Hi jdesignz,

I can see you have EastAsian language n input. May I know which jasia sfi youre using? Thanks very much!
    11-29-11 11:17 AM
    I wannna try pleaseeeee!!! jeje
    11-29-11 11:22 AM
    Hi jdesignz,

I can see you have EastAsian language n input. May I know which jasia sfi youre using? Thanks very much!
    I'm using default that comes with this hybrid, 706sfi.

Cheers!
    11-29-11 11:30 AM
    I'm using default that comes with this hybrid, 706sfi.

Cheers!
    I saw somewhere in this thread said that it requires jasia sfi smt to install cjk (Asia) language n input, is that right or any sfi should be fine?

Thank you.
    11-29-11 11:56 AM
    nice hybrid but if its possible i want arabic language can u add the cods plz

no probs found it great hybrid man thanks alot
    Last edited by Ahmad1; 11-29-11 at 01:43 PM.
    11-29-11 12:30 PM
    this may very well be a few n00bish questions and no doubt it prolly comes down to personal choice somewhere along the lines...but here goes...

The very first hybrid I ever installed was BL5 and I gotta say hands down it has made my 9700 feel like a completely new device...that being said I saw that BLFF was using 7.1 modules. SO I gotta ask....is there a performance boost over BL5? And is it as stable as BL5?

Also I see alot about these sfi files here...what are they for? what should I look at when choosing an sfi file version? and is it better to have a smaller sfi(read somewhere it was)?

I know there is a bunch of questions there and would appreciate your time and some insight as I would really like to know more about hybrids in general.

Thanks in advance
    11-29-11 09:43 PM
    Thanks very much for post italian language (and sorry for my bad english)

How is the procedure to install it?

I'm just a little noob of hybrid firmware.

Thanks
    11-30-11 01:19 PM

look in the first post....
    11-30-11 01:39 PM
    look in the first post....
    Haha lmfao

But seriously zoc when is BL6 coming out *grin*
    starting to tweak out here again...
    11-30-11 02:59 PM
    Thanks very much for post italian language (and sorry for my bad english)

I'm just a little noob of hybrid firmware.

Thanks
    ya, ignore my first post to this...didnt quite read it through properly...a little overtired is all...n e ways...take the italian language cod files and drop them into the java folder where you installed the hybrid.

then run java loader or dm and select those files to install...alternatively I think you should be able to inject them with BBSAK or the like.
    11-30-11 04:39 PM
    Haha lmfao

thanks for pointing that out......*sleeping*
    11-30-11 04:40 PM
    I am literally twitching in anticipation for BL 6!!
    Please release it soon.
    I am not so impressed with BLFF series. It is OK. Not Great as say BL v4. I hated BL 5.5.

WiFi heats the battery & Memory Loss is ridiculous on 9700 with about 8-10 MB per 6-10 Hours the device is on.

Battery life, though is excellent!

Your Theme COD from earlier release HAS to be included or at least mentioned for Custom Themes.

GPS locks ONLY on 6.6.650 COD
    12-01-11 03:18 AM
    There is no OS 6.6.650. If you mean, 6.0.0.650, you may switch to 650sfi. Re theme, thanks will look into that. HTH

Cheers!
    12-01-11 04:16 AM
    I am literally twitching in anticipation for BL 6!!
    Please release it soon.
    I am not so impressed with BLFF series. It is OK. Not Great as say BL v4. I hated BL 5.5.

WiFi heats the battery & Memory Loss is ridiculous on 9700 with about 8-10 MB per 6-10 Hours the device is on.

Battery life, though is excellent!

Your Theme COD from earlier release HAS to be included or at least mentioned for Custom Themes.

GPS locks ONLY on 6.6.650 COD
    +1
    Totally agreed.
    MrPopo likes this.
    12-01-11 06:26 AM
    Waiting and waiting for the new version x.x
    12-01-11 01:09 PM
    Hey. Just installed this on my torch 9800 on Bell. The browser isn't starting up at all, no error messages or crashes - it just doesn't start up. I read in previous pages that I could replace two cod files for the browser. Is this what I could/should do?

Edit: I used BBSAK with the browser fix and it's all good.
    Last edited by Snuupy; 12-02-11 at 05:45 PM.
    12-02-11 10:57 AM
    BLFF browser was working fine on my BB 9800 once I injected the browser patch....Now it start freezing again while browsing any advice on how to solve that?
    Last edited by Soulja Boy; 12-04-11 at 07:09 AM.
    12-04-11 07:03 AM
    Is thier any specific recommended base to use for the bold 9780?
    12-04-11 09:44 AM
    I actually don't think it matters what base you use since you delete the loader files of the base OS anyway as per instructions in the first post. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
    12-04-11 08:15 PM
    I installed this Hybrid and its working really well just have a few problems. I cannot restore my remote bbm contacts. It asks for my email then it just hangs on the screen saying that the email was sent. It goes to my handset but for some reason they phone does not process it. I also cannot find the option to process my remote regular phone contacts. So I have no contacts for bbm or the actual phone. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    12-05-11 11:14 AM
    Got my contacts back! Just installed the official 706. I'm going to backup my contacts through there. Seems the backup utility is from tmobile. I'm still confused a bit. It wasn't included with the hybrid, but it comes as part of the official 706 from bb's website. How is it that it's included with a non carrier branded update??
    Last edited by instylz; 12-05-11 at 12:26 PM.
    12-05-11 12:23 PM
    I installed this Hybrid and its working really well just have a few problems. I cannot restore my remote bbm contacts. It asks for my email then it just hangs on the screen saying that the email was sent. It goes to my handset but for some reason they phone does not process it. I also cannot find the option to process my remote regular phone contacts. So I have no contacts for bbm or the actual phone. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    Try replacing the BIS Cod's with the BIS Cod's on 706..
    12-05-11 05:06 PM
    I know for some reason people here are getting annoyed when others ask for the differences between 'For Fun' and BL5.5 (since 'for fun' should be the obvious choice) but since 5.5 is serving me fine, could someone please point out all the advantages? I'm new to the hybrid scene!
    12-05-11 07:01 PM
    Just to take inventory upon those that worked and those that did not: I installed the hybrid on my phone (9800) yesterda and it's working just fine. I can still access the browser and did not need the patch. I'd like to point out two things (which may or may not contribute to the problems people are having):

1. I followed the instructions EXACTLY set out on Page 1

1. I worked off of the .706 version.

One thing I DO have a problem with, though, is the "touch-dial" function. It seems to not be working and I don't think the setting was included in the thingy-majig. When I scroll through contacts or call logs and select the contact using touch screen, it does nothing (i.e. it doesn't dial or open the contact details). Is anyone else having this problem?
    12-06-11 01:39 AM
    Just to take inventory upon those that worked and those that did not: I installed the hybrid on my phone (9800) yesterda and it's working just fine. I can still access the browser and did not need the patch. I'd like to point out two things (which may or may not contribute to the problems people are having):

1. I followed the instructions EXACTLY set out on Page 1

1. I worked off of the .706 version.

One thing I DO have a problem with, though, is the "touch-dial" function. It seems to not be working and I don't think the setting was included in the thingy-majig. When I scroll through contacts or call logs and select the contact using touch screen, it does nothing (i.e. it doesn't dial or open the contact details). Is anyone else having this problem?
    Its not a bug or a hybrid problem.. Just different kind of versions of Os's dis hybrid uses 668 Cod's and does not support the touch dial u want.. Tap to call is removed by RIM since the release of 6.0.0.600 if u want the tap to call install os 6.0.0.666 or 6.0.0.706 the feature has been restored with this versions...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 08:38 AM
313 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD