The modules replaces 668 modules with 666 which works better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thanks. It works better now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 04:14 AM
    Hello, i'm having a minor problem with BBM, i cannot leave a bbm group..it stucks on the "Please wait" promt and will later have an error. Please help.

I have no issues with the browser, i'm using .688 mods, will it be better if i use the patch provided? how will i insert the same? thanks a lot!
    11-10-11 09:35 AM
    Hello, i'm having a minor problem with BBM, i cannot leave a bbm group..it stucks on the "Please wait" promt and will later have an error. Please help.

I have no issues with the browser, i'm using .688 mods, will it be better if i use the patch provided? how will i insert the same? thanks a lot!

Its an issue with the messenger service itself. Instead of leaving get the admins to kick you

11-10-11 10:09 AM
    I have been using this hybrid for 3 days and I'm telling you that it is great.

I have only pulled my battery 4 times so this hybrid probably hasn't fully sunk in yet.

I took out my charger at 930am (fully charged battery).

I received 35 emails and sent 16.
    I used bbm for a total of 36 minutes
    I listened to music for around 2.5 hours
    I had blackberry bridge running all day
    I used google maps navigation for 42 minutes
    I used tunein radio for 17 minutes
    I used notepad for 32 minutes
    I sent out around 68 sms messages and received 83
    I have facebook and twitter running (refreshes every 30 minutes)
    I was signed into windows live messenger all day
    I had weathereye set to refresh every hour

I came back home at 1030pm and my battery was at 60%.

I am happy with the battery life and it can only get better.

The OS is very smooth and it is sooooooo fast.

I also ended up having browser freeze ups when I used .668 but all you have to do is download the broswer patch on the first page.

This is what I did:

1. Download the broswer patch and extract it onto a folder on your desktop.
    2. Connect your phone to bbsak (that's the one I used).
    3. Choose "read system" on bbsak and you should get a list of all the cods in the phone.
    4. Open up the folder (where you extracted the patch) and pull it side by side to bbsak.
    5. Now delete all the .668 browser cod files on your phone. ONLY delete the ones that have the same name as the ones in your patch
    folder. Hold down ctrnl when your selecting them, that way you can remove all 5 at once.
    6. After you select all 5 hit "remove". Your phone should restart.
    7. After the restart proccess, go back to bbsak and hit "insert cod files" and select all 5 of the ones in the patch folder.

This should work.

Thanks zocster!

Last edited by phoreoneone; 11-10-11 at 01:38 PM.
    jdesignz, jon4400, Guatiao and 2 others like this.
    11-10-11 01:18 PM
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd post my findings,

Been only running the hybrid since last night but heres what I can say so far.

Smooth, the OS just feels very fast and fluid. Haven't had many problems with slowdowns, only happens if I dont wait for my phone to fully boot up after a battery pull. 3G, GPS, WiFi and that sort of thing works as expected, battery life I cant say yet because I havent been running this hybrid for too long. Hopefully we'll get some positive results like the poster above.

Browser has never been better, the included CODs in BBFF caused my browser to freeze and go back to the main browser page but after installing the patch included it fixed that. The browser is surprisingly fast, I found that it doesnt display "Sorry This page is too large" (at least not yet). Done some benchmarks with intensive sites such as National Geographic, it loaded up no problem and fairly quickly as well, Ive got a feeling a lot of people will enjoy the browser.

Boot time is also insanely quick, takes around 1 Minute 30 seconds to boot, not bad at all.

All in all everythings been looking good so far, Ill report back in a few days and then again in a week to report about battery life.

Thanks again Zocster, iking, and all the developers of the Berrylicious series
    jdesignz, Guatiao and zocster like this.
    11-10-11 03:16 PM
    So I finally experienced the browser bug... installing the patch now, will update my feedback later... thanks for the patch zocster!
    11-10-11 04:52 PM
    I was getting that whole browser freeze thing with google, so I switched my default search to livesearch, now it works. I still getting java errors, and I did turn all connections off before the battery pull and wait to turn them back on after the pull.

I love some of the benefits of these hybrids (the reboot speed is wild), but I have real trouble getting them to run correctly.
    11-10-11 05:31 PM
    I was getting that whole browser freeze thing with google, so I switched my default search to livesearch, now it works. I still getting java errors, and I did turn all connections off before the battery pull and wait to turn them back on after the pull.

I love some of the benefits of these hybrids (the reboot speed is wild), but I have real trouble getting them to run correctly.

And there is a further wait until you can truly use them after switching the wireless on? Remember the 9780 only has 600 odd mhz processor.

I on the other hand, no waiting around on the 9900. All pretty speedy and I can push it hard.

11-10-11 05:55 PM
    I have been tinkering around with this for about three hours. Maybe my phone is too slow, maybe I am too slow, maybe a bit of both. I will leave this high speed stuff to you high speed guys. Thanks anyway, and good luck with your future builds.
    11-10-11 06:03 PM
    Had reverted to BL5.5 ,but after seeing the browser patch I'm back. 105mb free application space (installed all my favorite apps and still got a whoping 46mb wow). All stuff is perfect now.

From my 9300

11-10-11 10:13 PM
    Have been using BL 5.5. Was happy with it except used to face Browser lag. Else was great.
    Anyways, I am a huge fan of your work & am installing This "For Fun" Edition

:Fingers Crossed:
    11-11-11 02:48 AM
    can you tell me how to get that theme please ?
    11-11-11 03:52 AM
    its on the first page, on the first post.
    11-11-11 04:35 AM
    97xx download here.

9800 download here.
    i want for 9300 if someone can please arrange.
    11-11-11 04:42 AM
    its on the first page, on the first post.
    Jip the download is there and its 6.4kb for the 9800. Isn't that a bit small for a whole theme? If it the complete file....i tried injecting the .jad file, its says successful install, but its not available on my phone
    11-11-11 06:14 AM
    Jip the download is there and its 6.4kb for the 9800. Isn't that a bit small for a whole theme? If it the complete file....i tried injecting the .jad file, its says successful install, but its not available on my phone
    It's an over the air download, you need to use your phone browser.
    11-11-11 06:56 AM
    Thanks a lot for this great hybrid, zocster!!

But how can I reach full german language support?
    I injected a .jad, wich I created from 6.0.0.688 files similiar to the spanish one, offered in the first post. Display and input language are fine now, but the predictive input does not work.
    11-11-11 07:36 AM
    what about theme for 9300 ?
    11-11-11 08:36 AM
    9300 get this theme Free 14th August - Download 14th August - Free Themes from BlackBerry App World

mor_1228 likes this.
    11-11-11 09:17 AM
    Use any of these wallpapers

Blue Bold Wallpaper - Rebuilt (320x240) - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

mor_1228 likes this.
    11-11-11 09:21 AM
    After almost 3days of use in my 9700 i experienced the following:

1. Superb responsiveness;
    2. Fast browser and connection lock;
    3. Memory was fully maximized; and
    4. 100% working hybrid (the bbm group concern i previouly posted was solved, i was just impatient)

However, i experienced decrease in battery life..my battery usually last for 2-3days with my average usage, but with OS7 cods, a fully charged battery will only last for 1 and 1/2 day for me. I'm switching back to my old OS since i'm not comftable with the battery life.

I think this concern has nothing to do with the hybrid itself, since battery problem is common with new bb devices (i.e. 9900) carrying OS7 cods, there is a widespread report that their cells only last for 6hours (disaster)

Thanks for making this build.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-11-11 09:59 AM

But how can I reach full german language support?
    Ok, I guess I simply forgot the net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_german files.

Everything runs great now.
    11-11-11 10:04 AM
    hey zoc.. what SFI file u used in this hybrid...?? is it 650??
    11-11-11 10:33 AM
    After almost 3days of use in my 9700 i experienced the following:

1. Superb responsiveness;
    2. Fast browser and connection lock;
    3. Memory was fully maximized; and
    4. 100% working hybrid (the bbm group concern i previouly posted was solved, i was just impatient)

However, i experienced decrease in battery life..my battery usually last for 2-3days with my average usage, but with OS7 cods, a fully charged battery will only last for 1 and 1/2 day for me. I'm switching back to my old OS since i'm not comftable with the battery life.

I think this concern has nothing to do with the hybrid itself, since battery problem is common with new bb devices (i.e. 9900) carrying OS7 cods, there is a widespread report that their cells only last for 6hours (disaster)

Thanks for making this build.
    That's totally normal for new OS to have poor battery life for first few days. Mine was horrible like down to 1/2 day but after 3ish days I'm back to about 60% at end of day. Give it 3-4 days with regular battery pulls before giving up. Hope this helps.

goddess07 likes this.
    11-11-11 11:35 AM
    This is what I did:

1. Download the broswer patch and extract it onto a folder on your desktop.
    2. Connect your phone to bbsak (that's the one I used).
    3. Choose "read system" on bbsak and you should get a list of all the cods in the phone.
    4. Open up the folder (where you extracted the patch) and pull it side by side to bbsak.
    5. Now delete all the .668 browser cod files on your phone. ONLY delete the ones that have the same name as the ones in your patch
    folder. Hold down ctrnl when your selecting them, that way you can remove all 5 at once.
    6. After you select all 5 hit "remove". Your phone should restart.
    7. After the restart proccess, go back to bbsak and hit "insert cod files" and select all 5 of the ones in the patch folder.

This should work.

Thanks zocster!

I did this and it deleted everything, contacts, msgs....everything.
    And the browser still didn't work.
    11-11-11 08:30 PM
313 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD