Use .746
    Its available for your phone
    Will give it a try, thanks.
    11-06-12 06:21 AM
    just installed this hybrid return using .746 base os and large .714 SFI im getting alot of those small black clocks and hangs alot... is this normal? or a bad install?
    Not normal.
    ifraser likes this.
    11-06-12 06:24 AM
    just installed this hybrid return using .746 base os and large .714 SFI im getting alot of those small black clocks and hangs alot... is this normal? or a bad install?
    Certainly not normal in my experience. The only spinning clock I have seen was when downloading apps after installing the OS.

Did you wipe prior to install ?
    ifraser likes this.
    11-06-12 06:26 AM
    Getting higher battery discharge on this one when using Bluetooth in the car than I did with RC7B1

As signal is slightly stronger with this build I guess it must be a little more power hungry on Bluetooth.

Any chance of addressing this on V2 guys ?
    Haven�t noticed that... been using it almost always out of the car.
    11-06-12 06:27 AM
    Certainly not normal in my experience. The only spinning clock I have seen was when downloading apps after installing the OS.

Did you wipe prior to install ?
    yes i wiped prior to install, but while installing the usb cable was loose so i kept pressing retry..
    11-06-12 06:28 AM
    yes i wiped prior to install, but while installing the usb cable was loose so i kept pressing retry..
    Does sound as though you have had a bad install caused by the loose USB.

Looks as though a re load is in order, sorry dude.
    11-06-12 06:31 AM
    You have a corrupt install for definite, wipe again and make sure the cable is secure.

Also do fresh app installs to stop any issues
    11-06-12 06:31 AM
    Hi All,

Some bad news to report here, had downloaded Bl returns on Saturday and was getting very high ADr and drop in signals. Gave it full 2 days with the settling period and it went worst (ADr was 18.8).
    Assuming it was a bad install, i reloaded with complete wipe and reinstalled all apps and left it for overnight charge with signal switched off and to my horror woke up with the device dead !

Have given it for repair at the bb service center and hope it could be revived, the service center guys are also not very sure of it coming back to life.
    Am now on a new bb9790, any suggestions as to which BL is good for 9790 ?
    11-06-12 07:01 AM
    Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know that the hybrids after 342 onwards cannot work with VOIP softwares. I dont know how many user use the VOIP for calling but I use it daily and was struggling to make it work from 714 onwards. I realized that the newer versions including the hybrids do not support VOIP ports. I had to unfortunately roll back my updates to 342 and now find the voip to be working absolutely fine.
    Thanks for everyone but I think I am unlucky to be not able to try the awesome hybrids which I absolutely loved.

PS: Meanwhile if there is any hybrid I can install over my 342, then please let me know. I will stick to it forever
    11-06-12 07:02 AM
    You have a corrupt install for definite, wipe again and make sure the cable is secure.

Also do fresh app installs to stop any issues
    did a fresh install, works good now, thanks guys
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-06-12 07:02 AM
    Hi All,

Some bad news to report here, had downloaded Bl returns on Saturday and was getting very high ADr and drop in signals. Gave it full 2 days with the settling period and it went worst (ADr was 18.8).
    Assuming it was a bad install, i reloaded with complete wipe and reinstalled all apps and left it for overnight charge with signal switched off and to my horror woke up with the device dead !

Have given it for repair at the bb service center and hope it could be revived, the service center guys are also not very sure of it coming back to life.
    Hey Maxx

Bummed to hear that your 9900 has died on you.

For the 9790 you have .746 available so you can run BL Return
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...830F21CF6A9A32

Or head back to RC7B1 with .714
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...075FF170B55D50

Hope you get the 9900 back soon
    maxx71, BoldAlways and phatmaan like this.
    11-06-12 07:13 AM
    Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know that the hybrids after 342 onwards cannot work with VOIP softwares. I dont know how many user use the VOIP for calling but I use it daily and was struggling to make it work from 714 onwards. I realized that the newer versions including the hybrids do not support VOIP ports. I had to unfortunately roll back my updates to 342 and now find the voip to be working absolutely fine.
    Thanks for everyone but I think I am unlucky to be not able to try the awesome hybrids which I absolutely loved.

PS: Meanwhile if there is any hybrid I can install over my 342, then please let me know. I will stick to it forever
    could you let us know which voip softwares you are using? Thanks!
    11-06-12 07:14 AM
    Hey Maxx

Bummed to hear that your 9900 has died on you.

For the 9790 you have .746 available so you can run BL Return
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...830F21CF6A9A32

Or head back to RC7B1 with .714
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...075FF170B55D50

Hope you get the 9900 back soon
    Thanks for the concern !
    Never happened to me hence not sure what might have gone wrong !

Thanks for the link, i will load it with .746 with large .714sfi ( believe it or not 9790 has the big sfi for 9790 voda).
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-06-12 07:17 AM
    Hi All,

Interesting. I have installed .714 with RC7B1 on my BB9790 and it appears to be working with voip ok. I have not tried long voip calls but the short ones work. I use both Blackvoib and Vmobile on my BB9790.
    I also have, on my BB9900, .746/large SFI/ Bl returns v1, and my bb9900 works using Blackvoib and FGvoip (although I have not extensively run long tests, rather just short phone calls in/out and it seems to work ok).
    I am in Methuen, Ma, USA. I don't know if that helps. I am also on Tmobile which is GSM (cdma, from what I understand is a real biatch to get to work voip).

Also, with both Blackvoib and FGvoip, you can specify ports to use but don't seem to be able to do so with Vmobile.
    chaihg likes this.
    11-06-12 07:20 AM
    Hi All,

That is bad news mate, sorry to hear that,

The BL Returns OS itself is solid but what OS did you install as the base?

It could be worth a reinstall with the 714, or 746 sfi rather than whatever one you were using.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-06-12 07:28 AM
    Waiting for OS6...please..thankss
    Ready upgrade from BL Ultimate to Returns

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-06-12 07:28 AM
    Sorry to hear about that , If in the event your bb9900 is revived , please kindly let us know on this read at what happened , i've had some bad installs and weird errors too , so this is alarming for me

Hi All,

maxx71 likes this.
    11-06-12 07:51 AM
    I tried this last night adding the cods listed to my platform alx. I still got the 602 error. Is there something else that needs to be done, as just adding this text with notepad to the platform alx did not seem to work. Getting a little frustrated at not being able to load this onto 9930. Any help would be appreciated.
    Edit:

If you add your platform alx, I will post the files on first post specifically for the 9930 when I get out of bed.

Thanks!

I had a gut feeling about this one, but never thought it would have mattered.

But obviously did.

The virtual keyboard should only affect the navbar on the map.

Nuance and speech are for vad, so it may have mattered also.

I will post this on 1st post.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-06-12 08:21 AM
    Hi All,

sorry to hear that mate, hope that your device can be revived.....
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-06-12 08:52 AM
    That is bad news mate, sorry to hear that,

The BL Returns OS itself is solid but what OS did you install as the base?

It could be worth a reinstall with the 714, or 746 sfi rather than whatever one you were using.
    Thanks Ian for the Concern !
    I do really miss my 9900 (Big Time) !

I used the .746 as the base and .714 big sfi both times.
    Although i am sure i installed everything as per the routine the second time but am not very sure what could have caused it to go blank on me.

I now have got a new 9790 and have installed .714 base and sfi from voda ( fat sfi)........i have installed RC7b1 this time.
    11-06-12 08:58 AM
    Sorry to hear about that , If in the event your bb9900 is revived , please kindly let us know on this read at what happened , i've had some bad installs and weird errors too , so this is alarming for me
    Thanks for your Concern , phatmaan !
    I have been installing BL hybrids for a quite some time and am pretty sure that Hybrid would not have caused my device to die on me, so you can be rest assured with context to hybrid causing any harm to the device !
    This could have been caused by an electricity surge since i live in an apartment which has a Generator back up, i am not sure how it happened so your guess is as good as mine in this case.
    I doubt that bb service center might also have any answers but i hope they either revive it or give me a replacement 9900.

Keeping my fingers crossed !!!!!!
    phatmaan likes this.
    11-06-12 09:07 AM
    Hi All,

Hi, Maxx... Sorry to read that, friend... I guess that�s why you never received my bbm�s...
    Did you tried to bring him to life? Using the loader without battery ...?
    I really hope that all goes well with the repair, Bro.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-06-12 09:08 AM
    sorry to hear that mate, hope that your device can be revived.....
    Thanks for the concern clie610, i too hope it either gets revived or i get a replacement........keeping my fingers crossed !
    11-06-12 09:13 AM
    Hi, Maxx... Sorry to read that, friend... I guess that�s why you never received my bbm�s...
    Did you tried to bring him to life? Using the loader without battery ...?
    I really hope that all goes well with the repair, Bro.
    Thanks BoldAlways,
    Have tried all the tricks that i could ( was at it for more than 6hours yeaterday night) .
    I have just updated my new device with RC7b1 and have managed to restore all my contacts etc.

Backup is a Must for me everytime i load an OS hence there was no sweat on that count !

Hope i get it back cause 9790 is a wonderful device but one gets real typing pleasure in 9900 not to mention a wee bit bigger screen.

Will keep all posted on the developments !
    11-06-12 09:21 AM
    When I install the exe to the java folder it's not asking me if I want to overwrite the existing files. What am I doing wrong?
    I haven�t done like that. I have created a dummy folder and installed there. After that is just the usual copy past move
    11-06-12 09:31 AM
879 ... 1112131415 ...