09-03-14 10:17 AM
354 ... 12131415
tools
    Just want to throw it out there like the posting a few lines back.... Version 6 is out. This was released in June....very outdated for those of us that like to stay current.

Version 6 FTW!
    01-12-12 08:23 PM
    this is nice... now my torch is left with 272mb free memory(even after installing nearly 30 3rd party apps)... awesome work.... is there any way to get 0s 7 browser for os6
    01-14-12 12:19 AM
    This is very much similar to loading a official os
    As everything was mentioned clearly in instructions... i would just give u few tips for installaiton process

1. use BBSAK to back up all 3rd party apps. use Desktop manager to back up settings,application permisions,emails,sms etc...

2.REPLACE THE CONTENTS OF BASE OS WITH HYBRID OS....
    //First install base os(current os of ur blackberry such 6.0.0706 or something like that). After this, empty that os folder by deleting all the contents in the folder(dont delete the folder). Then install hybrid os into that empty folder.//

3.wipe the device using BBSAK..
    4. when the device starts rebooting, run Apploader which is present in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader...
    Here we should be a bit tricky...
    if the apploader doesnt recognise ur device open Desktop Manager immediately....
    if both failed to recognise... Do a battery pull.. Then BBsak will recognise the device for sure, select LOAD OS option in it(BBSAK)
    5. Its all done.. Restore settings from DM and 3rd party apps from BBSAK
    01-14-12 01:10 AM
    is this a new one?
    01-15-12 02:34 AM
    looking the same for 9100
    01-15-12 06:36 AM
    Please be gentle, I'm new to all this. I want to use the Hybrid version of os6 on my Bold 9700 as the official version is very slow. Just a couple of questions.

Will I need to do the 3 battery pulls, 6 hours apart every day?

If it all goes pear shaped can I restore from desktop manager?

Many thanks
    01-25-12 03:17 PM
    Welcome to the hybrid family.

This is easy to install and no its only the 1st day you need to do the battery
    Pulls. Just till the phone settles.

There have been a few updates since this release of the hybrid so
    Make sure you get the berrylicious 4 friends hybrid.

If it helps you can join our blog by following the link in my signature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sadsfan likes this.
    01-25-12 03:29 PM
    Thanks very much, I went to Berrylicio.us and have downloaded Berrylicious 6 and friends from the Hybrid O/S section, hope thats the right one!
    01-25-12 03:59 PM
    Should be, anything on the blog and forum is up to date as we only launched it officially last week.

Have fun and let us know if you need help.

01-25-12 04:01 PM
    Will do, and thanks again.
    01-25-12 04:13 PM
    Everything went according to plan, although VNBButil didn't restore all my apps which meant a bit of a faff re-installing from App World. The only problem I have got is that all the message tones have gone. Is that normal? Can you download BlackBerry message tones from the net?
    01-26-12 11:08 AM
    This does happen occasionally if you haven't checked it in the loader
    Install.

They are available from a few places but check ou rroyy.com I am sure
    They are on there for OTA install.

01-26-12 11:22 AM
    Got some off the Blackberry website. Have to say the Hybrid is fantastic! Everything is running very smoothly and I'm no longer getting the wait for the little clock/timer anymore.
    01-26-12 03:22 PM
    Hi ppl, I've just came to realize about this hybrid for blackberry and have done so with my 9900 bold. Now I'm currently finding for 9700 os and i found this thread but I do not know if there's a new update to this version of hybrid. Can anyone please link me a page where i can download the new updates on this hybrid version? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    02-05-12 09:41 PM
    oh yes and btw, can I back up the apps and contacts through the DM rather than using BBSAK?
    02-05-12 09:45 PM
    Anyone entecountering this problem? My 9780 boot up screen stucks at the end of the loading bar. Any idea how to solve this? Im pretty sure i did install correctly
    02-05-12 11:05 PM
    Your message is in good time. We have a beta in testing this week of a replacement
    Hybrid.

Your best bet will be to keep an eye on BerryLicio.us which is our new
    Official Blog and forum.

We will be updating that soon and posting of crackberry also.
    02-06-12 02:20 AM
    Where should we insert the alx files of universal search exactly?
    you mean in the base os file ? where all the files are theree too
    ANSWER QUICKLY PLEASE
    10-07-12 12:42 PM
    We might be good but not at everyones back and call. Lol

You asked too quickly, I never read it, the alx files have to go in the OS directory before you load it on the phone.

You use bbh or similar to load the cods, it will automatically insert it in the correct place on the phone and reboot it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-07-12 01:00 PM
    Sounds like a project with only one question. Why so many battery pulls? I don't have to do that with the current OS, so can someone tell me if this is the latest/greatest? for the 9700
    should it be easier on the user. Pulling the battery every 6 hours (4 times a day, 28 times a week, 196 times a year seems like a waste of time), guess I'll stick with plan A and go out
    and purchase the 9900, will be a lot less time consuming.
    12-21-12 02:53 PM
    Hi all new to the community, i have a bb 9700, i am trying to install a fresh installion of berrylicious os6/7, but its stuck loading files on apploader. any ideas on how to get to this to processed to the end. i have restarted it twice and no luck.
    05-11-13 10:07 AM
    Please elaborate, like while you're trying to load the OS via app loader? Where does it hang/freeze/get stuck?

Try to run CCleaner, restart the PC, try to load again. Also it kind of helps to wipe before loading, if you're familiar with that sort of thing.

Also, are you using the appropriate base to load the hybrid to?
    05-11-13 09:56 PM
    Hi there Zocster,
    need your assistance to upgrade hybrid for my BB9800 which now run on decent oses. kindly pointed out which base os and file for the mixture please. I own a bb9900 which now running RC15 + V923 DCJ marvellous hybrid so far. Hopefully to get another boost for and old BB9800 .

Kevin

kevin
    06-07-13 02:00 AM
    Will this os improve speed on my 9800 torch ? And will any current app available on appworld be compatible ?
    07-21-13 05:15 AM
    my bigest concern. can i make calls via viber after i install or flash this hybird on my phone ?
    08-14-13 01:55 AM
354 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD