Just to take inventory upon those that worked and those that did not: I installed the hybrid on my phone (9800) yesterda and it's working just fine. I can still access the browser and did not need the patch. I'd like to point out two things (which may or may not contribute to the problems people are having):

1. I followed the instructions EXACTLY set out on Page 1

1. I worked off of the .706 version.

One thing I DO have a problem with, though, is the "touch-dial" function. It seems to not be working and I don't think the setting was included in the thingy-majig. When I scroll through contacts or call logs and select the contact using touch screen, it does nothing (i.e. it doesn't dial or open the contact details). Is anyone else having this problem?

Its not a bug or a hybrid problem.. Just different kind of versions of Os's dis hybrid uses 668 Cod's and does not support the touch dial u want.. Tap to call is removed by RIM since the release of 6.0.0.600 if u want the tap to call install os 6.0.0.666 or 6.0.0.706 the feature has been restored with this versions...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 08:39 AM
    But I DID work off of .706. The instructions on the first page said I must delete the base OS files (only what's in the folder) so that's what I did. I opened the folder, highlighted EVERYTHING (including the sub-folders) and deleted everything.

Did I do the wrong thing?
    12-07-11 03:50 AM
    "Touch-dial" function is working on BL VI
    12-07-11 08:22 AM
    so when will it be pls is it on the testing phase now before official release?
    12-07-11 08:37 AM
    I'm gonna be crazy, i wanna test BL VI x.x when are you gonna release it ?
    12-07-11 08:37 AM
    Well, look - apart from the "touch-dial" function not being there, I really dig this hybrid. I even recommended it to some people on another South African BlackBerry forum. Good job, guys. I look forward to BL VI.
    12-08-11 01:40 AM
    Well, look - apart from the "touch-dial" function not being there, I really dig this hybrid. I even recommended it to some people on another South African BlackBerry forum. Good job, guys. I look forward to BL VI.
    howd you do it still having kak with my torch
    12-08-11 02:30 AM
    howd you do it still having kak with my torch
    I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread to the "T". I did this twice and it worked. Give it a try - wipe everything where they tell you to wipe (giggidy) and install when they say you must.
    12-08-11 05:07 AM
    when will BL VI release?? and JD do you know a repair shop here in Manila to replace housing of my Torch...?? Tnx!!
    12-08-11 09:40 AM
    when will BL VI release?? and JD do you know a repair shop here in Manila to replace housing of my Torch...?? Tnx!!

BL VI will be release soon, 3rd build testing phase on-going.

Re BlackBerry repair shop, somebody said there's one in Podium. Not sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-08-11 08:07 PM
    This hybrid is epic! Fast and smooth and boot time is less than a minute but I have the browser is working but its buggy and lags and I need to restart it everytime it lags... Youtube doesent work (it says "server is blocked or unresponsive" or something like that) note : I didn't use the browser patch you uploaded , will it fix my problems? And also will you upload the arabic language pack other than that everything is working well , thanks for the hybrid!
    12-10-11 12:00 AM
    This hybrid is epic! Fast and smooth and boot time is less than a minute but I have the browser is working but its buggy and lags and I need to restart it everytime it lags... Youtube doesent work (it says "server is blocked or unresponsive" or something like that) note : I didn't use the browser patch you uploaded , will it fix my problems? And also will you upload the arabic language pack other than that everything is working well , thanks for the hybrid!
    With the browser patch you can fix the lags in the browser.
    12-10-11 10:44 AM
    Thanks but how can I install it? And about the youtube problem, I discovered that our carrier had blocked youtube access temporarily :/
    12-10-11 10:56 AM
    12-10-11 11:16 AM
    Thanks really appreciate it
    12-10-11 11:56 AM
    Would this work on my 9670? (The Style)?
    12-10-11 11:56 AM
    I don't think so, but i found this

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...0-74-a-673663/
    12-10-11 12:19 PM
    sorry......
    12-10-11 12:54 PM
    thanks will do
    12-10-11 12:56 PM
    This hybrid rocks! Battery is much better than BLv5 and browser is faster too. Device is running great! The odd time the browser craps out and resetting the wifi or network connections seem to fix it....will try the browser patch and see if that helps. Looking forward to BLv6!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jdesignz likes this.
    12-10-11 03:33 PM
    Nope, it won't. But wait for BL VI, will support 96xx devices also. #anotherSpoiler

Cheers!
    12-11-11 09:50 AM
    I love this hybrid so much I honestly think we should do a dedicated website to Berrylicious releases!! I say "we" because I would be willing to either A) host space on my webserver or B) help with the design/code for the site c) BOTH A & B!
    12-11-11 03:57 PM
    I love this hybrid so much I honestly think we should do a dedicated website to Berrylicious releases!! I say "we" because I would be willing to either A) host space on my webserver or B) help with the design/code for the site c) BOTH A & B!
    Isn't andy and king on bbbluezone? Or is that site not operating anymore
    12-11-11 06:00 PM
    Isn't andy and king on bbbluezone? Or is that site not operating anymore

Yeah we're still at http://bzone.us which is their new site.

But @justam offering a dedicated site.

Have very little time to code. So would love for him to do so. I can buy a domain and he/she can run it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-11-11 07:39 PM
    I will code the site np. I will PM you tomorrow, we'll talk.
    12-12-11 01:15 AM
313 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD