10-13-12 10:08 AM
431 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    oh..

first i should install the base os. i downloaded version 6.0 bundle 2115 480 by ingram india from bb site.

so now i should install it and all the folders that are missing should appear. then i should follow the steps above ?

sorry for everything i am new and this is all very confusing for me.

thanks for effort and time
    01-15-12 10:24 AM
    yes you must install the base os first. If the os you are installing is not from your carrier then you must also delete the vendor.xml files...if it is from your carrier then dont worry about the vendor files. once you have the base os installed delete the entire contents of the folder and install berrylicious v6 into that folder. the installer will prompt you for your device model and location to be installed. once that completes run loader.exe.

Make sure you backup ur apps/device data before installing a new os/hybrid os. also it is a good idea to wipe your device before installing a new os. You can use BBSAK(Blackberry swiss army knife) or JLCMDR or VNBBUTILS....BBSAK is wat I use most of the time. Run the app with ur bb connected and find wipe device....NOT factory reset.....wipe device is all you want to do....once complete ur device will reboot...during the boot process you will be presented with a white screen reading "error 507 no operating system found", this is when you start to install the new os/hybrid using loader.exe

Good luck
    01-15-12 10:29 AM
    inside the shared folder there is no folder named loader files...

here are 2 screen shots i just took:

By fastoutput at 2012-01-15

By fastoutput at 2012-01-15
    01-15-12 10:32 AM
    install your base os and check after installation is complete...then loader.exe will show
    01-15-12 10:33 AM
    is wiping the device important ? my bb is suffering from the endless looping problem after i installed an app called quickpull and now my device keeps getting restarting again and again. so dont know how to do a wipe. other wise rest i understood.

thanks
    01-15-12 10:51 AM
    I believe the wipe is critical. It allows you to start fresh...just like reformatting a computer. Download Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and wipe ur device with that software...if when you run the software it says device not connected or cannot be found, open ur task manager and end the process BbDevMgr.exe and then reconnect with bbsak. Its a pretty easy process to wipe your device. Just make sure you BACKUP ur data first...BBSAK also has a feature to backup your apps!

Good luck.
    01-15-12 10:57 AM
    Hey... Thx for all the help. Just finished the installation of the hybrid OS and it is really fast and takes really less space. Now I can get more apps on my BB.

I need one final piece of advice. Reinstalling ipd file and mybbpin.alx file.

If I reinstall the ipd file what will I really reinstall ? Will it conflict with the new OS ?
    Should I simply reinstall it.

The mybbpin.alx folder which contains all the .cod files and a single mybbpin.alx file that folder also contains many .cods which I don't know what means. Does that folder contain only third party apps and I should install everything or is there anything that will conflict with the new OS ? Should I simply go ahead. There is nothing to worry.

Thanks again for your help. Feels gr8 and relieved.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 02:22 PM
    My signal down when battery is 8-9% : Confuso:

thx
    Me too
    01-15-12 04:48 PM
    done.. works faster than my friends bold 3 and even when i have installed more apps than he has my internal memory shows more empty space than his.. its gr8.
    01-17-12 06:35 AM
    I please need some help: how do I install the hybrid to my device? I downloaded from the link called GSM 9300/9700/9780/9800. Now do I have to install the original OS to my pc and then follow the instructions in the first post of this topic, or do I install it like any other OS thru Loader.exe? Thanks.
    01-17-12 07:40 AM
    I please need some help: how do I install the hybrid to my device? I downloaded from the link called GSM 9300/9700/9780/9800. Now do I have to install the original OS to my pc and then follow the instructions in the first post of this topic, or do I install it like any other OS thru Loader.exe? Thanks.
    1. Install base OS (I recommend the .706)
    2. DO NOT delete files inside the base OS.
    3. Copy and paste everything from the java folder from berrylicious VI into the java folder for the base os, agree to overwite/replace all files.
    4. To still have lots of memory left, I recommend you use BB Boss to shrink the OS.
    5.Start the application loading process as usual.

*NOTE* I recommend a full device wipe first, but back up your data first through the desktop manager.
    mystic84 likes this.
    01-17-12 08:54 AM
    Follow the instructions from the first post.
    01-17-12 09:27 AM
    Okay, okay. Thanks. Just another question. My carrier is Vodafone Italy and on my device it's now installed the 6.0.0.480 firmware, which my BB came with. Do I have to install on my pc the 6.0.0.480 firmware from Vodafone Italy, or an unspecific 6.0 firmware is enuff? Thanks again.
    01-17-12 09:47 AM
    Anyone? I'm waiting for a reply to install it...!
    01-17-12 03:31 PM
    3. Copy and paste everything from the java folder from berrylicious VI into the java folder for the base os, agree to overwite/replace all files.
    4. To still have lots of memory left, I recommend you use BB Boss to shrink the OS.

*NOTE* I recommend a full device wipe first, but back up your data first through the desktop manager.
    Man I guess you were really lucky doing that, because I tried installing the hybrid without deleting files inside the OS. As result, once installed the hybrid, the device was slow as . I was gonna wipe it again and then install the original OS back again. Before doing it I decided to give this hybrid another chance: I unistalled it from my pc, deleted all files inside the OS folder (there were both hybrid and base OS files), reinstalld the hybrid inside the folder I'd just emptied. Then I loaded the hybrid to my phone and WOW! It's really crazy!

Just one question: the hybrid theme is badass, but I'd just like it be a little "bigger" on my display. Is that possible?
    01-17-12 06:31 PM

This is exactly how you're NOT supposed to do it. You HAVE to delete the files inside the base OS and install the hybrid files IN that empty folder.
    01-17-12 09:36 PM
    Once installed a hybrid, are there any apps one can install? How can one manage that?
    01-18-12 07:39 AM
    This is exactly how you're NOT supposed to do it. You HAVE to delete the files inside the base OS and install the hybrid files IN that empty folder.
    Uhm actually it can save you a lot of confusion and headaches. You have no missing files and you can shrink out whatever you don't want/need.

01-18-12 12:26 PM
    CrackBerryDoctor
    Uhm actually it can save you a lot of confusion and headaches. You have no missing files and you can shrink out whatever you don't want/need.
    So my procedure is correct?
    01-18-12 12:42 PM
    Nope, I guess you have to delete every file in the base OS folder, then you can install the hybrid INSIDE that folder. Once done all this, you can load the hybrid on your BB
    01-18-12 01:36 PM
    great hybrid
    thanks alot but i have a request
    can u put steps on how to shrink out a language and use it or even back it up for later hybrids that will keep people from asking u about languages

thanks
    Last edited by Ahmad1; 01-18-12 at 03:57 PM.
    01-18-12 03:51 PM
    Hey, great hybrid!

Anyways the universal search does not work on the BL_Series_F theme. It works on the default however.

Any chance to have this fixed as I love this theme!
    01-18-12 05:19 PM
    Ditto on the Universal Search problem on BL_Series_F Lovew the theme but uninstalled it because of this.
    01-19-12 09:05 AM
    still waiting BL Hybrids for 9790 please guys hurry up
    01-19-12 09:50 PM
    I installed this on my bold 9700. Evething is fine, except of two glitches. The custom theme does not show up the founded entries after searching smthing. Second one, the browser has connection bugs sometimes. A messege occurs which says that there is no connection to mobile service bla bla. This happens while streaming vids on youtube. Anyone else with that prob?

I like the docs2go 3.0. Now i can open and read pdf files its a winner app

01-20-12 01:05 PM
431 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD