using .714 sfi or not make no difference to the installation procedure. It is merely a radio file for blackberry.
    Have you deleted the vendor file?

And, btw, does anyone here has meterberry ota download link? the one on meterberry.com appear to be down
    11-04-12 02:19 AM
    Thanx for the speedy reply Zocster , I dont see any Vendor files , I remember reading about a hidden Vendor file , can you please tell me where this would be
    11-04-12 02:22 AM
    here, use this, easy peasy.VENDELETE+
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/
    11-04-12 02:25 AM

And, btw, does anyone here has meterberry ota download link? the one on meterberry.com appear to be down
    http://bb.anci.web.id/OTA/MeterBerry/MeterBerry.jad there ... Don't ask for keys lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 02:27 AM
    here, use this, easy peasy.VENDELETE+
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/
    Thanx for this !! Seems like I didnt have any vendor files anyways .... I removed the Base OS and started fresh !! Seems to be installing now , fingers crossed all will go well

EDIT to post - Installation went SMOOTH this time round !! Thanx for all the assistance
    Last edited by 1FlyTDi; 11-04-12 at 02:58 AM.
    11-04-12 02:46 AM
    I too had issues when doing the whole process. It seems that the installer is meant to be noob friendly however since we are used to things the hard way, the noob friendly way confused some of us. Installed fine, already had the base ready. Went with large .714 base plus sfi because i didn't have any other sfi backed up and was too eager to test this. edited the platform file just fine placing it amongst the cod files. wiped with bbsak then ran loader and alas no OS found. After a few secs I realized i hadn't deleted the vendor file, kicked myself and did that, ran loader again and once again no OS found. luckily I had vandelete on my pc, ran that and it found one sneaky lil vendor file an got rid of it. After that loader ran fine install went smoothly.
    First boot was one of the longest but the following boots have been quicker.
    As for OS speed is just as fast if not faster than previous mix rc7b1 + .714 base.
    Only app issue was appworld as i was upgrading it got COD invalid error but after reboot all went well.
    Too early to gauge battery life and it's the one area I'm really hoping to have improved
    .746 cods bring led lights to us torch users 9810, noticed that when you long press the blackberry key to see running apps, a small section apears at the top left corner of that screen saying switch application. So far those are the only new things i've noticed. Thanks BL team.
    11-04-12 03:02 AM
    What is the name of the app used in your screenshot ?? I dont get anything under meterberry

You can install Capture It 1.4
    Scan image below for OTA Download
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1-capture-v1.4.png  
    zocster likes this.
    11-04-12 03:45 AM
    Time for replacement hardware!
    Is it possible to replace wireless antenna in 9900 devices?
    My device is not on contract and for me unfortunately there is no replacement option free of charge.
    11-04-12 04:06 AM
    Its ok if I rename my file radio .sfi to 9860.sfi or Monza.sfi on this Berrylicious Hybrids Returns?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 04:29 AM
    I don't think so it is possible to rename in other name for the .sfi. why not just put different radio .sfi into different folder and name that particular folder in different name?

anyone here has problem for the BB to register BIS on the network?
    everything went well except that mine seems to stuck on the registration
    11-04-12 04:40 AM
    installed BL return on 9860 with base .714 and large sfi around 10 hrs back. Its very fast compare with RC7B1 and slightly increased temp.
    11-04-12 05:08 AM
    Is it possible to use different colours indicators with this hybrid on 9860? I am using this hybrid since last 10 hrs but didn't find option how to change led colours.
    11-04-12 05:20 AM
    hi dudes how can I buy a meterberry for my BB9900? have searched over but in vain
    11-04-12 05:36 AM
    Is it possible to use different colours indicators with this hybrid on 9860? I am using this hybrid since last 10 hrs but didn't find option how to change led colours.
    Go to sound and profile alert.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 05:37 AM
    Did you register host routing table?

I don't think so it is possible to rename in other name for the .sfi. why not just put different radio .sfi into different folder and name that particular folder in different name?

anyone here has problem for the BB to register BIS on the network?
    everything went well except that mine seems to stuck on the registration

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 05:41 AM
    Did you register host routing table?

BerryLicio.us
    Yes. Tried but still not working.
    Never mind, am trying to install again, but now on 714 base with large .714 sfi.
    majority seems to go for .746 base.
    Try to go opposite and try my luck :P
    will report back
    11-04-12 05:45 AM
    Don't forget the platform alx from 746.

Or add the line to 714

Yes. Tried but still not working.
    Never mind, am trying to install again, but now on 714 base with large .714 sfi.
    majority seems to go for .746 base.
    Try to go opposite and try my luck :P
    will report back

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 05:47 AM
    and by the way, I seriously think RIM should've recruit you guys (whoever in BL team that build the hybrid).
    NONE, literally NONE of RIM stock base can compete to even RC1 ultimate. Not to mention RC7B1 and now BL returns
    zocster, BoldAlways and moniza like this.
    11-04-12 05:47 AM
    On this release I seem to have NO 2G only option again for my network so running on 3G now and I'm getting an avg discharge rate of 17.4% no wonder my batery lasts half a day on 3G. Note this is with whatsapp open , no BBM an no Calls , so cant imagine what it goes up to when I'm going back to work tomorow

If I replace my .sfi file with a previous version where I use to have the 2G option , will this give me the 2G option on the new version aswell ?? OR what can I do to better this as I see other people reaching 1.5% discharge on 3G
    11-04-12 05:52 AM
    Less than 24 hours in but first impressions are very good.

Compared to RC7B1 with Large .714 .sfi initial feelings are:

Slower boot time
    Battery already at same level on light weekend use
    Temp same
    Signal seems a little stronger in poor reception areas (RC7B1 was already best in this respect)

Will continue with battery pull schedule and see what normal weekday usage brings, but very encouraging start.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    11-04-12 05:54 AM
    What sfi is that?

And please give more info.

Can't help you if not.

Hardware, carrier etc etc.
    On this release I seem to have NO 2G only option again for my network so running on 3G now and I'm getting an avg discharge rate of 17.4% no wonder my batery lasts half a day on 3G. Note this is with whatsapp open , no BBM an no Calls , so cant imagine what it goes up to when I'm going back to work tomorow

If I replace my .sfi file with a previous version where I use to have the 2G option , will this give me the 2G option on the new version aswell ?? OR what can I do to better this as I see other people reaching 1.5% discharge on 3G

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 06:00 AM
    What sfi is that?

And please give more info.

Can't help you if not.

Hardware, carrier etc etc.

BerryLicio.us
    Im using MTN ( I am from South Africa , our 3G is pretty ty to start off with ) I am using a bold 9900. I think the version was .658 where I used to have the option of 2G , because on .714 I also didnt have the 2G option

Edit - I did a battery pull now and its sitting at 47.7 discharge rate
    11-04-12 06:08 AM
    you don't need to unless you use the "dakota" alx file from Zoc
    for 9900 installers
    pay attention: do not replace native .746 ALX files with Dakota ALX or OS installation will fail (happened to me 2 times)
    keep original .746 ALX
    11-04-12 06:11 AM
    658 should work

And high discharge rate is expected after a pull.

Again don't forget the single line of code.

Im using MTN ( I am from South Africa , our 3G is pretty ty to start off with ) I am using a bold 9900. I think the version was .658 where I used to have the option of 2G , because on .714 I also didnt have the 2G option

Edit - I did a battery pull now and its sitting at 47.7 discharge rate

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 06:13 AM
    I only had to add a single line of code on to the platform alx.

I posted it on first post.

for 9900 installers
    pay attention: do not replace native .746 ALX files with Dakota ALX or OS installation will fail (happened to me 2 times)
    keep original .746 ALX

BerryLicio.us
    11-04-12 06:14 AM
879 ... 34567 ...