Took the chance and went forward with the process described above...

Anyway, when loading the OS from BBSAK it says that the software on the device is newer than the software I'm trying to load onto the device. I can choose to keep the existing application files on m device or installing the older ones from the App Loader. I'm guessing I should load the older ones since I'm using .746 base with .714 SFI and the java files from BL Returns?
    11-11-12 03:54 AM
    Anyone knows why M̶̲̅γ B, N, J H Y U and enter keys are Ϟ�� working??? Jst works Α̲̅πϑ then doesn't.. Iv wiped Α̲̅πϑ did c∕̴Ɩ reload , still same.. Works �σя c∕̴Ɩ while Α̲̅πϑ stops????
    11-11-12 04:04 AM
    ^^^^^^

Device and os info would be appreciated..hard to help with no info..

However as an assumption..may be hardware based

Ok so i got a 9810 also been running .714 base with BLR 1.0

Very high adr

I am downloading .746 and going to install BLR again

Which sfi should i use

And another noob question how do i get the large 714 sfi?
    I know its in the UMTS folder

But can i just download the sfi online?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I'm just installed 746 os from UTS (small sfi) and BL returns..

So far..today got 8 hours of mixed usage (consistent BBM's and 3 calls).. Unplugged at noon and got home around 9pm..
    With 70% juice still left..not bad and this is without whatsapp..hehe!
    Gonna install viber tomorrow to see how adr goes

Although I tend to agree with the temps..like right now it's on charge and got wifi hotspot working..
    Temp is 33 degrees..a bit warm..but signal is perfect for me so I don't really mind the temp..

In regards to downloading the sfi itself..I've only seen an sfi download in the thread for 9900..
    So not sure about us torch users..
    Maybe someone can help here
    phatmaan likes this.
    11-11-12 05:01 AM
    Took the chance and went forward with the process described above...

Anyway, when loading the OS from BBSAK it says that the software on the device is newer than the software I'm trying to load onto the device. I can choose to keep the existing application files on m device or installing the older ones from the App Loader. I'm guessing I should load the older ones since I'm using .746 base with .714 SFI and the java files from BL Returns?
    Yup! That's right

BL Returns contains a mix of files from different os's

So even one older file inside..that message will pop-up..don't worry..
    It makes you thing your going backward but the BL hybrid is quite a good mix
    Of old and new hehe!

Hope it'll settle well for you

Give feedback so it will help others here

Cheers!
    deezy87 likes this.
    11-11-12 05:08 AM
    Went on with the process I described and everything worked out perfectly. The OS is up and running and has been for an hour or so. I think I need to do some battery pulls before the OS settles. But so far everything works fine. However, right now I can't feel the big difference from my current setup to the setup I ran before (.746 from UTS). It seems the OS is a little bit more responsive. But can't really confirm it.
    phatmaan and maxx71 like this.
    11-11-12 05:25 AM
    Thanks, I've downloaded it but when checking the file property it shows same size
    Clie, the size reported on my post is referred to value showed inside folder/Dimension Column (not through "file Property")

BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-capture1.jpg
    11-11-12 05:41 AM
    Went on with the process I described and everything worked out perfectly. The OS is up and running and has been for an hour or so. I think I need to do some battery pulls before the OS settles. But so far everything works fine. However, right now I can't feel the big difference from my current setup to the setup I ran before (.746 from UTS). It seems the OS is a little bit more responsive. But can't really confirm it.
    That's good

Hopefully you'll see a difference once it settles..

In terms of adr, mdr and speed
    11-11-12 05:45 AM
    Installed on my torch 9810

Overnight idling is 4.0 ADR

With use its around 10+

without wifi bluetooth
    2g mode

Waiting to settle...

11-11-12 08:11 AM
    Installed on my torch 9810

Overnight idling is 4.0 ADR

With use its around 10+

without wifi bluetooth
    2g mode

Waiting to settle...

definately will get better with time and battery pulls
    11-11-12 08:38 AM
    Battery pulls Schedule as per Zocs,

One battery pull post installtion of apps and one before going to bed that night.....then charge overnight.
    Next 2 days 2 battery pulls per day with a gap of at least 6 hours amongst them !
    11-11-12 08:43 AM
    I like this hybrid.... I am installed dakota
    11-11-12 09:27 AM
    I like this hybrid.... I am installed dakota
    All the Very Best !
    Sure you will not Regret.......Enjoy !
    11-11-12 09:45 AM
    Thanks for helping all the new joiners guys.

We are now testing BL Returns v2.0. So it might be
    Out this week.

We also have a new chat facility available on the Blog:

http://www.berrylicio.us/chat

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    sofes, deezy87, sheldonbk and 1 others like this.
    11-11-12 11:59 AM
    just want everybody to know...

Ok We have been persuaded,

For those have been confused with the Ultimate release schedule we moved to BL Returns when
    746 was released. This mix was a collaboration with another of our members.

RC7 B2 was already ready for release but BL Returns became the focus as it still is.
    However by popular domand:

Here is the link to BL Ultimate RC7 B2

It is suitable to be used over 7.1.0.714 , 746 would cause issues unless you use the correct platform.alx

this is an intermediate release but please enjoy if you wish to use it.

Ria- macs are difficult as not many os packages have been released for the OSX machines. If you can get a packaged os 7.1 for OS8 then copy the os files from a pc for 714 or 746 into the directory if it makes one.

Darkeng- if you used 714 as the basic OS then yes 714 is what you will show. At the time RC7 was created that was the latest release.

For info I am now testing the latest BL Returns v2.0 mix.

Out this week.

http://www.berrylicio.us/chat

now im on dilemma
    try rc7b2 or wait for return v2.0
    Last edited by mudepz; 11-11-12 at 12:05 PM. Reason: same timestamp,but a bit late from ifraser's post :p
    11-11-12 11:59 AM
    just want everybody to know...

now im on dilemma
    try rc7b2 or wait for return v2.0

hm...I've loaded RC7B2 last night, I'l gladly give Returns v.20 a shot
    11-11-12 12:05 PM
    We like to give variety but they need to have reliable results before we release them to the wild.

Try BL Utlimate RC7 B2 just now. Its getting good reviews.

phatmaan likes this.
    11-11-12 12:09 PM
    for me small .714 sfi gives better results (ADR 0.3 - 0.2) large is hotter and worst (ADR 0.9%)
    11-12-12 03:30 AM
    i am missing the cooler temps of RCB7 and .714 (large sfi)

Im wondering how BL returns and .714 (small or large sfi) will be like..

So many things to try and so little time..i wanna give RC7B2 a try nowwww..haha!

So many options BL team, its killing me

Fyi i installed viber and didnt know how minimal the app functions were..however battery drain is quite good with use of the app
    compared to whatsapp (in event log, every time whatsapp is opened it pulls updates from everywhere..like status of contacts and there pics)
    viber uses less cpu i guess..
    11-12-12 04:34 AM
    It seems for reading all you good gentlemen's posts , that different people are having different experiences , with different combinations , I think this is due to how the telcom carriers operate and your personal usage patterns, I dont think there is any absolute perfect combination , we just have to see which one suits us best , personally am happy with BL 1 , look forward to BL 2,
    11-12-12 07:11 AM

Out this week.

BL Chat | BerryLicio.us

Just waaaaaaaaitting...

S
    11-12-12 08:58 AM
    That is the hybrid bb messenger, it's totally upto you if you want it or not !
    what do you recommend me?
    11-12-12 02:23 PM
    thank you to post a link to download the "small .714 sfi"
    11-12-12 11:18 PM
    Ran in to a small issue/problem with this hybrid last night. Had some a few battery pulls during the day and wanted to do a last battery pull before I went to sleep and re-charged it. Battery level was around 30% or so...

I pulled the battery and it booted up as usual. When I had to put in the PIN-code it shut down right after I did it. The red LED came on a few times like it was trying to reboot. I had to do a new battery pull. Booted up fine and then the same happened. This happened maybe 3-4 times. When I finally managed to log on I had to login with my BlackBerry ID and I got a message that my phone had registered on the BlackBerry network. I did another BP to see everything was working alright and it booted up as expected but I was again presented with the BlackBerry ID login. Also it seemed that it was very slow in register the BlackBerry network. Finding my normal 3G network was fast, but getting that little BlackBerry icon took 20-30 seconds. Normally it is under 10 seconds.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running .746 from UTS, large Vodafone UK SFI and BL Returns 1.0.0. Would another combo be better? Maybe .746 from UTS including SFI + BL Returns 1.0.0?
    11-13-12 05:06 AM
    Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running .746 from UTS, large Vodafone UK SFI and BL Returns 1.0.0. Would another combo be better? Maybe .746 from UTS including SFI + BL Returns 1.0.0?
    Weird, never happenned to me, or heard of a thing like that. When did you load the hybrid?
    11-13-12 05:20 AM
    Weird, never happenned to me, or heard of a thing like that. When did you load the hybrid?
    I loaded it the day before this happened. So it had about 24 hours of settling time before doing so. The strange thing is that I did several battery pulls after initial installation because I was installing my apps. No issues at that time. I'm now running stock .746 from UTS. I will probably give it a try with .746 including stock SFI and BL Returns. Don't know if large Vodafone UK SFI had something to do with it... Or maybe I should just wait for RC8
    11-13-12 05:39 AM
879 ... 2122232425 ...