Oh wow cool! Ok soo im definatly going to use this over BBM 6 that I had before. Also in my applications menu, it shows v 5.0.2 but on your post it says version 3, is it the correct one?
    06-07-11 09:59 PM
    Oh wow cool! Ok soo im definatly going to use this over BBM 6 that I had before. Also in my applications menu, it shows v 5.0.2 but on your post it says version 3, is it the correct one?
    B̲̅B̲̅M̲̅� 6.73 lags in various areas of group chat etc. This mostly consist of 5.0.2 but the actual hybrid is v3, as this is the latest release of this messenger hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 10:03 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies! Will defiantly tell my friends to download this hybrid

EDIT: are you guys working on a hybrid of Facebook 2.0? I would LOVE YOU FOR EVER if the mem leak and other bugs on that were fixed!
    Last edited by vsharm01; 06-07-11 at 10:36 PM.
    06-07-11 10:26 PM
    Already clicked thanks but wanted to thank you also in words. I appreciate all the work and the collaboration must have taken a lot of time and effort by all.

I know it sounds familiar, but the immediate feel is truly very smooth. No lags at all. Another early observation is with BBM hybrid. Have run beta zone versions but never kept a BBM hybrid for more than a few minutes. Very nice look & feel.

I was going to shrink this hybrid (as is my usual practice) and found that it's extremely small. Obviously pre-shrunk. I always wondered what's being shrunk and how that compares to individual shrinking settings. Regardless, I'm thrilled with the size of the hybrid pre-install.

An observation... when I used BB DM to update apps, it thinks that BBM V3 is older and wants to replace it. I think this would prevent me from being able to use BB DM to install apps without having to "upgrade" BBM to current version or delete it. To avoid this in the future, you might want to start BBM hybrid numbers higher. (I'm going to check out the other apps you mentioned in the first post for backing up apps, etc.)

I can't recall if I forgot to check off BB App World during installation. Possibly so. Otherwise, this hybrid may result in App World icon not showing after install (a known bug with certain versions of App World on certain devices). Am installing from Berry site so no biggie.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 06-07-11 at 11:19 PM.
    zocster likes this.
    06-07-11 11:14 PM
    Everything is running smooth so far. Haven't ran into any problems yet. I will let the OS settle and report back. Nice work.

zocster likes this.
    06-08-11 12:02 AM
    Thanks fellas, first post updated now with the alx. Apologies again to have missed this during packaging.
    06-08-11 12:20 AM
    After abour 3 Hours, VERY LOW LEAK! LOVING IT ID BE AT ABOUT 20MB BY NOW! I currently have about 4 mb and even thats declining from 6 20 mins ago. I have noticed that the ope of every page is cut off. The ribbon bug i think this is called. Is there a way to fix this? Its not that important but it would be nice to get this outa the way
    06-08-11 12:42 AM
    After abour 3 Hours, VERY LOW LEAK! LOVING IT ID BE AT ABOUT 20MB BY NOW! I currently have about 4 mb and even thats declining from 6 20 mins ago. I have noticed that the ope of every page is cut off. The ribbon bug i think this is called. Is there a way to fix this? Its not that important but it would be nice to get this outa the way
    Can you please supply a screen shot w the captureit app supplied thanks.

06-08-11 12:45 AM
    I took a screen munch of it. If you look at the top of the screen you can see that its a LITTLE cut off.
    06-08-11 01:01 AM
    In Event Log:

Name: net.rim.tunnel
    GUID: 2da34e22fd710e8d
    Time: Jun 08, 2011 10:30:29
    Err0 TNL{tid=1 was not allocated by TAC

Someone can tell me what is it ? My device is 9700. Thanks

06-08-11 01:05 AM
    Damn!! This is so so great! Memory leak is very minimal, the browser don't crash and able to download the full page of the engadget (java enabled). Very very smooth and snappy. Great batterry life. And the most that I like... Browser speed is lightning!!! Runs like a dream bro. Thank you!!

06-08-11 01:06 AM
    In Event Log:

Name: net.rim.tunnel
    GUID: 2da34e22fd710e8d
    Time: Jun 08, 2011 10:30:29
    Err0 TNL{tid=1 was not allocated by TAC

Someone can tell me what is it ? My device is 9700. Thanks

Sounds like the opening and closing of the connection to your carrier?

k0_0c_0k likes this.
    06-08-11 01:14 AM
    I took a screen munch of it. If you look at the top of the screen you can see that its a LITTLE cut off.
    That's telling u that you're playing media from within the browser. Try playing a media from within your player.

06-08-11 01:27 AM
    It is from my player. Im trying t use my media sync but not successful right now even though both are connect to my home wifi and both are turned on from dm and bb. I have posted one from my Music app and one from the browser.
    06-08-11 01:32 AM
    I will check mediasync soon and let u know, didn't have any problems on my prerelease version

06-08-11 01:35 AM
    Cannot get WIFI media sync to work for the life of me... I dont know if im doing anything wrong or what not but i followed the instructions about 8 times EXACTLY!
    06-08-11 02:02 AM
    Cannot get WIFI media sync to work for the life of me... I dont know if im doing anything wrong or what not but i followed the instructions about 8 times EXACTLY!
    No issues here...

I don't use that feature but you made me do it lmao....
    06-08-11 02:44 AM
    Congrats bro for released the Berrylicious Hybrid OS. My reviews after using this hybrid for 24 hours :

Device : 9800 Black
    Vendor ID : 102
    Provider : Telkomsel Unlimited

Free memory after reload Hybrid OS: 326,7 Mb (awesome, more Free Memory)
    Free memory after restore data & application : 306,2 Mb

Setting device :
    - Trackpad sensitivity : 70/70
    - Font : 8
    - Backlight Brightness : 80
    - Backlight Timeout : 30 sec
    - Network Mode : 3G & 2G

BBM
    - Contacts : 191
    - Groups : 6 active groups

Email
    - 3 email accounts

Applications installed :
    Uber Social / 1.191
    FaceBook / 2.0.0.23
    Blackberry Messenger Hybrid Strike 6.0.0.78
    AppWorld / 2.1.2.19
    Documents To Go / 2.0005.105
    PDF to GO / 2.0005.105
    Com plazmic theme_My OS 6.1 theme v.1.3 small banner
    Meterberry / 2.5.0
    AFBB Ram Optimizer / 1.0
    ExtraKeys / 1.1.12
    Capture Nux / 3.0
    File Manager Pro / 1.6
    Memory Up Pro / 3.8
    Pyramid Bloxx / 2
    UnRar / 1.2
    Whatsapp / 2.6.4036
    AutoTextBackup / 0.7
    Ota Downloader / 1.4.5
    Quick Pull 5.0.2
    Restart net / 1.0
    Social Feeds / 1.0.0.58
    Fancy Smileys / 1.2

Reviews :
    + Locking 3G Signal faster
    + Browsing & download more stable, faster loading & rendering
    + Menu transition smooth & faster
    + Camera & video snappy & faster
    + Locking GPS faster
    + Media : opening images faster
    + Locking WiFi faster
    + Memory drain small (memory leak after 10 hours : -2,4 Mb (really good)
    + Battery life better : ADR 4.4 % /hour (heavy usage), and 2-2,5% /hour on idle

Overall, the hybrid seems the best, really awesome, and found no bug. Thanks bro ..
    zocster likes this.
    06-08-11 03:15 AM
    UGH! How did you do it!? Also you don't have the ribbon bug I was talking about... Strange... I did shrink like 2-3 files I guess I can try to reload those cods and see if they fix the problem...

06-08-11 04:04 AM
    zocster,

First - txs for the great job! Is it so, that the first hybrid is the worst one, and then it goes ??
    If that's the case, then hopefully there's more of your hybrids to come.
    Now - I am not sure if it is the case, as I have no chance to give it a try and install it for at least few days. But while looking through the file listing I guess I see you have removed all the language files other then english. So what I'd like to ask is to leave all the languages behind with your next hybrid release. Everyone not interested in other languages then english will simply not choose them during the installation, and if someone wants them, they'd be there
    06-08-11 04:11 AM
    zocster,

First - txs for the great job! Is it so, that the first hybrid is the worst one, and then it goes ??
    If that's the case, then hopefully there's more of your hybrids to come.
    Now - I am not sure if it is the case, as I have no chance to give it a try and install it for at least few days. But while looking through the file listing I guess I see you have removed all the language files other then english. So what I'd like to ask is to leave all the languages behind with your next hybrid release. Everyone not interested in other languages then english will simply not choose them during the installation, and if someone wants them, they'd be there
    What I would suggest you do is to install your official, shrink to liking and copy the files we have here into the preshrunk base.

It is in the mix that we have here makes your berry delicious, and the B̲̅B̲̅M̲̅� hybrid hmm...

bintaro_gw likes this.
    06-08-11 04:22 AM
    What I would suggest you do is to install your official, shrink to liking and copy the files we have here into the preshrunk base.(...)
    This is how I was going to play it. I also would not ming keeping my usual language files (for BBM, Docs2Go etc.) in one folder and using it to make your hybrid more complex.
    My ideas was rather to avoid million questions in future releases how to inject the languages, as in the installation guide you say to wipe the OS folder contents completely
    06-08-11 04:39 AM
    True, will see what we can do in the future.

06-08-11 04:44 AM
    10. With radios off, restore your apps, and then do a battery pull.
    11. Restore your backed up data, then do another battery pull.
    12. Enjoy your hybrid, give it a minimum of 4 hours before you do another battery pull.
    13. For best result, do 3 battery pulls a day, 6 hours a part.
    Can you explain why it's recommended this way ?

Since you have these detailed instructions, I assume you can elaborate why this is (the best) way to let the os settle in. I'm especially curious about the time between the batterypulls.

Thanks.
    06-08-11 05:17 AM
    That's just the way to settle java into your device. That's how I been doing it every release offi or leak or hybrid

Blacklatino likes this.
    06-08-11 05:30 AM
354 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD