10-16-12 11:38 AM
270 ... 23456 ...
tools
    ChillFactorz, if you haven't yet, take a look at this 101 article, maybe it helps!

How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    ChillFactorz and Aacidus like this.
    08-22-11 04:19 PM
    Just a Question, for 9700 do you have Spanish Language included?
    08-22-11 05:18 PM
    Do not ask me how, but I managed to install it.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-22-11 06:05 PM
    I've read everything people wrote... followed the directions but I still get the same issue of the email setup library cannot be setup cause files are missing

I've installed Berrylicious like 4 times and uninstalled 4 times.... installed the bell mobility OS 3 times... uninstalled 3 times installed tmobile's official deleted all the files under shared/loader files/[os name].

then I deleted all the files except the UMTS folder loaded the sfi file posted into that folder replaced the platform file.

I loaded the berrylicious files into the os folder app loader is bringing up the files I just can't seem to install this bloody OS... I've been at this for 3 hours now I think I'm getting annoyed and about to put my fist thru my phone

can anyone help??
    08-22-11 06:27 PM
    fist of all thanks goes to Guatiao for posting the 101 link. I'd read that a couple of years back, so I already knew what to do. I re-read anyway and tried pluging the phone in after loading apploader and clicking next. from the next window where the pin would normally show up, I then plugged phone in and clicked next as soon as the button was no longer grayed out. AppLoader started reading the device, as it did before, this time it found the OS and I was able to install. I had did a few other things before I r-read the post ie: re-installing BL4 which i had already done once, restarting computer, turning off internet on comp, not sure which one made it work, but I will give Guatiao credit for helping and going back to the basics.

~about 1:45 hrs so far and no errors,
    ~93.5mb free mem after a few added apps with -9.5mb drop,
    ~1.9% bat discharge
    ~GPS locks good, I've been using Endomondo free and had terrible to none, GPS lock with BL2 now better.

So far all seems good, now time to allow OS to settle in.

Thanks Zoc and team
    08-22-11 06:51 PM
    I am glad my suggestion helped you ChillFactorz!!!!!

Rashad, are you getting a SPECIFIC error message when you try to load the hybrid or the official OS? I would suggest to delete the OS again from your PC, delet Desktop Manager, run CCleaner (CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download), restart your PC, install Desktop Manager, then the OS version you want (it really makes no difference which version, and if it's leaked or not, as you will replace everything in the folder located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700 OS version you will instal_v6.XXXX).

Also, if you want, wipe the device with BBSAK, and start clean in every way.

I hope you get it to work!!!
    08-22-11 08:04 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have been using berrylicious V3 for a while now and it is great. I just downloaded B4.sfi and I copied it into the UTMS folder.

Do I need to erase all the content in the other folders except the newly copies SFI file in the UTMS folder ?

The rest I understand to wipe the phone and backups.

I did a backup manager backup and BBSAK applications backup. What is an ipd backup. never did this and is it needed ?

Thanks all.

Fibrolan
    08-22-11 10:58 PM
    Does it include CJK input support (East asia font)?
    08-22-11 11:24 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have been using berrylicious V3 for a while now and it is great. I just downloaded B4.sfi and I copied it into the UTMS folder.

Do I need to erase all the content in the other folders except the newly

The rest I understand to wipe the phone and backups.

I did a backup manager backup and BBSAK applications backup. What is an ipd backup. never did this and is it needed ?

Thanks all.

Fibrolan
    copies SFI file in the UTMS folder ?

Yes. I had same issue with 9700 delete everything under base OS folder. Then recreate a new folder named UTMS -- load the .sfi into that folder and install BL4 under the base OS folder.

I've had this OS up for about 36 hrs and runs fantastic. I don't even bother with OperaMini anymore as there's need for it on this build!!

Thanks Zocster and the beta team.

Everyone that has the snitty remarks about the OS -- pi$$ off, it's free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 02:41 AM
    CONGRRATS! Sadly my 9900 arrived before BL4 did but congrats on the release!
    08-23-11 02:52 AM
    I have a problem, I can not go on the preferences screen. When I try to go there, the window opens and closes at the same time, any ideas on this? Thank you.
    08-23-11 06:02 AM
    Come one Zocster fix up the 9780 owners!!!
    I waited for over a month for bl4, now its released and I cant even enjoy

08-23-11 08:15 AM
    Folks

just did an update to berry v4. How do I check to make sure I installed the right version and everything is correct. I am on a 9700.

Thanks

Fibrolan
    08-23-11 10:51 AM
    Folks

just did an update to berry v4. How do I check to make sure I installed the right version and everything is correct. I am on a 9700.

Thanks

Fibrolan
    The Help me! Screen (alt-shift-H) will show app version 7.0.0.340 (2718)

Guatiao and fibronet like this.
    08-23-11 11:44 AM
    Help,

What am I doing wrong. I though I did an update to berry V4 but the app version is wrong. I still show 7.277(2840).

I put the SFI file in the UTMS folder and then did a complete wipe of my phone and then ran apploader.

I first tried by erasing the everything in the directory except the UTMS folder BUT apploader would not run said files were missing.

So I did it differently I left all files in its folders and put Berry v4 in the UTMs folder and then ran apploader.

I seem to be missing something or my steps are wrong.

can someone guide me step by step please. I have never used a SFI file before.

Fibrolan
    08-23-11 12:00 PM
    Help,

What am I doing wrong. I though I did an update to berry V4 but the app version is wrong. I still show 7.277(2840).

I put the SFI file in the UTMS folder and then did a complete wipe of my phone and then ran apploader.

I first tried by erasing the everything in the directory except the UTMS folder BUT apploader would not run said files were missing.

So I did it differently I left all files in its folders and put Berry v4 in the UTMs folder and then ran apploader.

I seem to be missing something or my steps are wrong.

can someone guide me step by step please. I have never used a SFI file before.

Fibrolan
    Uninstall what all is there on your comp. Reinstall a base OS like .600 on your comp and phone. Go into the folder path listed by Zocster on the files post and delete everything but the UTMS folder (but empty the inside of the folder). After that install Berrylicious V4 on your comp. Go into the UTMS folder and drop the 9700 SFI in there. From there its just step by step of what he has on the 1st post since theres no point in me trying to reiterate a less detailed how to guide then what he has on page one.

Hope that helps.
    fibronet likes this.
    08-23-11 12:15 PM
    Thanks Zoc. All clear for the first 24 hours so far and loving the speed/extra storage
    zocster likes this.
    08-23-11 12:17 PM
    hey sorry everyone, but I found a fix to the issue. I guess I should have restarted my computer when I uninstalled and ccleaned my registries.

but once I restarted I re-installed everything; decided to back up all the files from the installer on my desktop, then deleted all the files in the folder except the UTMS & Java folders.

after berrylicious installed to the base os folder I ran apploader and the base os info I'm not sure but it loaded I think some core OS6 then something OS7 I don't remember.

so far Battery is at: 82 degrees, Average Dischar Rate 1.8% per hour,
    Memory: App since start up -3.5MB
    Last Power Up/Reset 3h 34 mins

only have done one battery pull since the directions (passed out at 2 and forgot to do a pull) but it's been working great no real issues so far
    08-23-11 12:20 PM
    I am glad my suggestion helped you ChillFactorz!!!!!

Rashad, are you getting a SPECIFIC error message when you try to load the hybrid or the official OS? I would suggest to delete the OS again from your PC, delet Desktop Manager, run CCleaner (CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download), restart your PC, install Desktop Manager, then the OS version you want (it really makes no difference which version, and if it's leaked or not, as you will replace everything in the folder located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700 OS version you will instal_v6.XXXX).

Also, if you want, wipe the device with BBSAK, and start clean in every way.

I hope you get it to work!!!
    well it was the hybrid but I guess it wasn't loading correctly cause I wasn't restarting my computer when I did the install well uninstall of things but thank you for your help and concern
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 12:22 PM
    insanekronic,

Thanks for the reply. I must be stupid today or not enough coffee. You stated to install the V4 and then drop the SFI in the UTMS folder. is the SFI the same as V4 or am I missing something that I have not downloaded yet. Where do I find the V4 to install ?

Fibrolan
    08-23-11 12:33 PM
    insanekronic,

Thanks for the reply. I must be stupid today or not enough coffee. You stated to install the V4 and then drop the SFI in the UTMS folder. is the SFI the same as V4 or am I missing something that I have not downloaded yet. Where do I find the V4 to install ?

Fibrolan
    No problem.

Zocster has the download for BL4 at the top or bottom of the 1st post I forget but the SFI file which is specific to the device is just under step 4a in his first post.
    08-23-11 12:51 PM
    fibrolan see the bolded parts for the downloads you need

The first is the SFI you need to put into the folder and the 2nd one (here and here) is the Berrylicious V4
    fibronet likes this.
    08-23-11 12:54 PM
    hey zocster, how can i download a language? i want to add turkish language do you gave cods for it?
    08-23-11 12:58 PM
    hey zocster, how can i download a language? i want to add turkish language do you gave cods for it?
    He has a separate thread with some language CODs

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...6-only-629568/
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 01:02 PM
    InsaneKronic,

I finally found it.

Thanks

Fibrolan
    08-23-11 01:18 PM
270 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD