going to install....
    ty guys!!!
    11-03-12 07:47 PM
    Can anyone in the USA comment on which SFI seems better? 746 (small/large) or 714 (small/large)?

And if you're in the NYC area, you get a biiiig hug
    11-03-12 07:50 PM
    erm... i see lots of using a different sfi from the base os, how do you go about doing it?

Sorry kind of new to all this? Some help please? or is there a guide somewhere that i can refer to?
    11-03-12 08:04 PM
    Just install the OS that you want on your computer, open up the UMTS folder and copy the .sfi file. Then you need to install the base OS that you want to use and replace the .sfi file with the one you copied.

I hope that makes sense.
    retroboy123 likes this.
    11-03-12 08:16 PM
    erm... i see lots of using a different sfi from the base os, how do you go about doing it?

Sorry kind of new to all this? Some help please? or is there a guide somewhere that i can refer to?
    If you go to the folder where the OS is there is a folder UMTS like this for example Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.746_P5.1.0.546\UMTS

UMTS has the sfi, which is your radio....alll of us will have varying results with sfi's so just fool around and once you find one that works, that is your cup of tea right there
    phatmaan and retroboy123 like this.
    11-03-12 08:18 PM
    thanks for the help guys
    11-03-12 08:50 PM
    Is this for us 9930 users also?

Those still running .649 or .714

Open platform alx with notepad.
    Add this extra line anywhere the rest of the cods are listed.

net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod

If you do not do this, your phone won't load.

Enjoy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-03-12 09:17 PM
    Previous releases are, I downloaded this one earlier but my wife sabotaged her laptop and is ensconced at my machine currently; until I extricate it from her clutches it remains a mystery. You could do what I was going to - download, run the installer, look for file version changes.

9930+Tapatalk
    11-03-12 09:47 PM
    Yes, use .649 SFI and the modified alx. File to load phone qchatptt cod, otherwise your phone won't boot up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 10:19 PM
    Thanks or the reply. Im very use to loading hybrids but this one has me stumped,do I just inject that file in the Java folder?

Yes, use .649 SFI and the modified alx. File to load phone qchatptt cod, otherwise your phone won't boot up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 10:22 PM
    Did you empty your java folder prior to the extraction?

Edit:

The java is meant to over write the content of 649.

BerryLicio.us
    I did over write the java folder. Oke deh, saya coba dari awal lagi. Thanks utk bantuannya pak Zocster.
    11-03-12 10:31 PM
    Ok, I think im in rare form tonight. After I downloaded BL team hybrid, I run the installer, enter the serial number and I after that I get "setup ended prematurely because of an error. You system has not been modified". Any idea how to overcome this error? I tried downloading 3 times with a pc restart before every install.
    11-03-12 10:42 PM
    Update - 12 hrs after installing - Moderate use.
    1. So far I have done many battery pulls , I've noticed that booting up sometimes is slow , not that i really care , but just mentioning it
    2. Os is definitely more faster and responsive
    3. Before with .546, I had a problem with the maintaining the wifi signal , even if I am sitting 2 feet away from the wifi router it never shows that I have full signal strength, with this build i get more bars. with wifi.
    4. When starting up, it takes a few seconds longer to find the network and connect to it.
    5. The only temp problems I have is while charging , last nite , the batter was slightly more hotter than usual.
    6. Amazingly total free memory is 767mb, before it was around 250mb I think.

11-03-12 11:07 PM
    What part of opening the platform.alx with notepad,

And adding a single line accordingly do you not understand?

BerryLicio.us
    I didn't read the "platform.alx" part :$ sorry
    11-03-12 11:12 PM
    ria, if you have a 9900 you don't need the one I posted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    The one you posted is device specific or for all devices with .649 and .714?
    11-03-12 11:18 PM
    where can i get the large .714 Sfi from?
    11-03-12 11:30 PM
    Thank for the replies. I , in my haste, must have missed where I should have chosen another folder where I could deposit the cod files. I used default storage and that is where I messed up. Now, back to installing the one I have been waiting for.
    Maybe next release will put its files default to "BL Returns V1.0.1" folder and that will clear things a little bit.
    11-03-12 11:31 PM
    Either voda Uk or orange uk

where can i get the large .714 Sfi from?

BerryLicio.us
    11-03-12 11:31 PM
    Ask bpk Teguh how he did it.

He loaded this just fine on his 9930

I did over write the java folder. Oke deh, saya coba dari awal lagi. Thanks utk bantuannya pak Zocster.

BerryLicio.us
    11-03-12 11:32 PM
    3. Before with .546, I had a problem with the maintaining the wifi signal , even if I am sitting 2 feet away from the wifi router it never shows that I have full signal strength, with this build i get more bars. with wifi.
    I still have that problem. My device simply resist to connect to any wireless I try. And, when it connects I see single bar (basicly it is bottom point on wireless logo) where my computer have full 5 bars. Didn't used to have such a problem. I could not resolve it yet.

It is not because of BL. I have that problem with stock OSes, too.
    11-03-12 11:54 PM
    Installed!! super smooth
    11-04-12 01:17 AM
    Time for replacement hardware!

I still have that problem. My device simply resist to connect to any wireless I try. And, when it connects I see single bar (basicly it is bottom point on wireless logo) where my computer have full 5 bars. Didn't used to have such a problem. I could not resolve it yet.

It is not because of BL. I have that problem with stock OSes, too.

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 01:24 AM
    Stupendous performance from the BL-Rtn Hybrid on .746 Large Base + .714 Large sfi

it promises to be a Killer Hybrid ... ALL to the BL guys... U guys are completely rockin' ...

I used the phone on a 2 hr nonstop overseas conference voicecall with several emails coming IN and also replying to them. Some BBM too.

Barely 10-12 Hrs upon install, its shown the "shine of its metal"

Periodic manual battery pulls continue to further settle down the install. And can only contemplate it getting even better from what it is.

Indeed - having relied on the earlier 7B1 + .714 large base + sfi as my best hybrid, this one tipped over as the BEST now !!
    zocster likes this.
    11-04-12 01:32 AM
    I downloaded the Base OS , Downloaded the Platform.alx modified file aswell as the BL returns file .... Installed the file in my OS Java file , but it didnt ask me to overwrite , instead it just installed and closed down .... now when going to app loader , after connecting to device it says that I dont have software installed for my device . ARGH can someone please help me I dont know what I am doing wrong , also I am not using the .714 sfi file , how will this effect me ??
    11-04-12 02:06 AM
    You need to navigate by double clicking on the root OS folder which will show � folders, one UMTS and one Java.

Double click on the Java then click next.

Plus you still need to delete your vendor files.

I downloaded the Base OS , Downloaded the Platform.alx modified file aswell as the BL returns file .... Installed the file in my OS Java file , but it didnt ask me to overwrite , instead it just installed and closed down .... now when going to app loader , after connecting to device it says that I dont have software installed for my device . ARGH can someone please help me I dont know what I am doing wrong , also I am not using the .714 sfi file , how will this effect me ??

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 02:18 AM
879 ... 23456 ...