Just sharing my experience when helping my friends upgrading their 9790, the main complaint from them was about the temperature issue.
    It can be because the network in my city that not that stable or their style in using the phone (themes, frequent calls etc).
    Hope what I mentioned are the case for the 9790 heat and you can get a "cool" phone once it settled
    I hope the heating up issue gets sorted once it settles. Also being a new device might be the issue !
    Let me give it a couple of more days, maybe it will get better.

On the 9900 i always got great results from day 1 with BL Hybrids.
    11-07-12 09:03 AM
    I hope the heating up issue gets sorted once it settles. Also being a new device might be the issue !
    Let me give it a couple of more days, maybe it will get better.

On the 9900 i always got great results from day 1 with BL Hybrids.
    Any new on your poorly 9900 ???
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    11-07-12 09:04 AM
    Any new on your poorly 9900 ???
    Not yet Legal,

They said over the weekend maybe !
    I am missing my 9900 big time !
    How is BL returns working on your device ?
    11-07-12 09:11 AM
    Not yet Legal,

They said over the weekend maybe !
    I am missing my 9900 big time !
    How is BL returns working on your device ?
    Hope that you get the 9900 back soon.

To be honest, I haven't found Returns to be a deall different to 7B1, maybe slightly better signal strength in poor reception areas but heavier on teh battery when using Bluetooth.

Pretty much six and two threes I think.

Problem is that 7B1 was so very good it really is hard to improve on other than marginally.

The team have done such a good job in develpoment since RC1 that it must be near impossible to gain huge chunks of performance with a new build.
    maxx71 and sheldonbk like this.
    11-07-12 09:15 AM
    The other small differences are mainly down to the OS, the coloured alerts, new maps etc.

Maxx, as for your heat, How many days have you had it on, and did you say it was a 9790 just now that
    you had?
    11-07-12 09:23 AM
    Hope that you get the 9900 back soon.

To be honest, I haven't found Returns to be a deall different to 7B1, maybe slightly better signal strength in poor reception areas but heavier on teh battery when using Bluetooth.

Pretty much six and two threes I think.

Problem is that 7B1 was so very good it really is hard to improve on other than marginally.

The team have done such a good job in develpoment since RC1 that it must be near impossible to gain huge chunks of performance with a new build.
    Agree with you that 7b1 was the best till date and very hard to be improved upon !
    I did not have much joy with Bl returns as the first time it was not performing to the expectations that we are so used to with BL hybrids and the second time it nuked.
    The bluetooth issue seems to worry me again but this time it is with 9790, 7b had sorted out that issue.
    Legal Eagle and sheldonbk like this.
    11-07-12 09:24 AM
    The other small differences are mainly down to the OS, the coloured alerts, new maps etc.

Maxx, as for your heat, How many days have you had it on, and did you say it was a 9790 just now that
    you had?
    @ Ian, i have had this new 9790 for 2 days now.
    11-07-12 09:26 AM
    Agree with you that 7b1 was the best till date and very hard to be improved upon !
    I did not have much joy with Bl returns as the first time it was not performing to the expectations that we are so used to with BL hybrids and the second time it nuked.
    The bluetooth issue seems to worry me again but this time it is with 9790, 7b had sorted out that issue.
    Yeah, .746 just seems to have some added bells and whistles for those who don't use AOS or Beebuzz etc for notification lights rather than anything performance enhancing, and comes with teh added benefits of a worse .sfi too.

.714 seems to be the best official OS so far IMO and is really awesome with 7B1. Maybe Sator could tweak it a little but I really doubt it can be improved upon.
    11-07-12 09:35 AM
    Yeah, .746 just seems to have some added bells and whistles for those who don't use AOS or Beebuzz etc for notification lights rather than anything performance enhancing, and comes with teh added benefits of a worse .sfi too.

.714 seems to be the best official OS so far IMO and is really awesome with 7B1. Maybe Sator could tweak it a little but I really doubt it can be improved upon.
    You forget our dear .658, which again was a good OS
    11-07-12 09:39 AM
    yeah i was getting brill results with rc7b1 but we had that for ages, so the best is yet to come with this os!
    11-07-12 10:46 AM
    OK... haven't reported in with this OS yet.. Installed Rogers 746 base. Approx 5 days in. So definitely settled. I didn't realize there was a hybrid BBM so it's been upgraded by App World. Usage has been moderate/high for me with a mix of BBM & T4BB as the apps used most often with Phone & Email (more inbound then outbound) and some audio playback and almost no video.
    On Rogers so not surprised that my Rogers 9900 definitely likes this sfi. What is surprising to me is just how exceptional network connection and strength is. 2G only 4% (lowest I've seen, possibly ever). 4-5 bars almost 90%. Totally unprecedented results there, better even I believe than 746 pure OS. (One day I should keep notes of these performance results from each OS & hybrid.)
    Some initial lag (1st day for sure as I knew it was time to do battery pulls based on significant lag). Otherwise no issues except VVM (as usual) creates significant lag after calls go to voicemail and when opened. As a result, my ADR is much higher than it would be if I dropped VVM and went back to conventional voice mail system, which I'm not prepared to do (yet). Performance is noticeably better on weekdays when I get calls and the occasional one goes to voicemail. There has been the odd BL hybrid which VVM seems to agree more with. I wish I knew which ones. This one, although it really likes Rogers network from an sfi point of view is generating more than usual lag from VVM.
    ADR was in the 3's on weekend but that was also during settling in period so no true weekend numbers after the typical settlement period yet. I never see numbers in the 2's so 3's for me is extremely solid.
    ADR (BBDA) 4.57% (total for the 5 days) - with daily ranges from 3-6%, only one day at 6%, otherwise mostly 3.5-4.5%, including surprisingly the first 2 days, which I expect normally to be closer to 5-10%. I find I have been getting to about 8pm without a charge and occasionally I can go to 11/midnight without a charge or battery swap. Actually I just realized that although I carry 2 spare batteries, I haven't had to do a battery swap during the day at all. So, pretty much full day of usage without a charge, which I'm very happy with. Can't complain.
    2 apps above 1% CPU - VVM approx. 2%, fileindexservice 1.07%
    I can't report in without thanking the BL team, iKing, who I don't know but have heard did a ton of work on this hybrid, Sator, Zocs, Ian and anyone else involved. Thanks again!!
    clie610 and neumann66 like this.
    11-07-12 12:09 PM
    My 9810 torch however is as always very picky and works best with very few mixes. My phone is almost always idle with a bbm or tweet or whatsapp msg however on this mix it lasts from 8am to atleast 7pm with 20percent battery still left. Yesterday it went from 8am to 8pm, i was impressed but I reckon it can do even better. Don't know whether to give rc7b1 another try - It was the coolest, temp wise, mix that i have ever tried. Very difficult to find a mix that really improves on a 9810 torch because all the success stories I read are from 9900 users and I thought it had an even worse battery. So logic would suggest I should naturally get better results or maybe i'm mistaken.

But yea its a toss up between v4 of AT_T mix or rc7b1. Will report back tomorrow once I decide tonight on which to put and see how it fares till sunday.
    Awesome mix just my fussy phone that dsnt seem to comply. No offence to the hybrid makers and much kudos to them.
    11-07-12 12:58 PM
    Just curious why you lock it to 2G and not 3G? Not sure if in your area you maybe have congestion issues with 3G during peak times or you are generally in a poor area for coverage? I leave mine in 3G as I enjoy the faster data speeds and find the coverage in my area far superior and more stable and all new network deployment is 3G anyways.

On Rogers so not surprised that my Rogers 9900 definitely likes this sfi. What is surprising to me is just how exceptional network connection and strength is. 2G only 4% (lowest I've seen, possibly ever). 4-5 bars almost 90%. Totally unprecedented results there, better even I believe than 746 pure OS. (One day I should keep notes of these performance results from each OS & hybrid.)
    11-07-12 02:37 PM
    Waiting for the OS 6 version. Btw, got a few questions. How do I recognize the 'larger' version of any sfi? What's the difference between large and short versions and how you recognize them?
    11-07-12 04:02 PM
    Just curious why you lock it to 2G and not 3G? Not sure if in your area you maybe have congestion issues with 3G during peak times or you are generally in a poor area for coverage? I leave mine in 3G as I enjoy the faster data speeds and find the coverage in my area far superior and more stable and all new network deployment is 3G anyways.
    No I'm in a major city on Rogers network and coverage is generally excellent. I do occasionally drop a call but otherwise can't complain at all about the network. I think my 9900 switches to 2G sometimes when I'm in the basement at home. I normally leave it on 2G/3G+ and haven't tried leaving it on 3G only. It seems to me that people with battery issues used to get much better battery life by locking to 2G only. I don't remember hearing much about this recently though.
    11-07-12 04:29 PM
    Well, I am back onto Voda_UK 714/large SFI/BLRC7B1 (BB9900). After about 4 days on .746/large SFI/BL returns v1, I did not really see much benefit. Temps hovered around 26' and it was a toss up if 3/4G really locked in better with better signal . So, before going back to 714/BLRC7B1, I strayed (yea I am guilty.lol). A hybrid thread (Extreme) seemed to have a lot of hoopla on why their hybrid is the best etc... I gave it a shot. I always wipe my OS before new installs. I did there too. Anyway, after loading, when pressing a key at random it would reset itself but what I was really worried about was Blackberry Apps Store! Name was wrong and looking for a number of somekind and I could not log in and some foreign city in Europe came up-jeez- enough of that. Then my BB9900 just went into 507 error code. So after about 4 hours fighting trying to get back my previous OS I finally loaded it. I am now a happy camper with BL again. But I think I will stick with 714 as 746 don't impress me at all although It may work for some but not for moi.
    ria__x likes this.
    11-07-12 07:16 PM
    Hello everyone i've been trying to load this hybrid on my bb 9930 for the last couple of days with no luck keeping on getting a 602 error. I'm @ a lost , can someone plz help me and point me in the right direction as to where is the 649 edited alx file so i can try again. Thanks and have a great day. Bobby
    11-07-12 07:27 PM
    okay okay okay, call me dumb but im lost. I have never installed a hybrid. My only issue is, when I download BL Returns, I run it, and where does it go?? I know I need to copy it over the existing Java folder, but where does BL Returns extract the files to?? Maybe im doing this wrong.

I installed .746, then DLed BL Returns. In the directions, it says install to the Java folder, do I actually put BL Returns in the Java folder??
    Thanks guys.
    11-07-12 10:04 PM
    okay okay okay, call me dumb but im lost. I have never installed a hybrid. My only issue is, when I download BL Returns, I run it, and where does it go?? I know I need to copy it over the existing Java folder, but where does BL Returns extract the files to?? Maybe im doing this wrong.

I installed .746, then DLed BL Returns. In the directions, it says install to the Java folder, do I actually put BL Returns in the Java folder??
    Thanks guys.
    when installed BL Return,you will find this setup

BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-1.jpg

klik browse and choose the java folder inside your os folder

BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-2.jpg
    BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-3.jpg

and go through the rest of the setup

OR

you can choose new folder,and after that copy and paste it to the java folder
    11-07-12 10:21 PM
    Day 4, not looking too good. Signal used to be mostly 4G at work, now its on edge/gsm a lot. Battery more or less the same, can't really tell.

I used the large 714 SFI from Tmobile Europe since I have Tmobile USA, should I try Voda since most people report good results?
    11-07-12 10:24 PM
    Good day. Firstly thanks to everyone involved with yet another flawless build. You guys set the bar higher n never fail to deliver with each build. This build is my favourite of the lot so keep up the excellent work. I would however like to know if it is possible to use this build with the 523 sfi or is that too outdated? I feel for where I'm residing, this sfi provides the best signal lock and my battery temp also runs the coolest as well. I'm currenttly using the smaller 714 sfi. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dj_pavo; 11-08-12 at 01:29 AM.
    11-07-12 11:12 PM
    I've done everything u said, why didnt i get ADR lower than 1%?
    Well, can I add one more condition?
    with idle you get more or less 1%, with moderate usage maybe around 2-3%.
    It really depends on your usage pattern. If on idle it should be around 1% on adr.

and btw I set no refresh time for twitter, FB, blackberry news. since when I open the app it will automatically refreshes itself. and no vibration at all<<<<<waste battery
    mrharrisparks likes this.
    11-07-12 11:28 PM
    Well, can I add one more condition?
    with idle you get more or less 1%, with moderate usage maybe around 2-3%.
    It really depends on your usage pattern. If on idle it should be around 1% on adr.

and btw I set no refresh time for twitter, FB, blackberry news. since when I open the app it will automatically refreshes itself. and no vibration at all<<<<<waste battery
    same setup as you and i get 0-1% adr on idle.
    11-08-12 01:28 AM
    Thanks for the man with the screenshots, big help for those new to Hybrid OS installs.

Hope that you have managed now to get the OS installed,

We Have a treat today for OS 6 users, BL Returns for OS6 is here :

BL Returns OS6 v3.0.0

Serial number
    26115-47450-56756
    Sator, mayanka, ReBeL25 and 4 others like this.
    11-08-12 02:40 AM
    I have to ask, what's with the serial numbers?
    11-08-12 05:52 AM
879 ... 1415161718 ...