Hi everyone on CB. I'm looking for a new OS to install on my 9900.

I'm on 7.1.0.342 and I was wondering if there's something better than this version.
    7.1.0.342 isn't bad, but sometimes Memory Leak happens way too fast.

Suggestions?

What matters to me the most is battery life and low-rate memory leak .

Thanks in advance
    09-09-12 06:34 AM
    7.1.0.342 is an absolutely terrible version and most networks (all the UK ones) have that as their latest version.

We are now up to 7.1.0.642 but its was a leak and pretty terrible also.

For reliability you want to stick with 7.1.0.523 or 7.1.0.569

Both have been good releases.

Or have a look at the Hybrid Threads if you feel adventurous.
    09-09-12 10:17 AM
    Same here in Italy. This is the latest official version from my Carrier :/

I'll give the OS's you suggested a try What's battery life and Memory Leak like?
    Bruno.
    09-11-12 08:15 AM
    Same here in Italy. This is the latest official version from my Carrier :/

I'll give the OS's you suggested a try What's battery life and Memory Leak like?
    Bruno.
    In the official OS battery will get you through a day depending on usage/coverage/settings etc and MDR would be around 5-10 again depending on a whole lot of things like usage etc.

As far as the hybrid OS is concerned the latest one that i am using lasts more than a day with more and sufficient juice left and the MDR has never seen 1% till date.

If you wish to try it the link it is there below my signature, it is an epic thread but you will get the crux of it in a few pages and many people will be there to assist in case you have any questions !!!!!
    09-12-12 08:59 AM
    I would love to know how to download this hybrid to get my battery life to last more than a 3-4 hours. I have the latest update from Sprint
    09-13-12 10:10 AM
    I would love to know how to download this hybrid to get my battery life to last more than a 3-4 hours. I have the latest update from Sprint
    It is just as simple as it is downloading an Official OS, just a few more additional steps.

Download an Official or leaked base OS which is either 7.1.0.523 or higher.
    Download the RC5b patch from the first page of that thread and keep it on your computer(link to the thread is below my signature)
    Copy paste the contents of the Java folder into the java of the official and likewise to the UMTS folder and alx files. ( these would be found in the loader file)

You are good to go.

Would request you to post in the relevent thread and you would get quick answers from the community. The link is below my signature.
    09-13-12 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD