Same problem here. Neither the application shortcut (s) or the icon work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you tick it on installation? If not, inject the cods in the features/search folder, both of them w bbsak

06-07-11 08:06 AM
    According to the system read you posted in the original post, the missing file is net_rim_bb_universalsearch_app.cod

I noticed it when I was comparing versions against other hybrids (which is why I love system reads ).
    06-07-11 12:05 PM
    According to the system read you posted in the original post, the missing file is net_rim_bb_universalsearch_app.cod

I noticed it when I was comparing versions against other hybrids (which is why I love system reads ).
    can you please upload this cod so that we can inject by bbsak
    06-07-11 12:33 PM
    Really nice build, just installed again with the SEARCH and everything works great.

But can someone PLEASE help me as I really need to get rid of the BBM - it's loaded and I can't close it.... really annoys me... If anybody can point to which .cods I must remove - it would be GREAT

Abdullah - you have the codes in the folder where the OS is installed. Look for them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.576_P6.6.0.216\Features\Search -> there are two .cod files - install them with BBSAK and you're done Worked like a charm with me!
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    06-07-11 12:40 PM
    Really nice build, just installed again with the SEARCH and everything works great.

But can someone PLEASE help me as I really need to get rid of the BBM - it's loaded and I can't close it.... really annoys me... If anybody can point to which .cods I must remove - it would be GREAT

Abdullah - you have the codes in the folder where the OS is installed. Look for them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.576_P6.6.0.216\Features\Search -> there are two .cod files - install them with BBSAK and you're done Worked like a charm with me!
    Are you on BIS there? If so, it will always show up. Look up under options, device, advance, app managemnt then go to the B̲̅B̲̅M̲̅� if its installed, it will be listed modules you need to get rid of

06-07-11 12:50 PM
    I believe these are the cods for BBM:

net_rim_bb_qm_api
    net_rim_bb_qm_bbm_internal_api
    net_rim_bb_qm_lib_barcode
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_help_en
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_images
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en
    net_rim_bbgroup_calendar
    net_rim_bbgroup_database
    net_rim_bbgroup_inbox
    net_rim_bbgroup_lists
    net_rim_bbgroup_messaging
    net_rim_bbgroup_photos

There's a bbapi cod as well, but I don't think leaving that in place will cause any problems (and it might be necessary for another dependency even with BBM removed).
    06-07-11 12:50 PM
    Easiest way would probably reload, however delete the B̲̅B̲̅M̲̅� alx file

Me4oKyX likes this.
    06-07-11 01:05 PM
    Done! More free RAM, more free space and no stop glitch when closing programs BBM sux IMHO The easiest way to remove all the programs a users DO NOT want is to erase them from the FEATURES folder - there I saw which file to remove with BBSAK Quite easy! GREAT JOB Zocster

P.S. The glitch where the phone freezes for 2-3 secs is still available. It freezes when I close some app. It's not as often as before removing the BBM but it's still here.... sometimes...
    Last edited by Me4oKyX; 06-07-11 at 01:16 PM.
    06-07-11 01:09 PM
    I am on mobile, what device do you have? What theme have you installed?

i have the bold 9700 and i have brisk v3.0 installed but even before i installed the universal search doesn't work
    06-07-11 04:41 PM
    i have the bold 9700 and i have brisk v3.0 installed but even before i installed the universal search doesn't work
    Read a few posts back, somebody else who had this issue has explained how to fix your problem

06-07-11 04:45 PM
    I am on mobile, what device do you have? What theme have you installed?

i have a bold 9700 an i have the theme brisk v3.0 but even before i downloaded that i didnt have universal search as in if i search a contact nothing pops up

Edit: sorry i posted twice i didnt seee the other one i posted
    06-07-11 04:52 PM
    so your saying i need the cods for universal search? where do i get those?

EDIT: NVM i found them lol
    Last edited by ElwinAdam; 06-07-11 at 05:02 PM.
    06-07-11 04:56 PM
    so your saying i need the cods for universal search? where do i get those?

EDIT: NVM i found them lol
    There are cods in the features/search folder

06-07-11 05:56 PM
    Done! More free RAM, more free space and no stop glitch when closing programs BBM sux IMHO The easiest way to remove all the programs a users DO NOT want is to erase them from the FEATURES folder - there I saw which file to remove with BBSAK Quite easy! GREAT JOB Zocster

P.S. The glitch where the phone freezes for 2-3 secs is still available. It freezes when I close some app. It's not as often as before removing the BBM but it's still here.... sometimes...
    It will happen until the OS settles in. Ensure you do battery pulls 4 hours apart in the first two days

06-07-11 05:58 PM
    After everyhthing this is a really great hybrid thanks so much...its fast,dosnt lag its really great and especially the customer support(lol)..thanks for responding to all of my problems and everything =]
    Last edited by ElwinAdam; 06-07-11 at 07:16 PM.
    zocster likes this.
    06-07-11 06:21 PM
    After everyhthing this is a really great theme thanks so much...its fast,dosnt lag its really great and especially the customer support(lol)..thanks for responding to all of my problems and everything =]
    Ahem, its not a theme, lol ... And you're welcome

06-07-11 06:23 PM
    Ahem, its not a theme, lol ... And you're welcome

i just went and fixed that
    06-07-11 07:16 PM
    Cool, I know the 9700 version rocks, I am on my 2nd day and it is going smooth! Now let's hear from a 9800 user and a playbook owner.

06-07-11 07:26 PM
    Oh yeaaa!!! Ive been waiting for you to make a OS7 hybrid! Good thing i waited because out of all the people in the hybriding section (no disrespect to ANYONE especially kyle and daniel) you seem to know a lot about the cods and how they function!

again, i just wanna say NO DISRESPECT TO KYLE AND DANIEL at all! They are awesome people and I LOVE the work they do! Much respect for them!
    06-07-11 09:04 PM
    Oh yeaaa!!! Ive been waiting for you to make a OS7 hybrid! Good thing i waited because out of all the people in the hybriding section (no disrespect to ANYONE especially kyle and daniel) you seem to know a lot about the cods and how they function!

again, i just wanna say NO DISRESPECT TO KYLE AND DANIEL at all! They are awesome people and I LOVE the work they do! Much respect for them!
    Thanks, but we do learn from each other.
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    06-07-11 09:11 PM
    We may have forgotten to include the .alx for universal search.

You need to inject the two cods from the features/search directory to the phone using BBSAK.

Apologies from noobs.
    Last edited by zocster; 06-07-11 at 09:32 PM.
    06-07-11 09:25 PM
    We may have forgotten to include the .alx for universal search.

You need to move the two cods from 'features/search' directory into the main java folder PRIOR to installation.

Apologies for the inconveniences this may cause!!

Excuse from use noobs.
    Good thing i caught this before installing, thanks!
    06-07-11 09:30 PM
    Good thing i caught this before installing, thanks!
    check again please, it needs to be injected my apologies
    06-07-11 09:32 PM
    LOL no worries dood its all cool here. I just want to know what were changed with BBM? In the first post you said this is a BBM hybrid soo whats different about this BBM?
    06-07-11 09:54 PM
    LOL no worries dood its all cool here. I just want to know what were changed with BBM? In the first post you said this is a BBM hybrid soo whats different about this BBM?
    Its fast scrolling through contacts and doesn't drain your memory. It may drain a bit during restoration of contacts.

06-07-11 09:56 PM
354 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD