Suggest you wipe using BBSAK and if you shrink with BBhtools and load OS with app loader.
    I have got good results using these and no reason why you should not have the same.

All the best and please do keep us posted.
    Thanks I'll give it a shot when I get home, should I go direct to the app_loader or go to it using BBHTools? Or it doesn't make a difference? If I may add I've been having problems with my BBHTools for the past week it says my phone isn't connected while it is but I don't have that problem with DM or JL_Cmder. I do shrink, well it was my first time this past weekend but I do shrink to my liking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-08-12 09:15 AM
    Thanks I'll give it a shot when I get home, should I go direct to the app_loader or go to it using BBHTools? Or it doesn't make a difference? If I may add I've been having problems with my BBHTools for the past week it says my phone isn't connected while it is but I don't have that problem with DM or JL_Cmder. I do shrink, well it was my first time this past weekend but I do shrink to my liking.

I go direct with app loader and suggest you delete BBHtools from your laptop and reinstall.
    Rest you have got covered !
    11-08-12 09:21 AM
    I'm in South Africa, my carrier is Cell C. And I've used RC7B before, same results but I'll give it a try again.

when you look in BBDA. what apps are using the processor the most and what % are they?
    11-08-12 09:29 AM
    Guys,why is this threat?What is the difference between this post and "BerryLicious Hybrid for most 7.1 devices?
    I am still using .658 base with RCB2!
    I was willing to try .714 with the RC7A...
    Suggestions?Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-08-12 09:34 AM
    when you look in BBDA. what apps are using the processor the most and what % are they?
    Currently:
    Backlight is at 6.93%
    Total CPU is at 11.22%
    Tapatalk is at 6.17%
    The rest 4 apps are from 1.3% and below 0.37%
    With ADR at 18.08%

11-08-12 09:36 AM
    I go direct with app loader and suggest you delete BBHtools from your laptop and reinstall.
    Rest you have got covered !
    Thanks yet again.

maxx71 likes this.
    11-08-12 09:38 AM
    Thanks yet again.

Odd, BBH-tool does nothing more than call Java, its got no install on my laptop.

Just download the newest version and try that.

Make sure you have the latest version of DM also.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-08-12 09:40 AM
    Odd, BBH-tool does nothing more than call Java, its got no install on my laptop.

I have version 2.4.9.7a of BBHtools and it deletes vendoe file as well. It has a Launch loader on the left side next to shrink my OS.
    Time to get the latest version, Ian !!! lol
    11-08-12 09:51 AM
    Guys,why is this threat?What is the difference between this post and "BerryLicious Hybrid for most 7.1 devices?
    I am still using .658 base with RCB2!
    I was willing to try .714 with the RC7A...
    Suggestions?Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    This thread is for the latest BL returns ( new name) for OS 7.1.0.746 .
    You can either use .746 base from Rogers with BL returns hybrid or you can use RC7 (on the other thread) with .714 base and sfi ( from Voda UK or Orange UK).
    Make your choice, both are Excellent builds !!!!!!!!
    dark0ne_ likes this.
    11-08-12 09:56 AM

The latest DM is v7.0 right? And I do have the latest BBHTools got it over the weekend but still got the same problem as before.
    11-08-12 10:29 AM
    The latest DM is v7.0 right? And I do have the latest BBHTools got it over the weekend but still got the same problem as before.
    latest version of DM will be available on the official blackberry site and the latest version of bbhtools will be available on lyricidal / @theiexplorers Home Page and i think the latest version is 2.4.9.7a. Hope this helps !
    11-08-12 10:37 AM
    Thanks. Just tried that again and still got the 602 error when loading. Not sure what the solution is.
    ok no problems,

so that was why I suggested opening the one from 649, then the modified one, then taking the new bit and copying into
    the 649 platform to stop any issues.
    11-08-12 11:06 AM
    latest version of DM will be available on the official blackberry site and the latest version of bbhtools will be available on lyricidal / @theiexplorers Home Page and i think the latest version is 2.4.9.7a. Hope this helps !
    BBHTools I got from the site you just mentioned, I'll check for the latest DM now.
    11-08-12 11:14 AM
    I would have suggested that you use the one I posted a couple of pages back but with the 9930 being cdma it might cause issue,

open it : Platform.alx

and compare it with your, then copy the required new sections.
    When I got this working on my 9930, I compared the 9930's Platform.alx (.649) with the Platform.alx from .746. .746 has a number of .cods referenced that .649 doesn't.

I didn't copy the "fileset" sections over, I just took the .cods and added them to the CDMA-GPRS-WLAN filesets that already existed. Some of the filesets are UMA-specific, and will be ignored on the 9930 if you just copy them as-is.

If you're getting .602 errors after loading, try injecting the .CODs I listed in my first post in this thread, or my post in irtehun's 9930 hybrid thread. It should reboot again and work.

Edit: here are the .cods I added:
    net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod
    net_rim_escreen_repository.cod
    net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard_layout480x640.cod
    net_rim_nuance.cod
    net_rim_speech.cod
    net_rim_speech_data_en_US.cod

I'm not sure ALL of the .cods I listed are necessary, but there's little harm in having an unused .COD on the BB.

If I get the time I'll try to wipe and test and post a Platform.alx.
    ifraser likes this.
    11-08-12 11:44 AM
    I think with SA networks being so stable you find that the phone has to work extra hard to get a decent lock on the specified network. And that can have a draining effect on the battery.

PS @ the BL Team, .746 OS for blackberry torch decided to emerge just when I have already loaded a hybrid. My question is can I use .746 base for torch 9810 as a base with rc7b1 or BL Returns hybrid even if it wasn't released at the time when you were testing the hybrid?
    11-08-12 11:53 AM
    Well, here are the results, 6H in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-08-12 12:34 PM
    So let me get this straight. You downloaded and installed 746 for the 9900 on you computer and then isolated the specific cods that you listed from the JAVA folder and manually installed them with BBSAK or some other program? Did you also modify your platform alx to include these? Thank you for your help.
    When I got this working on my 9930, I compared the 9930's Platform.alx (.649) with the Platform.alx from .746. .746 has a number of .cods referenced that .649 doesn't.

I didn't copy the "fileset" sections over, I just took the .cods and added them to the CDMA-GPRS-WLAN filesets that already existed. Some of the filesets are UMA-specific, and will be ignored on the 9930 if you just copy them as-is.

If you're getting .602 errors after loading, try injecting the .CODs I listed in my first post in this thread, or my post in irtehun's 9930 hybrid thread. It should reboot again and work.

Edit: here are the .cods I added:
    net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod
    net_rim_escreen_repository.cod
    net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard_layout480x640.cod
    net_rim_nuance.cod
    net_rim_speech.cod
    net_rim_speech_data_en_US.cod

I'm not sure ALL of the .cods I listed are necessary, but there's little harm in having an unused .COD on the BB.

If I get the time I'll try to wipe and test and post a Platform.alx.
    11-08-12 12:42 PM
    This thread is for the latest BL returns ( new name) for OS 7.1.0.746 .
    You can either use .746 base from Rogers with BL returns hybrid or you can use RC7 (on the other thread) with .714 base and sfi ( from Voda UK or Orange UK).
    Make your choice, both are Excellent builds !!!!!!!!
    Installed vodafone 714 release and what to put RC7A or RC7B?
    Ok but RC7B is just java?Or it is okay,because the RC7A is bigger and it has UMTS in it....that means it will replace the larger 714 sfi?I am with bold 9900...
    11-08-12 12:45 PM
    Installed vodafone 714 release and what to put RC7A or RC7B?
    Ok but RC7B is just java?Or it is okay,because the RC7A is bigger and it has UMTS in it....that means it will replace the larger 714 sfi?I am with bold 9900...
    I found that RC7B1 worked extremely well with Voda.714

Just overwrite the Java files in the base OS with those from the Hybrid Java and you will be good to go.
    dark0ne_ and Sator like this.
    11-08-12 01:03 PM
    I will update first post with the cod u need inserting, namely the virtual keyboard.

Thanks. I tried that originally and Zocster responded that was why it would not load and I needed to make the changes directly to the platform alx that was associated with 649 for the 9930. So yes the CDMA is the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ifraser likes this.
    11-08-12 01:04 PM
    Thank you.
    I will update first post with the cod u need inserting, namely the virtual keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-08-12 01:13 PM
    i found that rc7b1 worked extremely well with voda.714

just overwrite the java files in the base os with those from the hybrid java and you will be good to go.
    god bless you man!
    11-08-12 01:35 PM
    I have version 2.4.9.7a of BBHtools and it deletes vendoe file as well. It has a Launch loader on the left side next to shrink my OS.
    Time to get the latest version, Ian !!! lol
    lol....Funny that, same version as me.

Yes, you are correct, it does all those things, cheers
    11-08-12 01:38 PM
    Day 5...Time for an update..

I've got Rogers 746 and 714 lare sfi, and I must say, I now know what you guys are talking about as far as temps go. Easily 10 degrees cooler on my Bold. Never had temps below 26-28 (and that was low)
    now I've got low temp readings mostly when idle in 16-18, moderate 20's and heavy mid 20's. Amazing.
    As far as battery, not bad. It took a while to settle in, but I can now get 1-2% on idle which for me is great. ADR for the day still at 4-7 depending on usage.
    I have found the biggest drainer for me has to be these messaging apps. BBM (which I use a lot - probably my most used app) is a huge drainer. So it's not just whatsapp - although that one is just as bad if not worse. Also can not switch network connection - so am always on 3G with or without wifi on.
    As far as memory leaks? Lol I won't even go there. I suffer extreme leaks and there is nothing that will stop it, lol. Believe me I have tried. Has to be all my themes, and changing things constantly
    But here's a story....forgot to check tiny meter (I've been lazy lately)...and I was at 0mb memory and my Bold was still kicking. A bit laggy, but was chugging along. LOL.

So for me this hybrid works well Let's see what the future holds
    Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    11-08-12 02:09 PM
    Ok, finally running BLR on my device 9790 Bellagio.
    Walktrough:
    .714 + BLR was a no go. Impossible to boot even adding the famous text line into the Platform.alx file
    .714 sandalone was a pain in the *** hot as h3ll, ADR up to 32... weird.
    .746 + BLR by now its running pretty fine, snappier, temps ok, no mem leaks, ADR 2%... (wifi, 3G-2G always on, amazing signal strenght)
    will see.

Anybody has experienced heat rising after updating BBID to the latest version?
    ifraser likes this.
    11-08-12 02:19 PM
879 ... 1617181920 ...