I loaded it the day before this happened. So it had about 24 hours of settling time before doing so. The strange thing is that I did several battery pulls after initial installation because I was installing my apps. No issues at that time. I'm now running stock .746 from UTS. I will probably give it a try with .746 including stock SFI and BL Returns. Don't know if large Vodafone UK SFI had something to do with it... Or maybe I should just wait for RC8
    In this case it would be BL returns V2
    I used the Bl Returns V1 with the large .714 sfi from Vodafone and didn�t had that issue. I would see if that issue repeats... The way the Team works maybe by the end of the week we have new toys to play with
    11-13-12 05:47 AM
    I will give it another shot with .746 UTS, large Vodafone SFI and BL Return V1. I've never had any problems with RC7B1 or any other hybrids.
    11-13-12 06:11 AM
    I will give it another shot with .746 UTS, large Vodafone SFI and BL Return V1. I've never had any problems with RC7B1 or any other hybrids.
    I�ve never had issues with any of the previous RC�s. But sometimes the best way is to wipe the device and reload. Do not forget to backup.
    ifraser likes this.
    11-13-12 06:29 AM
    Dont know if I would recommend installing that......Windows 8 i mean

I will be installing a virtual machine with windows 8 on it to have a play and make
    sure Desktop manager puts all the files in the same places as previous version.

Will just need to get rid of the damn Metro screen
    11-13-12 08:50 AM
    I took a shot and installed .746, large Vodafone SFI and BL Returns. Followed the instructions as instructed on page 1.

Everything went fine... Hybrid installation + apps installation. Did a few battery pulls after initial installation. After 4 hors I did a battery pull and guess what, same problem occurred. This time during boot screen. Rebooted halfway through the boot process. After 3 tries it managed to boot completely. I did another battery pull and it booted normal.

The first time this occurred was also at the first battery pull after the initial installation of hybrid and apps.

Is this the OS settling?
    11-13-12 09:17 AM
    Dont know if I would recommend installing that......Windows 8 i mean

I will be installing a virtual machine with windows 8 on it to have a play and make
    sure Desktop manager puts all the files in the same places as previous version.

Will just need to get rid of the damn Metro screen
    Maybe I don't understand what this is actually doing. It is my understanding that it's just copying .cod files over the the base ones already installed. Am I incorrect in my thinking?
    11-13-12 09:23 AM
    I took a shot and installed .746, large Vodafone SFI and BL Returns. Followed the instructions as instructed on page 1.

Everything went fine... Hybrid installation + apps installation. Did a few battery pulls after initial installation. After 4 hors I did a battery pull and guess what, same problem occurred. This time during boot screen. Rebooted halfway through the boot process. After 3 tries it managed to boot completely. I did another battery pull and it booted normal.

The first time this occurred was also at the first battery pull after the initial installation of hybrid and apps.

Is this the OS settling?
    Sorry to hear about your complications , I havent come across this issue , usually for weird errors , 2 solutions are recommended
    1. Before installing the OS make sure the vendor.xml files are deleted
    2. Wipe the fone before the install , using something like bbsak

Have u tried these methods ?
    11-13-12 10:00 AM
    I'm getting jealous by all these 9900 users getting good adr results..
    Plus I've been seeing lots of 9900's in my area for some reason..getting me jealous..The looks have totally grown on me :-p

Any news from mixes used by torch users? Would love to hear some..hehe!

Update on my mix anyways (.746 UTS base and sfi with BL Returns)
    Battery right now @ 60% (12 hours of charge on 2G..with mixed use in first 5 hours..while next 7 were practically idle
    Sitting in my pocket while I deal with drunk people at the bar :-p ) so pretty good I guess..lowest the adr goes is 3% going by BBDA..Temp does get warm though, maybe because it was kept in my pocket for a while and gathering heat..hhmm..lol
    11-13-12 10:52 AM
    I'm getting jealous by all these 9900 users getting good adr results..
    Plus I've been seeing lots of 9900's in my area for some reason..getting me jealous..The looks have totally grown on me :-p

Any news from mixes used by torch users? Would love to hear some..hehe!

Update on my mix anyways (.746 UTS base and sfi with BL Returns)
    Battery right now @ 60% (12 hours of charge on 2G..with mixed use in first 5 hours..while next 7 were practically idle
    Sitting in my pocket while I deal with drunk people at the bar :-p ) so pretty good I guess..lowest the adr goes is 3% going by BBDA..Temp does get warm though, maybe because it was kept in my pocket for a while and gathering heat..hhmm..lol
    a lot of users report while active use 3G uses more battery, it idles at a lower percentage
    MikeyJSydney likes this.
    11-13-12 11:02 AM
    Sorry to hear about your complications , I havent come across this issue , usually for weird errors , 2 solutions are recommended
    1. Before installing the OS make sure the vendor.xml files are deleted
    2. Wipe the fone before the install , using something like bbsak

Have u tried these methods ?
    I've done that... Here's my way of installation.

1. Uninstall previous installed OS from computer, reboot.
    2. Backup 9900 using BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    3. Remove vendor.xml using Vendelete+.
    4. Wipe 9900 using BBSAK.
    5. Install BL Returns and overwrite stock SFI with Vodafone SFI.
    6. Installing new OS using BBSAK (Load OS).

After installation I'm restoring the data using BlackBerry Desktop Software and then I'll install my apps and after that a battery pull. I will then let it run for some hours and then another battery pull and this it when I run into my little issue... But I've since then done three consecutive battery pulls without any issues...

Strange, but it seems to run as intended...
    ifraser likes this.
    11-13-12 11:20 AM
    There is still not an explain on the first page why there are cods attached...
    IRH7.1.zip

Or did i missed something?
    Last edited by WindOfRage; 11-13-12 at 01:32 PM.
    11-13-12 01:03 PM
    A little update...

After a few hours where the hybrid seemed to run fine the phone suddenly turned off and rebooted. But again it rebooted during the boot process and continued doing that 3-4 times. So unfortunately I'm back to stock .746 from UTS Apparently this hybrid is not for my phone for some reason...
    11-13-12 04:31 PM
    Temp does get warm though, maybe because it was kept in my pocket for a while and gathering heat..hhmm..lol
    The phone can't get any colder than the ambient temperature. If it's in your pocket, it will be warmer, because the phone not only can't radiate the heat it's generating, but it's also being warmed by your body heat.
    MikeyJSydney likes this.
    11-13-12 05:59 PM
    back to BL Returns without any doubt!!!!

Sorry but for me not the easiest experience with RC7B2 (hard if not impossible to cover with a single night recharge an entire working day): good ADR just on idle phone status but a total disaster on long phone calls and browsing sessions (as reported on my previous messages);
    Maybe it works well for light and contemplative users (people who love to see on BDA unrealistic ADR values around 0.4% or so )
    No match: today this is "the real OS" for PRO heavy users, can't imagine the performance on V2.0.0....

P.S. getting great performance both with small and fat .714 SFI onboard (both with same signal and ADR quality)

Keep up the good work!
    thanks Zocs & C.
    Last edited by neumann66; 11-13-12 at 07:24 PM.
    ifraser likes this.
    11-13-12 07:09 PM
    has anyone tried it on 9800 os6? thanks,
    11-14-12 12:13 AM
    - Deleted due to irrelevancy -
    Last edited by phatmaan; 11-14-12 at 08:47 AM. Reason: //
    11-14-12 02:21 AM
    There is still not an explain on the first page why there are cods attached...
    IRH7.1.zip

Or did i missed something?
    That's the hybrid BBM, you can copy it to your memory card and then run the jad file to replace the exsisting BBM app.
    11-14-12 02:23 AM
    can Zoc or Ian or Sator or BL team member tell when will the BL Return 2 coming out?
    hehe
    11-14-12 03:04 AM
    a lot of users report while active use 3G uses more battery, it idles at a lower percentage
    oohhhh!! hhm that is interesting, ill see what adr ill get with 3G enabled..thanks

The phone can't get any colder than the ambient temperature. If it's in your pocket, it will be warmer, because the phone not only can't radiate the heat it's generating, but it's also being warmed by your body heat.
    hehe! yea that makes sense..i just realised im seeing all these users saying "wow my batt is soo cool" and i had to remind myself..
    that it is approaching summer here in Sydney..lol!..

Fyi update on adr, there were times when adr when down to 1% overnight while i slept, so goooood sign that the os has been settling
    and it survived up until 730pm (28 hours off charge)

and mdr is non-existant!!!! ..i havent re-installed whatsapp (im scared of the drains..haha) viber is actually quite nice
    in that its minimalistic
    11-14-12 03:33 AM
    Maybe I don't understand what this is actually doing. It is my understanding that it's just copying .cod files over the the base ones already installed. Am I incorrect in my thinking?
    I am not entirely sure why you have quoted my post in that. I was having a joking dig at win 8 rather than talking about the hybrid.

However the hybrid process is indeed just a case of copying the cods into the correct directory over the ones that you
    do not want.

@Greenduck - With out testing process being hectic reloading becomes common place. None of our OS`s have caused reboots on boot up. I would recommend that
    you do a full wipe before you load the OS. After a complete backup of course using Desktop Manager. I can assure you that you will not have boot issues is you have put the
    hybrid files in the correct place.

Btw, try using the 746 sfi file as well. I have been running that during the test. I would wait for v2 this week and reload with that.
    11-14-12 05:21 AM
    can Zoc or Ian or Sator or BL team member tell when will the BL Return 2 coming out?
    hehe
    It is in testing so sometime this week we hope.
    neumann66, sheldonbk and phatmaan like this.
    11-14-12 05:22 AM
    oohhhh!! hhm that is interesting, ill see what adr ill get with 3G enabled..thanks

hehe! yea that makes sense..i just realised im seeing all these users saying "wow my batt is soo cool" and i had to remind myself..
    that it is approaching summer here in Sydney..lol!..

Fyi update on adr, there were times when adr when down to 1% overnight while i slept, so goooood sign that the os has been settling
    and it survived up until 730pm (28 hours off charge)

and mdr is non-existant!!!! ..i havent re-installed whatsapp (im scared of the drains..haha) viber is actually quite nice
    in that its minimalistic
    What combination mix are you using on your torch?
    11-14-12 05:50 AM
    I just installed this OS (OS6) on my phone and everything seems to be working fine except I'm having a majorissue...the browser, it just won't open. The icon is available but when I click on it nothing happens!

A couple of battery pulls didn't work, and another wipe/install didn't help either. Any ideas?
    11-14-12 07:14 AM
    Btw, try using the 746 sfi file as well. I have been running that during the test. I would wait for v2 this week and reload with that.
    Which one are you using, large or small?
    11-14-12 10:32 AM
    What combination mix are you using on your torch? .
    Iam using Base and small sfi from .746 UTS and BL returns..ive been thinking if another sfi like the sfi from .714
    may give better readings..hhmm

What mix have you been using?

Today i download the jingu smileys 3rd part app..and got quite bad memory drainings

like lost 15megs in like 30mins going by tinymeter..
    11-15-12 10:10 PM
879 ... 2223242526 ...