tells me download failed - invalid COD hmm

got a system read attached (of the vad files installed)
    Last edited by rYugen; 10-17-11 at 02:26 AM.
    10-17-11 02:19 AM
    Anyone seeing a "glitch", when viewing pictures? Basically as I'm scrolling through a picture and delete it, it will still show. I have to slide to the next picture for it to disappear, but when I slide, it skips a picture.

9800 + BLv5 + .666sfi
    Last edited by Aacidusx; 10-17-11 at 09:35 PM.
    10-17-11 08:41 PM
    tells me download failed - invalid COD hmm

got a system read attached (of the vad files installed)

Removed cods were not 600 modules, all were 666 or 650 that's why you had the version mismatch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 12:37 AM
    Anyone seeing a "glitch", when viewing pictures? Basically as I'm scrolling through a picture and delete it, it will still show. I have to slide to the next picture for it to disappear, but when I slide, it skips a picture.

9800 + BLv5 + .666sfi

BL5.5 is most updated to work better with the 666 sfi, plus the 440 patch

Aacidus likes this.
    10-18-11 12:38 AM

9800 + BLv5 + .666sfi
    That's an os6 bug not the hybrid, I've seen it in .534 and .600

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 01:33 AM
    Zoc im using BL V5.5 on my 9700 with 668 SFI & the 440 patch. Everything runs great except for the fact that when im running IMO IM app my battery runs down like its in a 100 meter dash. Same as with IM+ lite. Is this due a issue with the messenger apps or why? Before when i use to run IM+ all was fine but since several months only this came up & swithed to IMO but still same problem.
    10-18-11 06:34 AM
    BL5.5 is most updated to work better with the 666 sfi, plus the 440 patch

Was kind of skeptical, since it was mentioned that it was an OS 6 bug, in some versions.
    Anyway, updated everything and pictures delete immediately. I did have some issues restoring from a backup, but all is well.

Thanks.
    10-18-11 08:07 AM
    Another fantastic Hybrid. I gave the stock .668 a whirl, but had memory problems, so-so battery life and error's upon restarting.

So I am back to Berrylicious 5.5 and once again a happy CrackBerry abuser!

Frank

Guatiao likes this.
    10-18-11 11:09 AM
    Removed all 600 Cods for VAD and installed the 666 from the removed package - workin fine now
    10-18-11 01:22 PM
    I loaded this hybrid successfully and general performance is ok but I'm still having the same low memory alert on the browser and eventually exiting. I was having this low memory when I upgraded to official OS6. Pls somebody recommend a solution for me.

10-18-11 02:45 PM
    I loaded this hybrid successfully and general performance is ok but I'm still having the same low memory alert on the browser and eventually exiting. I was having this low memory when I upgraded to official OS6. Pls somebody recommend a solution for me.

What device? And a hybrid can only do so much, not a fix to a poorly designed site that is not mobile friendly.

10-18-11 06:19 PM
    Hi guys, i just installed this hybrid on my 9700, first time using a hybrid so i have a couple of questions, i noticed that i can not choose the networks manually or i dont have the option anymore of Wan preffered.

also is there a way to add visual voice mail? i know i read it somewhere but cannot find it anymore, thanks this is awesome my phone never had more than 18 mb free after a reboot with the official bb6 os from att, and now it 70mb + free!!!
    10-18-11 06:49 PM
    Hi guys, i just installed this hybrid on my 9700, first time using a hybrid so i have a couple of questions, i noticed that i can not choose the networks manually or i dont have the option anymore of Wan preffered.

also is there a way to add visual voice mail? i know i read it somewhere but cannot find it anymore, thanks this is awesome my phone never had more than 18 mb free after a reboot with the official bb6 os from att, and now it 70mb + free!!!
    I believe the option of WAN preferred, Wifi only, etc... also known as the Connection Preference is when UMA/GAN is enabled. You're not gonna need it since AT&T does not have that implemented within their infrastructure. Only T-Mobile offers that in the states.
    You might've had the certificates before and as of DM 6.0+ they don't copy over.

As for manually selecting a network, no clue. Maybe try a couple of more battery pulls?

For VVM (Visual Voicemail), download from the link named 'LINK MULTIUPLOAD' in the very 1st post. That has files that were removed to shrink the OS.
    Use the Apploader for it. Or just inject the contents from the Java folder for VVM with BBSAK.
    Last edited by Aacidusx; 10-18-11 at 08:01 PM.
    zocster likes this.
    10-18-11 07:22 PM
    What device? And a hybrid can only do so much, not a fix to a poorly designed site that is not mobile friendly.

My device is Blackberry Bold 9700. Pls recommend a solution for me.

10-19-11 12:13 AM
    My device is Blackberry Bold 9700. Pls recommend a solution for me.

Two solutions to your problem, either don't use them sites on your device, or simply upgrade to a device with more internal memory. Like zoc said, his hybrids may be good but there are limitations as to what a device can actually render depending upon its processor and available memory

10-19-11 02:38 AM

What site are you trying to access? Have you checked if they offer a mobile version? The site might be too resource intensive for OS6 on your Blackberry model.

How about using a different browser like Opera Mini browser? It already compresses the data before it arrives on your device, and has an option to compress images. It's worth a shot.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers
    10-19-11 05:14 AM
    What site are you trying to access? Have you checked if they offer a mobile version? The site might be too resource intensive for OS6 on your Blackberry model.

How about using a different browser like Opera Mini browser? It already compresses the data before it arrives on your device, and has an option to compress images. It's worth a shot.

Thanks I have already downloaded the opera mini.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers

10-19-11 07:21 AM
    This will be a "well duh" post for most of you, but a few seem to be struggling with adding back modules that are excluded from the Berrylicious 5.5 installer, like Visual Voicemail and Voice Activated Dialing. Zocster has conveniently provided all of the removed modules here 666 removed.rar. Download the file to your PC and expand it in a convenient place. I used BBSAK to install the CODs for the removed modules that I wanted (google BBSAK to find it). Connect your Blackberry to your PC, open BBSAK, and click on the tab that says "modify CODs." Then click "Install CODs." In the dialog that opens, go to where you expanded 666_removed and find the folder with the module you want to add back (for example VVM for Visual Voicemail). Open the "Java" folder and select all of the COD files. Click open and BBSAK will install the selected CODs on your phone. Your phone will reboot after installation. After rebooting, the removed module will be restored.

I tried running the ALX file included in 666_remove.rar using DM (Import Files in Applications), but this didn't work for me. I think you have to put the ALX in the loader files folder and the CODs in the Java folder under the loader files folder for this to work. I think it is easier just to install the CODs directly.

BTW, Berrylicious 5.5 has been running great for me so far. More memory than my shrunk .668, no lag and good battery life.
    Last edited by dougsorensen; 10-19-11 at 03:03 PM.
    10-19-11 02:57 PM
    Thanks, and sorry for the invonvenience.

Do you always update with DM?

I find it easier updating with loader.exe?

This will be a "well duh" post for most of you, but a few seem to be struggling with adding back modules that are excluded from the Berrylicious 5.5 installer, like Visual Voicemail and Voice Activated Dialing. Zocster has conveniently provided all of the removed modules here 666 removed.rar. Download the file to your PC and expand it in a convenient place. I used BBSAK to install the CODs for the removed modules that I wanted (google BBSAK to find it). Connect your Blackberry to your PC, open BBSAK, and click on the tab that says "modify CODs." Then click "Install CODs." In the dialog that opens, go to where you expanded 666_removed and find the folder with the module you want to add back (for example VVM for Visual Voicemail). Open the "Java" folder and select all of the COD files. Click open and BBSAK will install the selected CODs on your phone. Your phone will reboot after installation. After rebooting, the removed module will be restored.

I tried running the ALX file included in 666_remove.rar using DM (Import Files in Applications), but this didn't work for me. I think you have to put the ALX in the loader files folder and the CODs in the Java folder under the loader files folder for this to work. I think it is easier just to install the CODs directly.

BTW, Berrylicious 5.5 has been running great for me so far. More memory than my shrunk .668, no lag and good battery life.

Last edited by zocster; 10-19-11 at 06:58 PM.
    10-19-11 04:28 PM
    Thanks Allan, and sorry for the invonvenience.

Do you always update with DM?

I find it easier updating with loader.exe?
    No, I usually use loader for installing the OS. I didn't know you could install ALXs with loader until your message. Live and learn.

Thanks for the great hybrid.
    10-19-11 06:18 PM
    Two solutions to your problem, either don't use them sites on your device, or simply upgrade to a device with more internal memory. Like zoc said, his hybrids may be good but there are limitations as to what a device can actually render depending upon its processor and available memory

Im running on 9700 oficial 666 with BLv5 and besides the lack of RAM, have to say that it runs like a charm.
    Guatiao and zocster like this.
    10-19-11 09:48 PM
    I reinstalled everything on my blackberry bold 9700 and its really impressive. One more thing is when using the added theme (IRH 9700 theme), the universal search on the home screen does not display anything unlike when using the default blackberry 6 theme.
    Pls recommend a solution for me cos I love this work.

10-21-11 01:07 AM
    Would it be possible to get an offline installer for the voice commands for BL v5.5 on a 9800 with a .666 base?

Would appreciate this very much!
    10-21-11 04:22 AM
    I reinstalled everything on my blackberry bold 9700 and its really impressive. One more thing is when using the added theme (IRH 9700 theme), the universal search on the home screen does not display anything unlike when using the default blackberry 6 theme.

Pls recommend a solution for me cos I love this work.

Remove it, I think there r loads of themes similar to that of iking.

Would it be possible to get an offline installer for the voice commands for BL v5.5 on a 9800 with a .666 base?

Would appreciate this very much!
    Voice commands? How do you mean? VAD?

10-21-11 05:35 AM
    Sorry, yes that's what I mean.
    10-21-11 05:38 AM
390 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD