
    I used .93 for about 2 weeks or so. I really enjoy some of the new 5.0 features but I downgraded to .238 and i'm happier with the no crashes, all my apps working and better battery life. I do hope a new 5.0 gets leaked soon though
    ditto but on .206
    05-26-09 10:12 PM
    I was thinking that the upcoming Facebook 1.6 should be compatible with OS5. Let's wait and see.
    05-26-09 10:27 PM
    Does Google Sync work for you guys after installing this OS? Mine doesnt work nor does it let me download it.
    Wrks for me
    05-26-09 10:48 PM
    I really do love 5.0.0.93 buuuuut the crashes and cant use my fav apps and UMA problems and oh yeah video camera and camera crashes soo bad it freeze my whole phone.. So im going to downgrade to the ATT .231 i think it is OS and wait for a new OS to be release..
    *scratches head* I haven't experienced any of the above problems...did an upgrade on mine to .93 and the camera works fine, wifi works fine, all my apps work...it's crashed on me twice and I haven't had to do any battery pulls. And battery life is quite good.

Weird how people with the same phone can have such different experiences.
    05-27-09 02:57 AM
    heey guys

mine is 4.6.1.168

id love to upgrade any suggestions ? and will that affect my phone apps???

please help needed
    05-27-09 03:02 AM
    The only problem ive had is not being able to see BB maps, its says its loaded but i cant find it anywhere
    05-27-09 03:04 AM
    Yeah, I saw someone post the same exact issue as us the other day, but I just said downgrade, unfortunately the building I'm in at school is too thick to get a good EDGE signal. How do you downgrade, I deleted the .93 from my computer and only have .239 installed but no luck.
    Hi, I'm sorry, I can't help u with a downgrade. I've never done that and I have no problems with .93 beyond the Cisco issue. All the apps I use work great, no reboots and battery life is good. Wifi connects flawlessly with home router, so its def cisco and .93 not liking each other. I will stick with .93 and hope next upgrade fixes the issue.

05-27-09 07:35 AM
    upgraded to .93 from 231 no problems its great, i dont know what the fuss is about, hopefully facebook 1.6 will work with it, i didnt use msn much anyway! googlemaps and everything else working fine.
    05-27-09 08:43 AM
    Has anyone noticed a large font size for any emails that come through from GMail users?
    It's actually only when the sender's font is Times New Roman size 12.

I suppose "Get Plain Text" is the best option to make it smaller, the only problem being links.

Cheers
    Ken
    Last edited by kgr; 05-27-09 at 10:57 AM.
    05-27-09 10:43 AM
    Anyone successfully tethered on 93 with TMO? I just tried today and, while it worked on 4.6, it wouldn't work today...
    05-28-09 02:26 AM
    I had deleted my last post.. i mean .93 isnt so bad.. i just have some camera lagg and cant use myspace or facebook.. but other then that .93 is good im going to update back to .93 right now

EDIT:

Do anyone wipe they phone then update? because i had try just updating from 4.6 to 5.0 and i got a 5.0 or something erro on my screen saying reset and when the blackberry status bar got full it just had sit there.. so i had run crackem and had to wipe then install fresh..
    Last edited by YoungAceAtlanta; 05-28-09 at 03:51 AM.
    05-28-09 03:07 AM
    so while trying to read through every page of this post (i gave up at page 19) did anyone notice any major performance changes in the .90 to .93 upgrade?
    05-28-09 03:36 AM
    Fewer reboots. That's the biggest thing I've noticed.

05-28-09 09:19 AM
    Has anyone seen this review yet? The guy has screenshots of the OS and claims that the browser is much improved.

developerlife.com/reviews/?p=383
    05-28-09 10:08 AM
    well, after staying up most of the night comparing the two, i agree, fewer reboots and much faster than the 4.6.1.XXX experience. I'm a big fan so far, i'll keep testing it out. I do wish facebook would work though.
    05-28-09 12:27 PM
    I had deleted my last post.. i mean .93 isnt so bad.. i just have some camera lagg and cant use myspace or facebook.. but other then that .93 is good im going to update back to .93 right now

EDIT:

Do anyone wipe they phone then update? because i had try just updating from 4.6 to 5.0 and i got a 5.0 or something erro on my screen saying reset and when the blackberry status bar got full it just had sit there.. so i had run crackem and had to wipe then install fresh..
    Going from 4.6.xxx to 5.0.0.93 and then back to 4.6.231 I didn't wipe it clean.
    05-28-09 01:08 PM
    i'm dropping back to 4.6.1.353. I've had 2 magical reboots within the last 24 hours. Also, had a few difficulties with UMA. It would say I had UMA and then would drop to EDGE as soon as the call was connected. Not sure why. Between that and the loss of a few 3rd Party Apps, I just can't justify a cool load bar and scrolling pictures. But Looking forward to the Official release!
    05-29-09 02:31 AM
    everytime i try to download aim it doesnt meat the requirements and i tried sites and i cant get appworld thing same issue tried installing threw desktop too even beejive and ramble give me errors at least ramble installed unlike the others i got a invalid url parameter with it thoe funny thing it shows aim in the advanced application section but its not in the phone anywhere i want to install 231 but it turns off my phone apploader does sumthin to it that no other apploader does ill try downloadin it again
    05-29-09 04:34 AM
    Cannot install facebook app on 5.0 :-(
    05-29-09 01:22 PM
    Nope you cant....That shouldn't be a surprise...however.
    05-29-09 02:27 PM
    yeah, rumor is that the facebook 1.6 release will work with os 5.0, but we'll have to wait to see.
    05-29-09 03:11 PM
    I was just able to download app world on .93!!!!

Just an FYI

05-29-09 08:54 PM
    I was just able to download app world on .93!!!!

Just an FYI

Yeah but try to make a purchase good for the free stuff tho!

05-29-09 08:55 PM
    Oh.....LOL I only DL the free stuff..... Hehehehe

05-29-09 09:40 PM
625 ... 22232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD