05-10-13 10:40 AM
743 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Waiting on V4 to install. Pretty happy with V1 still
    10-26-12 01:32 PM
    After 36 hours on V3 my 9900 is settled nicely. ADR on last day 3.77 with 4.74 over all 3 days. About 2 emails per hr with use dominated otherwise by BBM and T4BB. Have been busy recently so my use has been less than normal. VVM use over 2%, fileindexservice 1.79% but in last 24 hours nothing over 1%. Some lag but mostly I realized I was due for a battery pull for break in schedule. This OS base does seem to like my Rogers berry. The one quirk I found is with the browser. It seems if I'm reading an article with a headline followed by pic then text body, as I scrolled & read down into the text below the picture I get almost a bit of delay and then it's like it skipped back up to the picture. I'm tempted to try the new 9900 leak (974 if I recall). Thx to the BL team as always.
    10-27-12 01:51 AM
    After 36 hours on V3 my 9900 is settled nicely. ADR on last day 3.77 with 4.74 over all 3 days. About 2 emails per hr with use dominated otherwise by BBM and T4BB. Have been busy recently so my use has been less than normal. VVM use over 2%, fileindexservice 1.79% but in last 24 hours nothing over 1%. Some lag but mostly I realized I was due for a battery pull for break in schedule. This OS base does seem to like my Rogers berry. The one quirk I found is with the browser. It seems if I'm reading an article with a headline followed by pic then text body, as I scrolled & read down into the text below the picture I get almost a bit of delay and then it's like it skipped back up to the picture. I'm tempted to try the new 9900 leak (974 if I recall). Thx to the BL team as always.
    Thanks for your feed back Sheldonbk, it's good to wipe our device if we have an issue (browser lag, strange browser's font etc.), .746 is pretty nice except it's a lil bit warm, for the moment you can do sfi swap, use .714 sfi. We're testing a new mix (RC8), it's built by Iking, He is one of our team and also builds BL6. I'm working on the update for AT&T V4, and it's gonna be released after RC8.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 03:00 AM
    Thanks for your feed back Sheldonbk, it's good to wipe our device if we have an issue (browser lag, strange browser's font etc.), .746 is pretty nice except it's a lil bit warm, for the moment you can do sfi swap, use .714 sfi. We're testing a new mix (RC8), it's built by Iking, He is one of our team and also builds BL6. I'm working on the update for AT&T V4, and it's gonna be released after RC8.
    What can we expect from the V4 update? Do u expect it to be even faster than V3 (I can't imagine how lol) or is it mainly to include the colored LEDs?
    10-27-12 04:01 PM
    We are expecting both mixes to be ready in the coming week, currently we are all testing RC8 mix from Iking to
    get that right then it will be Sators AT&T v4 mix as well.

To answer the question about the LED and the new maps we will be trying to get that included in the mix if it doesnt effect the AT&T issue
    that this mix is meant to do away with.
    sheldonbk and BoldAlways like this.
    10-27-12 04:19 PM
    Thanks Sator.. Btw, I always wipe 9900 with every install, remove all installed OS's (and remaining folders after uninstalls) from Windows. I would reinstall and try again but I haven't had a chance to install RC7B1 (or was it B2 - I'll check other thread) with large 714 sfi. Those reports were way too good not to have experienced it personally. Hmm on the other hand, I like your idea, 746 with large 714 sfi. Too many things to test, too few days and no way to keep up with BL team's work. Thanks again and hope you're having a great w/e!
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-27-12 07:28 PM
    Too many things.

Yes, this week we have BL8 on test and then ATT v4 as well. Its all go.

I would wait and use the RC8 mis on 714. Or 746 if you are a 9900 user

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    BoldAlways and sheldonbk like this.
    10-27-12 07:39 PM
    So v3 is pretty smooth, the UMA is working very well, browser has more checkering for me but I really dont care about that. Overall V3>V2>V1 and I would be very happy with V1 anyday so V3 is like having ice cream and cake with icing and whip cream.

Will gladly try V4 but going to closely guard my V3 files
    10-29-12 01:07 AM
    I've bounced from RC7B1+lrg sfi to plain vanilla .746 and now on ATT_V3. While all are awesome, I really like this v3. In some ways it feels smoother than 7B1 and it's just as fast. Since I'm on ATT, the signal strength has been great. Going to be hard to squeeze more out of v4.

Sator likes this.
    10-29-12 06:00 PM
    just update to v3...seems to be working well...one question my version shows 694 not 714....in prior v1 and v2 it showed 714...am i correct? shouldnt v3 show 714 also...i did complete delete of prior version...
    10-30-12 11:30 AM
    just update to v3...seems to be working well...one question my version shows 694 not 714....in prior v1 and v2 it showed 714...am i correct? shouldnt v3 show 714 also...i did complete delete of prior version...
    It's supposed to show .714 not .694, make sure you copy and paste the Java hybrid folder into your base .694.

10-30-12 12:08 PM
    It's supposed to show .714 not .694, make sure you copy and paste the Java hybrid folder into your base .694.

thanks works like a charm
    10-30-12 12:51 PM
    I am incredibly confused. Been playing with this all day! Really excited and hoping this solves my battery problem and memory leak problem. I think I Copied the Java files in the wrong location. Can someone help me with where I should be able to find them? I am also confused about the alx files and where to copy them to as well.

After I did a wipe, cleaned off my old OS, when it reconnected to the computer, DM opened and it proceeded to download a clean copy of the latest 7.1 file for Att and Blackberry Bold 9900. Is it possible to actually have directions for dummy's that are step by step as to where to find files, which software to use to do what, and also "what to shrink"? I think I was able to shrink the OS but when it uploaded it to Blackberry, I don't think it took the shrunk version.

Also, confused as to where the "loader" is? Or, "loader file"? Really newbie here trying to learn somthing new and solve my blackberry problem.

Thanks in advance
    10-30-12 06:34 PM
    I am incredibly confused. Been playing with this all day! Really excited and hoping this solves my battery problem and memory leak problem. I think I Copied the Java files in the wrong location. Can someone help me with where I should be able to find them? I am also confused about the alx files and where to copy them to as well.

After I did a wipe, cleaned off my old OS, when it reconnected to the computer, DM opened and it proceeded to download a clean copy of the latest 7.1 file for Att and Blackberry Bold 9900. Is it possible to actually have directions for dummy's that are step by step as to where to find files, which software to use to do what, and also "what to shrink"? I think I was able to shrink the OS but when it uploaded it to Blackberry, I don't think it took the shrunk version.

Also, confused as to where the "loader" is? Or, "loader file"? Really newbie here trying to learn somthing new and solve my blackberry problem.

Thanks in advance
    Suggest you search CB for some instructional info - there are many threads on how to install a hybrid OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 08:39 PM
    I'm going to downgrade from .746 to v3 if someone can confirm a simple function for me. In the Calendar make a appt towards the end of your day, assuming the time you set for you day starts in the AM and ends sometime in the PM. Go out of calendar and come back to in and click on that date from the Monthly view and if it goes straight to that appointment instead of the start of your AM set time its a winner.

I don't understand why BB can't get this right between versions. It works on the older versions but on the new ones it seems to go straight to the top.

Thanks
    10-31-12 04:58 AM
    I'm extremely disappointed, it is 3am and i downgraded to v3 and it has the same Calendar problem a 746. Guess i have to go back to an even older version
    10-31-12 06:03 AM
    I'm extremely disappointed, it is 3am and i downgraded to v3 and it has the same Calendar problem a 746. Guess i have to go back to an even older version
    Can you tell me what base that doesn't have your calender's bugs?

10-31-12 06:40 AM
    I wish i knew, i know it was a 7.0 version which came with the phone but i didn't look any further than 7.0 before i updated to 7.1 both versions. I just downgraded to 7.0.0.576 and it does not work on this version either. I've had it with this phone.
    10-31-12 06:53 AM
    surely i can't be the only one who sees this a problem and quite annoying. I can't go back to my 9700 again but there has to be a fix for this.
    10-31-12 06:56 AM
    what is WIN RAR? When I extract those downloaded files, it opensin WIN RAR. I am unfamiliar with this software and not sure what button to use and where to put the FULL V3 OS. It says to overwrite original files. WHen I attempt to put it in the loader it tells me that the "bad path file" and cannot install.
    10-31-12 08:50 AM
    I assume that the JAVA files are included in the download and it is only a one step operation rather than copying the Java files as well? I just need to find the right folders and figure out the WIN RAR software. If there is something else Iam missing, I would need that as well.
    10-31-12 09:01 AM
    Do I extract the Hybrid OS in the loader folder, or just paster the whole folder into the loader file?
    10-31-12 10:32 AM
    Do I extract the Hybrid OS in the loader folder, or just paster the whole folder into the loader file?
    Better to extract to another location and then copy past to Java folder in the OS base.
    Sator and jonraeth like this.
    10-31-12 10:52 AM
    do the .alx files go into the Java folder as well? Is there only one download, or is this a two step process? Guessing the path is program files/commonfiles/RIM/Loader/java?
    10-31-12 11:26 AM
    do the .alx files go into the Java folder as well? Is there only one download, or is this a two step process? Guessing the path is program files/commonfiles/RIM/Loader/java?
    The path is C:Program files/comonfiles/Rim/shared/loader files/9900....
    Then in the OS base you have the alx files and the Java and UMTS. You must copy past the alx files for the rooth, and then the cod files to the java.
    Remenber to replace the original.
    10-31-12 11:34 AM
743 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD