whats the best tour hybrid right now? cause i just installed irtehun newest hybrid from BBHybrids Forums - BBHybrids - Home and its kind of garbage ( unless i did it wrong, i installed 530 on my phone then i installed the hybrid on my computer and then i installed in on my phone), its 530 based and i thought they would of fixed it up since it was a hybrid but it still has the holster bug and the multiclick link bug, im basicly looking for an all around best everything 5.0 os hybrid
    03-16-10 11:04 AM
    The holster reboot is an inherent problem with the .530 radio and the browser link bug is present in .5xx browsers. Unfortunately even the magic of hybrids can't fix these core os flaws. Sounds like the best thing for you would be a .484 based hybrid with .4xx browser files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 11:14 AM
    I've several Hybrids from Irtehun, all good- but lately , some excellent ones have been coming from Driphter at driphter.com. I usually am 1 release behind - let others work out the issues- right now I'm using the 419 based 8.1 hybrid which is a mix of several. I'm still monitoring the testing going on with v. 9

Best
    03-16-10 11:29 AM
    I've several Hybrids from Irtehun, all good- but lately , some excellent ones have been coming from Driphter at driphter.com. I usually am 1 release behind - let others work out the issues- right now I'm using the 419 based 8.1 hybrid which is a mix of several. I'm still monitoring the testing going on with v. 9

Best
    well i downloaded the newest one off that website everythings good and all but the only problem is my voicenote app is still gone?
    03-17-10 12:41 AM
    well i downloaded the newest one off that website everythings good and all but the only problem is my voicenote app is still gone?
    Could it be that you had a check mark in the app button for voice note when you used Shrink-my-os?
    03-19-10 12:44 AM
    ( unless i did it wrong, i installed 530 on my phone then i installed the hybrid on my computer and then i installed in on my phone)
    When you install a new hybrid, you install the OS on your computer, then install the hybrid which makes changes to your OS that you have installed on your PC, then install it to your phone. You might not have it installed completely on your phone,,probably just running OS .530. I always wipe the phone first (after doing a back up first) with BBSAK to make sure none of the previous OS is remaining on my phone. Hope that helps, there are a lot of good hybrids out there right now, just a matter of what you want.
    03-19-10 10:11 AM
    ...but lately , some excellent ones have been coming from Driphter at driphter.com...

LMFAO!!! Define "excellent" please?

You want real hybrids with no "patches", "stability enhancers"....or gimmicks? Go HERE

I got an email the other day saying that driphter's newest had "stability enhancers" added. WTF is a "stability enhancer" anyway? . Java modules are Java modules. "Stability enhancer" is just a made up word....car salesman 101.
    03-19-10 01:19 PM
    LMFAO!!! Define "excellent" please?

You want real hybrids with no "patches", "stability enhancers"....or gimmicks? Go HERE

I got an email the other day saying that driphter's newest had "stability enhancers" added. WTF is a "stability enhancer" anyway? . Java modules are Java modules. "Stability enhancer" is just a made up word....car salesman 101.
    u must be losing a lot because of driphter if u have to advertise ur work, huh?
    03-19-10 01:37 PM
    For the record 1_2 MaNy is a very knowledgeable hybrid builder and has been doing this for a long time. His builds are solid and I respect him more than he knows or thinks.

Regardless of how much he or anyone else picks on me or trashes my reputation . . . I'm ok with it. My work speaks for itself. And for the doubters . . . send me a PM and I can explain every single file swap I do and why I do it. Heck I teach it in my intro to Hybrid building classes @ driphter.com. Sign up for the next class and learn for yourself!

1_2 is an old friend and again, for the record, I had invited him to be a part of driphter.com before the site was even started. He said ok and then a few days later said he decided against it. His reason was that he didn't want to be in anyone else's shadow and that we were both alpha dogs so staying separate would keep us friends. I respected his decision. That's what friends do . . . I was disappointed, but I understood what he was saying.

I wish things were different, but the only way the other 9630 builders will be happy with me is if I shut down driphter.com and THAT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. I will continue to post my work there exclusively as a thank you to the 700+ people who have joined us in the past 45 days.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and my work. To those who don't like me . . . I am ok with it, really . . . it's just a blackberry and these sites are just a hobby. If only we all took our jobs as serious as some seem to take this internet stuff . . . . my goodness!

So there it is and I'll leave it at that. Thanks again to everyone who supports me and the site. See you guys in the forums
    03-19-10 03:11 PM
    You can't go wrong if you're surfing driphter.com or bbhybrids.net. The best hybrid building expertise I've seen lives on these websites. Driphter, the cigar smoking, hybrid building legend has some awesome builds and shares his hybrid building knowledge so that we are all better for it. I'm the recipient of many of his builds and if you have a problem with a hybrid (even if it's not his hybrid or even if you didn't load it correctly and it's user error not his fault) he will help you.
    If I had to give some advice it would be to help these hybrid builders perfect future hybrids by good positive feedback about what's working and not working and then donate donate donate. Hybrid users benefit from other's hard work and it's free but these builder's appreciate some money time and again to help them out. Sort of like starving artists.
    03-19-10 05:01 PM
    i joined driphter website recently and its awesome. been using bbhybrids and driphter hyrbrids...both awesome...but driphter hybrids seem to run better on my tour...i recommend both...and no im not a VIP nor am i getting paid by anyone...just sharing my honest .02 cents =] i really like driphter dv7.0 and 7.1
    03-19-10 10:27 PM
    Driphter.com is an awesome place for newbies to learn and advanced users to tweak. I'm running 7.0 right now and my reboot times are about 2 minutes and 45 seconds, imagine that.
    03-21-10 10:49 AM
    My only complaint is that hybrids are popping up everyday and getting better and better lol. I cant keep up... But because of these two hybrid builders, I have learned a lot that I did not know a few months ago, when I was reluctant to install leaked, or let alone, a hybrid.

Keep up the awesome work guys....
    03-21-10 11:43 AM
    The only problem with hybrids in general is that there is no real support if you want to stick with one for awhile and along with that is you don't know the long term effects of most hybrids since people only keep them on for weeks at a time (usually). So if you're the kind of person who just wants to install and leave it alone an official release is best.
    03-21-10 12:49 PM
    I can only speak for myself---a long-time BB user, owner of the VZW Tour 9630 since release day, and brand-new leaked OS/hybrid user.

I was getting bored with VZW's "official" OS, so I did a lot of reading and decided to try a leaked OS with a hybrid. I went to both BBHybrids.com and Dripher.com and did more reading.

As a newbie to the hybrid thing, I found Driphter's site easier to navigate and understand, and it was filled with tutorials, FAQs, and lots of help. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Right now I'm running Driphter's Dv8.2 (with the .419 OS) and I'm loving it. Not a knock on BBHybrids.com at all---I have a lot of respect for anyone who does hybrids---just my personal experience.

I would visit both sites and decide for yourself, I'm not sure that there is a "best" because that's based on your personal needs. I was looking for something with the least amount of OS-based bugs and I'm loving Driphter's Dv8.2.

Have fun with it and know that you can just about always recover from a mistake.

P.S. In response to Calisoldier83, I don't think that I'll be changing my hybrid OS too soon, this is something that I'll be sticking with until VZW officially releases the 5.0 OS and others have had time to play with it for awhile. My desire for a hybrid was based on wanting a better OS, not wanting to update my OS on a frequent basis. However, you're correct about most people updating their hybrids frequently; I guess it's a hobby for them.
    Last edited by mededitor; 03-22-10 at 01:21 AM.
    03-21-10 02:19 PM
    However, you're correct about most people updating their hybrids frequently; I guess it's a hobby for them.
    I agree that there are a lot of great builders out there and I've never seen or used a bad hybrid. I do disagree with this statement though... installing new hybrids, what seems like every two or three days, is not a hobby...it's an ADDICTION!!! LOL. I know what you mean though,,, if you like your current version hybrid, hang on to it. I was sad to take off DV5.1 because it was great!
    03-21-10 05:26 PM
    I do disagree with this statement though... installing new hybrids, what seems like every two or three days, is not a hobby...it's an ADDICTION!!! LOL.
    olemil, you are, of course, correct---it is an addiction.

I don't know what got in to me calling anything that has to do with BB a "hobby," it is definitely an addiction.

I love my .419 with Dv8.2. The only glitch I'm playing with is BT connection. I can pair my BT devices, but I have to do a manual connect. Not a big deal, I assigned BT configuration to my right convenience key, but I guess I am addicted...I'm looking for a fix, I need a fix!
    Last edited by mededitor; 03-22-10 at 01:28 AM.
    03-21-10 06:32 PM
    I found my bluetooth fix. It turned out to be pretty simple after I did some exploring and researching different forums.

I used BBSAK and deleted the net_rim_bluetooth.cod from my system and did a battery pull. I then reloaded net_rim_bluetooth.com via BBSAK and did another battery pull.

Once everything was up and running, I paired my BT devices (earpiece and speaker for car) with my Tour and they're all working perfectly. Apparently, this doesn't fix the issue for everyone, but fortunately it did for me. It seems to be related to OS5 and not to the actual hybrids, at least that's what I've been finding because Sprint people running their official OS5 sometimes have the same problem.

Addicted? Who's addicted?
    03-22-10 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD