Thanks to ifraser and blr team , smooth install , under observation will report back on performance , I have one question though , when u run apploader and it asks for your location , will there be any issue if you choose another country that you are in ? I mean does it have any significant importance ? Thanks in advance for the replies ?
    Last edited by dataphry; 12-13-12 at 07:18 AM. Reason: addition
    12-13-12 07:12 AM
    great to see Return3. which base and sfi to be used with it. should I continue with .746 base and .714 large sfi for 9860?
    The answer to your question was provided a few posts previous to yours.
    12-13-12 10:26 AM
    Im having an issue, when I wiped and was reinstalling apps ( i didnt backup the apps first, because some of them have strange behavior when I restore from a backup) , i tried installing google maps 4.5.3 from google website , it stops at the screen of the terms and conditions , could this be due to some new cod's ? or is it google map issue only ?
    12-13-12 10:38 AM
    Im having an issue, when I wiped and was reinstalling apps ( i didnt backup the apps first, because some of them have strange behavior when I restore from a backup) , i tried installing google maps 4.5.3 from google website , it stops at the screen of the terms and conditions , could this be due to some new cod's ? or is it google map issue only ?
    Not down to the BL Hybrid OS.

Read the Official .794 thread, people are reporting similar issues.
    dataphry likes this.
    12-13-12 10:41 AM
    I'm having this problem as well, just installed .794. This is a show stopper for me. I use google maps all the time.
    12-13-12 10:46 AM
    I'm having this problem as well, just installed .794. This is a show stopper for me. I use google maps all the time.
    Courtesy of Phill_UK from the Official .794 thread:

Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    12-13-12 11:18 AM
    Thanks, I've tried all the workarounds, google maps dead for bb , big fat bummer
    Mi.key likes this.
    12-14-12 04:33 AM
    Thanks, I've tried all the workarounds, google maps dead for bb , big fat bummer
    RIP Google Maps for BB
    12-14-12 01:49 PM
    hi guys, newbie here. Dont know too much about hybrids but i kind of like the idea of tweaking my OS. A friend lured me to this site and i think its gonna be fun. I followed the instructions, and successfully installed BL returns v3 on a 746 base. my 9320 loads faster than it used to for a start. I dont know much about 'sfi' and what the file is supposed to do. Can someone help throw more light on that. Thanks
    12-14-12 06:20 PM
    I have used 794 as my base java and sfi so yes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    .794 OS large (starhub or m1)?
    I go for Starhub..... fingers crossed (I'm a BLreturns lover!!!)
    Last edited by neumann66; 12-14-12 at 09:35 PM.
    12-14-12 08:49 PM
    Here is the fix: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...4/#post7781318.

Thanks to Phil for posting the link to the thread.
    dataphry likes this.
    12-14-12 11:59 PM
    Here is the fix: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...4/#post7781318.

Thanks to Phil for posting the link to the thread.
    BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    works pefect
    12-15-12 01:10 AM
    its my 3rd day on Return3 with base 746 and sfi .714 on 9860. Performance wise, it is almost same as RC9a1. Battery temp remains around 19-20 degree and ADR 3-4%. Smoothness is also almost same. The only difference, I could make it that Return 3 has most files from 804 while 9a1 from 794. Now, it is becoming very difficult for all users to shuttle bet BL and return every week.
    12-15-12 03:51 AM
    its my 3rd day on Return3 with base 746 and sfi .714 on 9860. Performance wise, it is almost same as RC9a1. Battery temp remains around 19-20 degree and ADR 3-4%. Smoothness is also almost same. The only difference, I could make it that Return 3 has most files from 804 while 9a1 from 794. Now, it is becoming very difficult for all users to shuttle bet BL and return every week.
    here 25 C� fixed temp. with .794 OS/SFI (8 hours from first install)
    12-15-12 04:49 AM
    [Irrelevant]
    Last edited by dataphry; 12-15-12 at 11:49 PM.
    12-15-12 05:27 AM
    Coming from blr2

Noticeable differences -
    1. Faster and smoother browser
    2. Faster Wifi Lock

To soon for me to comment on power usage, but so far it seems better, over the past 2 days I have been trying to get gmaps to work, so did many many reboots battery pulls , and installations , and all the while also very active on whatsapp.

I have been using this from 07:00 and its 17:00 now , heavy whatsapp and power is at 70%, which is far better than blr2 , after a week passes I will give more comments.

Also from first impressions , the first few os loads took long , and there is frequent occurrence of the black clocks ,

From using blr 2 earlier , i noticed that with time it gets only better , so with this build im expecting it to be much better, Im on edge most of the time

And also there is no bbm7 in the os by default, after a clean wipe and install , I have only bbm6.2 still. any ideas how i can get bbm7 ?

http://i47.tinypic.com/nzk8py.jpg
    Appworld or rroyy.com (OTA)
    dataphry likes this.
    12-15-12 06:14 AM
    BLR 3 comes with ввм 7.

What you might have done is you copied and pasted the java but forgotten the alx? It was included.

Coming from blr2

Noticeable differences -
    1. Faster and smoother browser
    2. Faster Wifi Lock

To soon for me to comment on power usage, but so far it seems better, over the past 2 days I have been trying to get gmaps to work, so did many many reboots battery pulls , and installations , and all the while also very active on whatsapp.

I have been using this from 07:00 and its 17:00 now , heavy whatsapp and power is at 70%, which is far better than blr2 , after a week passes I will give more comments.

Also from first impressions , the first few os loads took long , and there is frequent occurrence of the black clocks ,

From using blr 2 earlier , i noticed that with time it gets only better , so with this build im expecting it to be much better, Im on edge most of the time

And also there is no bbm7 in the os by default, after a clean wipe and install , I have only bbm6.2 still. any ideas how i can get bbm7 ?

http://i47.tinypic.com/nzk8py.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by BerryLicio.US
    dataphry likes this.
    12-15-12 11:38 AM
    Since upgrading, Google maps does not work. I cannot get pass accepting the policy to use Google Maps.

I uninstall and reinstall with no luck whatsoever. Just tell me a serious error has occurred. Please restart.
    12-15-12 07:19 PM
    Since upgrading, Google maps does not work. I cannot get pass accepting the policy to use Google Maps.

I uninstall and reinstall with no luck whatsoever. Just tell me a serious error has occurred. Please restart.
    Have you been in hiding for the past few days?

This has nothing to do with BL hybrids, it's all Google's doing. Here's the only fix... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7780652
    BoldAlways likes this.
    12-15-12 07:43 PM
    here 25 C� fixed temp. with .794 OS/SFI (8 hours from first install)
    reloaded with OS 746+large 714 sfi... till now running like a dream....
    12-15-12 09:04 PM
    BLR 3 comes with ввм 7.

What you might have done is you copied and pasted the java but forgotten the alx? It was included.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by BerryLicio.US
    Thanks for your fast response,

I committed a noob mistake, of installing the BLR3 in the wrong folder ,

I didnt choose the right folder in the installer , and instead it got installed here -
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    While the actual place of install was supposed to be here -
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.746_P5.1.0.546
    as per the instructions on the first , page, eesh , So previously, I was running just 746 and fat sfi w/o BLR3.. anyway, will keep this under observation.

And it was my mistake , blr3 does come with bbm7 by default.

Last edited by dataphry; 12-16-12 at 02:51 AM. Reason: solved
    12-15-12 09:25 PM
    Getting a rim.api.controlaccess or something like that exception

Any help??
    12-16-12 09:47 AM
    Now testing Returns OS6 v4.. So far so good... Great build!! thanks to all the BL team... Keep the excelent job you're doing!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by Berrylicio.us Returns OS6 v4
    12-16-12 06:52 PM
    I've installed os6 v4, but EMAIL SETTING is worked not properly, and I cannot set email for my device!
    Please help!!!
    12-17-12 12:50 AM
    Initial impressions of blr3
    1. Ui is even more smoother
    2. Browser is much faster
    3. GPS Lock is far more accurate ( ~5m)
    4. Startup is slightly faster.
    5. Power usage is too soon for me to say , since Im going thru the settling time period.
    6. It charges up real fast, and I notice while charging the battery gets hot. This i have noticed with the blr os. Anyone else have this ?

New Changes-
    When you set a daily alarm for example, it is visible in the calendar application as a faint red line, before I didnt use to see this. So this is an interesting feature.
    12-17-12 03:06 AM
879 ... 3132333435 ...