743 ... 1920212223 ...
tools

Download Hybrid

Download AT&T OS 7.1.0.694 Only!! to use as a Base

Install Base OS

Extract the Hybrid Java over the Base OS

Shrink if required

Load to Handset

Here we are folks, its yet another improvement, if that is possible.

I have been running it for a couple of days and i have to admit, its good.
    10-23-12 08:18 AM
    Thanks, guys!!

Back to my dilemma lol. This or the RC7B1 with 714.
    10-23-12 08:52 AM
    or Beta 2 which we are currently testing this week
    hamsterwheel, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-23-12 09:02 AM
    Hi Hamster,

As per Sator this one is as good if not better than RC7b hence and since you are on AT&T hence it is a no brainer.
    Safe to go with this One, is my 2 cents worth advice
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-23-12 09:03 AM
    Hamster

If you don't have the Mic issue than IMO Rc7B1 with the large .sfi has got to be the way to go, the large .714 .sfi is the best to date for temp and signal for me.

.694 always ran hot on my device.
    10-23-12 09:03 AM
    ugh. love you guys, but you're killing me, LOL!
    maxx71, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-23-12 09:05 AM
    Thanks for that however I only packaged it up, credit for the mix stays with Sator this time.

He is the man in the mix
    Sator and sheldonbk like this.
    10-23-12 11:00 AM
    Well Mr Sator, and Mr iFraser,

Just like to inform you that this is one of a config, and one of the best builds to date!

Its runs like a charm on Rogers Canada Wireless Networks, I am very happy with this build...and its solid in every espect, and i have only needed to do one battery pull and it has settled right down i cant believe it

Good work to both of you, and i hope this will be the bench mark from here moving forward... (if it gets better then current V3 Build, its then going to be lighting fast and crazy from this point onward with future builds)

Regards,
    Tom
    Thanks Tom and we're glad that this V3 works great for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 11:18 AM
    I came back to this thread to say how well this OS is working for me. To my surprise there have been two more versions released. So here I go again on V3.
    I have a question. I unistalled all previous OS's from my PC and installed a fresh .694 from RIM. In the java folder of .694 I see a removed files folder. I dont recall ever seeing that before. Shall I just leave that folder alone?
    10-23-12 12:01 PM
    I came back to this thread to say how well this OS is working for me. To my surprise there have been two more versions released. So here I go again on V3.
    I have a question. I unistalled all previous OS's from my PC and installed a fresh .694 from RIM. In the java folder of .694 I see a removed files folder. I dont recall ever seeing that before. Shall I just leave that folder alone?
    That will be the shrunk files from your previous install.

Once you have used windows to uninstall a shrunk OS you should go back in your PC and physically deleted anything that the uninstall has left there.
    Chaddface likes this.
    10-23-12 12:27 PM
    Well Tom,

I don't think you know yourself whether you're Martha or Arthur.

Sheeeesh

Well Mr Sator, and Mr iFraser,

Just like to inform you that this is one of a config, and one of the best builds to date!

Its runs like a charm on Rogers Canada Wireless Networks, I am very happy with this build...and its solid in every espect, and i have only needed to do one battery pull and it has settled right down i cant believe it

Good work to both of you, and i hope this will be the bench mark from here moving forward... (if it gets better then current V3 Build, its then going to be lighting fast and crazy from this point onward with future builds)

Regards,
    Tom
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    10-23-12 12:47 PM
    I am going to install V3, but one question: Why is there no full OS this time and only java?
    10-23-12 12:49 PM
    Easier to do it this way as you would have 694 on your pc. Then you can shrink all you want.

I am going to install V3, but one question: Why is there no full OS this time and only java?
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    10-23-12 01:21 PM
    Zocster,

working for RIM for the last 7 years on their 7.1 software side,

Tom
    Leaks please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    Legal Eagle, sheldonbk and ifraser like this.
    10-23-12 01:36 PM
    After all my indecisiveness, I decided to load this one, lol. Since it's for ATT, why not.
    I'll keep you posted Just now setting apps back up and will do first batt pull.

Thanks again
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-23-12 02:40 PM
    That will be the shrunk files from your previous install.

Once you have used windows to uninstall a shrunk OS you should go back in your PC and physically deleted anything that the uninstall has left there.
    Thanks for that. After unistalling, deleting all the extra stuff, reinstalling OS, then shrinking I see the folder reappear.

I made a mistake on this install. instead of copying and replacing the java files, I deleted the entire contents of the .694 java folder and copied over the V3 files. It actually loaded the OS like that but saying it had less then desireable results would be an understatement. Decided to wipe, correct my mistakes and reload. Appworld makes it easier now to reinstall multiple apps then I could use the backup I made before I started on this adventure. Everything is running fine now. Looking forward to testing. Thanks again
    10-23-12 02:43 PM
    After all my indecisiveness, I decided to load this one, lol. Since it's for ATT, why not.
    I'll keep you posted Just now setting apps back up and will do first batt pull.

Thanks again
    LOL It's a ladies prerogative to change her mind !!!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-23-12 02:44 PM
    That it is, Legal. That it is
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-23-12 03:15 PM
    Glad it seems to be going well for everyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-23-12 05:49 PM
    Battery life is much improved...thanks....keep up the great work
    10-23-12 06:09 PM
    I installed V3 and it seems good except for one thing. For some reason, device analyzer is not listed under advanced system settings and neither is application resource monitor. Device analyzer is listed under application management, but resource monitor is not.

*Edit* Nevermind, I was able to enable device analyzer with alt+bbda in options and application resource monitor I was able to download from appworld. Any reason the resource monitor was not included in this hybrid though?
    Last edited by crackheadberry666; 10-23-12 at 07:58 PM.
    10-23-12 07:09 PM
    I installed V3 and it seems good except for one thing. For some reason, device analyzer is not listed under advanced system settings and neither is application resource monitor. Device analyzer is listed under application management, but resource monitor is not.

*Edit* Nevermind, I was able to enable device analyzer with alt+bbda in options and application resource monitor I was able to download from appworld. Any reason the resource monitor was not included in this hybrid though?
    It's supposed to be there, maybe accidentally you shrunk it.

Here is the OTA link for App. Resource monitor 1.0.0.35: http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/App...on_monitor.jad
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 10-23-12 at 09:23 PM.
    10-23-12 08:28 PM
    Nope. I only shrunk docs to go, vad, and vvm. I don't know. Maybe I didn't have it checked in app loader? Now, I asked earlier about why there was only java and not the full os this time and was told it was easier that way. I can't help but wonder if there is anything we are missing out on by not having the full OS. Weren't there other improved files besides just the java in V2?
    10-23-12 08:37 PM
    The shrunk java is best as you can shrink to your liking.

ARM's latest version is on appworld or OTA provided above.

And if you're running V3 then that is it.

Nope. I only shrunk docs to go, vad, and vvm. I don't know. Maybe I didn't have it checked in app loader? Now, I asked earlier about why there was only java and not the full os this time and was told it was easier that way. I can't help but wonder if there is anything we are missing out on by not having the full OS. Weren't there other improved files besides just the java in V2?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-23-12 08:53 PM
    I am really loving v2. Is there something about v3 that you think would make me want to upgrade (besides not having the latest and greatest )?
    10-23-12 09:54 PM
743 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD