So you have joined the select group of OS testers, very jealous !!!

Nice One Sharma
    +1 on that......lol
    11-03-12 10:12 AM
    All apps installed but have a problem with slide2open (it does not work) some compatibility issue i guess !
    Any suggestion for an app which locks the screen with touch and locks phone while on call ?
    11-03-12 10:20 AM
    Definetely: 75676-67853-27423

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Rebooted the PC and the code worked.
    11-03-12 10:24 AM
    As I rush home to install this new Hybrid :-D :-D *all smiles*, if I install .746 as a base and replace .746 sfi with .714 (fat) sfi do I need to edit the .alx files?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 10:27 AM
    As I rush home to install this new Hybrid :-D :-D *all smiles*, if I install .746 as a base and replace .746 sfi with .714 (fat) sfi do I need to edit the .alx files?

you don't need to unless you use the "dakota" alx file from Zoc
    11-03-12 10:29 AM
    I wanna try this tonightbut only now do I realize there is a distinction between sfi and base. i have been taking them as one because i use the same base and sfi then overwrite java. I have noticed 714 to run cooler (i'm using a torch 9810) and it may be a week or so before we torch users see a .746 OS for our device. Any advice as the best sfi I can use. The base will be the fat 714 uk base, already have the java file DOWNLOADED and ready ust need advice on what sfi best matches the 714 base. this time round things look technical and i want to keep this hybrid for long
    11-03-12 10:32 AM

I simply used the alx that came with the official OS and it worked fine for 9900.
    Since the official OS .746 for 9360 has arrived so you can too.
    11-03-12 10:33 AM
    you don't need to unless you use the "dakota" alx file from Zoc
    Thank you :-D, I Blame the BL team for turning me into a hybrid Junkie, now all I do is eat, breathe and sleep hybrids.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-03-12 10:34 AM
    I wanna try this tonightbut only now do I realize there is a distinction between sfi and base. i have been taking them as one because i use the same base and sfi then overwrite java. I have noticed 714 to run cooler (i'm using a torch 9810) and it may be a week or so before we torch users see a .746 OS for our device. Any advice as the best sfi I can use. The base will be the fat 714 uk base, already have the java file DOWNLOADED and ready ust need advice on what sfi best matches the 714 base. this time round things look technical and i want to keep this hybrid for long
    I feel the fat .714sfi will work with the .714 base but be sure to use Zocs instruction on the first page of this thread for the alx files for devices which don't have .746 as a base !
    Phly_kid likes this.
    11-03-12 10:38 AM
    Want to install this hybrid on my 9810

Currently on Rc7 with 714 base didnt change sfi

Do I need to change it?
    If so which sfi?
    11-03-12 10:58 AM
    Want to install this hybrid on my 9810

Currently on Rc7 with 714 base didnt change sfi

Do I need to change it?
    If so which sfi?
    You can use whichever .sfi works best for you.

The majority seem to favour the Large .714 one.

If you do not have a base .746 for your device you must follow the steps set out in post 1 to enable the Hybrid to load.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 11-03-12 at 12:14 PM.
    11-03-12 11:02 AM
    Just like the good old bzone days. All the java nor hybrids using the extractor that require serial key or password. Well, iking is here joining BL team again. No wonder the setup is vary than the BL RC's. One more thing, no wonder he's not in my BBM list, already use an OS7 device! :O
    11-03-12 11:39 AM
    To the BL Team :

Brilliant & very professional file executor that extracts just like RIM's OS and then guides you thru for a hassle-free install.

Installed perfectly BUT for some odd reason using DM, the full restore just didn't happen as it should have. Hence, had to re-do RESTORE again but seems am losing the BBM Groups so that's THaT.

Cpl of battery pulls follow and lets see how things shape up in 6-12 Hrs time. Sitting on 3G network signal from voda India. All's well so far.

Once again, superb installer from BL.

P.S. I installed .746 Large base with with .714 Large sfi and BL Rtns v. 1.0.0
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-03-12 12:07 PM
    To the BL Team :

Brilliant & very professional file executor that extracts just like RIM's OS and then guides you thru for a hassle-free install.

Once again, superb installer from BL.

P.S. I installed .746 Large base with with .714 Large sfi and BL Rtns v. 1.0.0
    Totally agree with your views on the installer, less margin for error for first time users doing it this way.

We also agree on the package to install, I have gone for exactly the same combo.
    11-03-12 12:13 PM
    All of the original BL hybrids were done using an installer when iking was involved, just recently we have been tied up with other things.

Glad you all like it.

Very odd issue with the install but as we don't recommend Desktop Manager installs anyway I can't really comment.

I have attached the edited 746 platform.alx

http://www.mediafire.com/?s61sq9sjrr987

11-03-12 12:23 PM
    All of the original BL hybrids were done using an installer when iking was involved, just recently we have been tied up with other things.

Glad you all like it.

Very odd issue with the install but as we don't recommend Desktop Manager installs anyway I can't really comment.

Pleased that you have started a new thread too, the old one was so huge it had almost become impossible to back track to find posts that you wanted to refer back to !!!
    11-03-12 12:26 PM
    Smooth install here.

Using the large .714 sfi + .746 base and of course the BL installer.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle and audio_engr like this.
    11-03-12 12:29 PM
    Thanks legal, only issue is we now have 4 threads to monitor.

In my last post I have given a link to the modified 746 platform.alx file to use for the 9900 Dakota

maxx71 likes this.
    11-03-12 12:34 PM
    Thanks legal, only issue is we now have 4 threads to monitor.

I'm sure that we regular suspects will still also try and monitor all 4 threads and help out as and when we are able to lighten the load a little.
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    11-03-12 12:38 PM
    Am I the only one? I don't like this new install proceedure. Enter a serial number? gimme a break. Why make it difficult? I have 4 OS's installed on my drive for each of my other blackberries. I went thru this new install proceedure and found all kinds of files where they should not have been. Then I reloaded with this new method and it wiped all the other installed os's I had for my other berries. Next I had to go to control panel to remove all the other os's. Finally I again started this new method and it appears to have done it's job.
    Please, I prefer as before so I could just take the hybrid cod files and install. That was waaaaay simpler than this new method.
    11-03-12 12:43 PM
    Thanks a lot to the BL Team for their hard work , Could someone tell me what is the difference between this and BL Ultimate RC 7 Alpha 1 ? Im quite confused here ?
    11-03-12 12:48 PM
    Am I the only one? I don't like this new install proceedure. Enter a serial number? gimme a break. Why make it difficult? I have 4 OS's installed on my drive for each of my other blackberries. I went thru this new install proceedure and found all kinds of files where they should not have been. Then I reloaded with this new method and it wiped all the other installed os's I had for my other berries. Next I had to go to control panel to remove all the other os's. Finally I again started this new method and it appears to have done it's job.
    Please, I prefer as before so I could just take the hybrid cod files and install. That was waaaaay simpler than this new method.
    you just need to install it to a folder and voila! you got the java's cods to paste to your original java folder
    11-03-12 12:51 PM
    Yeah just to a fictitious folder somewhere on desktop.

Then copy and paste to each.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-03-12 12:53 PM
    RC7 is 714 this is 746, quite a difference if you ask me.

Thanks a lot to the BL Team for their hard work , Could someone tell me what is the difference between this and BL Ultimate RC 7 Alpha 1 ? Im quite confused here ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    phatmaan likes this.
    11-03-12 12:54 PM
    after 3 hours install and this is what i've got! BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-capture0_53_40.jpg
    Great stuff! Thansk BL Team!
    11-03-12 01:02 PM
879 1234 ...