How do I disable browser push?
    Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Browser Push - Disable the first one
    sofes and Mi.key like this.
    11-07-12 03:59 AM
    I've done everything u said, why didnt i get ADR lower than 1%?
    lol...He forgot to say, put your phone in the drawer and leave it there...

No, I am only kidding, I regularly get ADR of around 1%, this morning I am on 0.63% and that with a couple of calls and some browsing.
    Slayohslay and ria__x like this.
    11-07-12 04:00 AM
    Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Browser Push - Disable the first one
    Ooooooooooooooh, duuuugh to me!
    Thanks!
    S
    ifraser likes this.
    11-07-12 04:03 AM
    lol...He forgot to say, put your phone in the drawer and leave it there...

No, I am only kidding, I regularly get ADR of around 1%, this morning I am on 0.63% and that with a couple of calls and some browsing.
    ifraser likes this.
    11-07-12 04:04 AM
    Pls keep in mind that with "Browser Push" disabled you won't able to send/receive MMS messages....
    Ooooooooooooooh, duuuugh to me!
    Thanks!
    S
    You're welcome.
    ifraser and sofes like this.
    Pls keep in mind that with "Browser Push" disabled you won't able to send/receive MMS messages....
    I know.. and thats great lol. As of my carrier keep on sending promotions tru MMS messages
    ifraser likes this.
    11-07-12 04:05 AM
    Different BB, different people, different usage pattern. Wait for it to settle, might as well be better than this.
    key point to get ADR below 1%

1) set battery saving mode always on, this automatic lower your BB brightness and timeout
    2) choose between 3G or 2G only
    3) disable browser push
    4) disable storage compression
    5) shrink shrink shrink

just do these and I assure you get ADR below 1%, provided you loaded the hybrid correctly.
    done
    now waiting for the improvements and more settled (i hope)
    thx for the feedback

noted
    ifraser likes this.
    11-07-12 04:06 AM
    ohh so that's why i haven't been receiving pics people keep sending me hahahaahaha
    ifraser and BigwhiteUK like this.
    11-07-12 04:19 AM
    ohh so that's why i haven't been receiving pics people keep sending me hahahaahaha
    Who need MMS service when you got SWAG? nahh im kidding! we got whatsapp and bbm what?
    ifraser likes this.
    11-07-12 04:35 AM
    Who need MMS service when you got SWAG? nahh im kidding! we got whatsapp and bbm what?
    i agree but people persist on sending me photo msgs and complain when i don't reply lmao
    11-07-12 04:44 AM
    i agree but people persist on sending me photo msgs and complain when i don't reply lmao
    Re-enable your Browser push then
    11-07-12 04:47 AM
    Re-enable your Browser push then
    already on it luckily (fingers crossed now lol) i dont get MMS's from my network. what would i do without this thread eh?
    11-07-12 05:09 AM
    ooops I wont send any more !!!!!
    11-07-12 05:15 AM
    ooops I wont send any more !!!!!
    lmao. IT WAS YOU!!!
    11-07-12 05:42 AM
    I have been using BT to connect to the Car Kit and also to stream music and my battery life has been netter than most of
    our previous builds.

Did you do a full wipe before install? I may be having issues if you didnt.
    Actually this time around I did not wipe I let DM do the upgrade so that could be the issue indeed! I will wipe and try again but I think the .714 large sfi seems to be the contender so I'll also give it a try instead of the .746 large sfi.
    11-07-12 06:37 AM
    key point to get ADR below 1%

1) set battery saving mode always on, this automatic lower your BB brightness and timeout.
    Does battery saving mode affect any network/wifi/bluetooth power levels? I wouldn't want to comprimise these.
    11-07-12 06:41 AM
    Actually this time around I did not wipe I let DM do the upgrade so that could be the issue indeed! I will wipe and try again but I think the .714 large sfi seems to be the contender so I'll also give it a try instead of the .746 large sfi.
    I did wipe and am using .714 Large .sfi and am having heavier battery discharge on this OS on Bluetooth than I did with 7B1 with same .sfi.
    11-07-12 06:43 AM
    Is this the "only" consequence? Or there's more? (or... what does "browser push" really means?)
    11-07-12 06:54 AM
    Day 2 on .746 base and .714sfi on my 9790 and the results are not very encouraging.

Adr is 9.4% and Mdr is -3.1, the worst thing is while using the bluetooth while in the car is giving me a higher discharge rate, it is somewhere around 10%.
    Since this is a new device i guess it would take more time to settle down and also while usage the device runs a bit hotter at around 30 degrees celcius, which is pretty unusual. It's been a while i had used 9790 and can't remember my other device getting hot as this one does.

Hope it settles down !!!!
    11-07-12 06:54 AM
    Does battery saving mode affect any network/wifi/bluetooth power levels? I wouldn't want to comprimise these.
    I dont think so, no. It only 'adjust' your Brightness, other minor settings, just to optimize maximum battery life for your Blackberry.
    SheeB likes this.
    11-07-12 06:57 AM
    Is this the "only" consequence? Or there's more? (or... what does "browser push" really means?)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...er-push-19631/
    sofes likes this.
    11-07-12 06:58 AM
    Any update on making this useable for 9930?
    11-07-12 08:11 AM
    Day 2 on .746 base and .714sfi on my 9790 and the results are not very encouraging.

Adr is 9.4% and Mdr is -3.1, the worst thing is while using the bluetooth while in the car is giving me a higher discharge rate, it is somewhere around 10%.
    Since this is a new device i guess it would take more time to settle down and also while usage the device runs a bit hotter at around 30 degrees celcius, which is pretty unusual. It's been a while i had used 9790 and can't remember my other device getting hot as this one does.

Hope it settles down !!!!
    Just sharing my experience when helping my friends upgrading their 9790, the main complaint from them was about the temperature issue.
    It can be because the network in my city that not that stable or their style in using the phone (themes, frequent calls etc).
    Hope what I mentioned are the case for the 9790 heat and you can get a "cool" phone once it settled
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-07-12 08:27 AM
    with no BIS and completely staying idle, i still get an adr of 3

it was 1 on rc7b
    11-07-12 08:54 AM
879 ... 1314151617 ...