If you require other apps such as vvm, you won't want to delete other files as we didn't include vvm on this build, after copying and pasting, you'd need to re shrink your os. Best to reload your third party apps one by one after a hybrid load.

In saying that, berries are the easiest to restore anyway out of other platforms (done my wife's android and my windows phone).
    howards and ifraser like this.
    09-23-12 07:02 PM
    Am a Rogers 9900 user. Am having surprisingly good results with the AT&T official 694. However, one thing I know from experience is that the BL team builds and supports terrific hybrids which dramatically improve any leaked or official OS. With the significant improvement I got from using the 694 sfi (and OS), I'm really looking forward to installing this hybrid, likely tomorrow night. Thanks again to the Berrylicious team!!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-23-12 09:54 PM
    loading as i type

first boot was so fast
    Last edited by rgshah3; 09-24-12 at 12:39 AM.
    09-24-12 12:36 AM
    Am a Rogers 9900 user. Am having surprisingly good results with the AT&T official 694. However, one thing I know from experience is that the BL team builds and supports terrific hybrids which dramatically improve any leaked or official OS. With the significant improvement I got from using the 694 sfi (and OS), I'm really looking forward to installing this hybrid, likely tomorrow night. Thanks again to the Berrylicious team!!
    You're welcome Sheldonbk, this BL 694 is very fast and stable....enjoy this great Hybrid from BL...
    ifraser and sheldonbk like this.
    09-24-12 12:46 AM
    loading as i type

first boot was so fast
    Enjoy the Hybrid, hope it helps the battery issues you have been having, remember, take whatapp off to make sure you test the battery life properly.
    Sator likes this.
    09-24-12 01:28 AM
    Must say, after all the various threads and posts throughout CB from AT&T users bemoaning the lack of a decent 7.1 OS that did not give them the dreaded Mic issue I am very suprised to see the lack of interest in this thread. Thought that it would be overloaded with grateful folks.

I made a thread in the AT&T Carrier Forum on here as well as posting in the Official 9900 .694 thread to let folk know it was out there but it would seem that my efforts were in vain !!!
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-24-12 at 07:56 AM.
    Sator likes this.
    09-24-12 07:48 AM
    Must say, after all the various threads and posts throughout CB from AT&T users bemoaning the lack of a decent 7.1 OS that did not give them the dreaded Mic issue I am very suprised to see the lack of interest in this thread. Thought that it would be overloaded with grateful folks.

I made a thread in the AT&T Carrier Forum on here as well as posting in the Official 9900 .694 thread to let folk know it was out there but it would seem that my efforts were in vain !!!
    Hey Legal,

I agree - I think this is for two reasons:

1) Given that the BL ATT Special was released over the weekend, many ATT users may not have seen it yet

2) Many of the ATT prisoners who have suffered the mic issue problem for so long have probably given up checking and looking.

So - I have posted notice on the following threads: the "mic issue" thread I started a while ago, the Official .694 9810 thread, and the leaked 9810 .714 thread - also made an add on comment to your post pointing out that BL ATT Special DOES NOT have the mic issue.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-24-12 09:20 AM
    Hey Legal,

1) Given that the BL ATT Special was released over the weekend, many ATT users may not have seen it yet

2) Many of the ATT prisoners who have suffered the mic issue problem for so long have probably given up checking and looking.

So - I have posted notice on the following threads: the "mic issue" thread I started a while ago, the Official .694 9810 thread, and the leaked 9810 .714 thread - also made an add on comment to your post pointing out that BL ATT Special DOES NOT have the mic issue.

Thats great, thanks for that, we aim to please and it has been a struggle to get rid of the mike issue.
    jjc392 likes this.
    09-24-12 09:23 AM
    Hey Legal,

What the two of you say makes a ton of sense. I would be surprised if even 5% of AT&T users even know that 694 is out. I believe that most BlackBerry users run the stock OS that came with their device until something goes wrong. If they don't seek out advise in the right place, they blame RIM and look for an iPhone or Droid. Fortunately, the people on CB are more in-tune though and hopefully they learn about your hybrid. It may take some time though. Keep the faith though!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-24-12 09:27 AM
    I'm downloading the new "official" update as I type this. I'm interested in the hybrid, but I'll have to admit that the step-by-step instructions posted earlier in the thread look daunting to me, having never downloaded anything more daring that the unofficial Blackberry Bridge program.

"Shrinking" programs and placing java files in certain folders, for instance, have me scratching my head. I'm sure it's pretty easy stuff once I know what I'm looking at, but I'm not sure I want to tackle this without more info first.

EDIT: After posting this I found the more detailed thread which explains the java folders. That seems simple enough that even I can handle it. I'll probably leave "shrinking" to another time.
    Last edited by jesus marion joseph; 09-24-12 at 09:48 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-24-12 09:41 AM

There are several reasons why people haven't jumped on this.

1) Many complaints were about the mike going dead for 60+ seconds incall. That was .4xx-.5xx builds. Those of us with earlier builds didn't have the issue. And the AT&T .694 build fixed this. So that wasn't a reason to jump on the hybrid.

2) Many builds below .4xx allowed hotspot without a tethering plan. All the .4xx and above builds require a tethering plan. If, like me, you're grandfathered into an unlimited data plan that can't add tethering, you might not want to switch to getting less data, possibly for more money. Especially if you use hotspot more as an option when needed instead of as a regular way of connecting. I've seen nothing here that says the subscription requirement isn't needed with this build.

3) This is supposed to be a "better" build. But I haven't seen anything mentioned that makes this really compelling compared to stock .694. I tend to want to know why I want to install a build. What makes it better? I'm sure there's something about this hybrid that makes it notably better than stock .694, but I seem to have missed the precise description of that.

4) If I've already installed the stock .694 and don't have the mike issue, the OS is functioning well and fast, everything works as it should (except free hotspot), why would I inflict another installation process on myself, only three days later?
    09-24-12 09:44 AM
    Hey Legal,

Thanks for that, I have followed your ups and downs with various 7.1 builds in various locations with interest. Good job with collating all that info mate.

Sure that it is just a matter of getting the word out.

If this build is anything like the ones I have used (and I'm sure that it is) it will easily surpass any "official" build released by the carrier.

I'm sure that .694 feels like a huge step forward to you guys on AT&T in standard form bearing in mind that most of you have been stuck with .391 for ages.

The Hybrid Os will be an equally huge leap forward from the standard .694 in terms of performance.

Glad that your patience has finally been rewarded.
    El Bori likes this.
    09-24-12 10:16 AM
    I'm with Kraski, I was elated to see .694 and installed it immediately. It fixes some things, but I've had a few issues. What does this hybrid do, what is it made up of, what benefits should I see, what potential issues might I have?

I've had 2 app errors with 694, but on the plus side, I have massively better batter life, and telenav actually works over .407.
    09-24-12 10:20 AM
    I'm with Kraski, I was elated to see .694 and installed it immediately. It fixes some things, but I've had a few issues. What does this hybrid do, what is it made up of, what benefits should I see, what potential issues might I have?

I've had 2 app errors with 694, but on the plus side, I have massively better batter life, and telenav actually works over .407.
    Sure that Sator who actually made the brew will be able to tell you exactly what's in it, but basically it is a mixture of cods from a number of OS's carefully selected to work together and to work with the .sfi to improve the performance of the "standard" OS.

If my experience with the "standard" BL series for 7.1 is anything to go by (and I have used them all) you will experience an inprovement in battery life and temparature, a smooth fluid and fast OS and the quickest browser out there.

I was sceptical before I loaded BL1 which was my first ever Hybrid OS but have no regrets that I did and can't see me ever using a bog standard OS again.

Any issues you may get will produce feedback and solutions from the BL team themselves and or a number of very knowledgeable people who post in the BL threads on a daily basis.

Just look at the numbers, 129K views and 4K posts since the thread started on the 26th July.

If the Hybrids weren't any good then we'd know about it by now !!!

These guys really know what they are doing.
    Sator, ifraser, jjc392 and 3 others like this.
    09-24-12 10:36 AM
    What the two of you say makes a ton of sense. I would be surprised if even 5% of AT&T users even know that 694 is out. I believe that most BlackBerry users run the stock OS that came with their device until something goes wrong. If they don't seek out advise in the right place, they blame RIM and look for an iPhone or Droid. Fortunately, the people on CB are more in-tune though and hopefully they learn about your hybrid. It may take some time though. Keep the faith though!
    YESSS! I just found it this morning! Just installed and am looking forward to using a quality OS for a change!

Love Crackberry and all of the helpers!
    09-24-12 10:49 AM
    Sure that Sator who actually made the brew will be able to tell you exactly what's in it, but basically it is a mixture of cods from a number of OS's carefully selected to work together and to work with the .sfi to improve the performance of the "standard" OS.

If my experience with the "standard" BL series for 7.1 is anything to go by (and I have used them all) you will experience an inprovement in battery life and temparature, a smooth fluid and fast OS and the quickest browser out there.

I was sceptical before I loaded BL1 which was my first ever Hybrid OS but have no regrets that I did and can't see me ever using a bog standard OS again.

Any issues you may get will produce feedback and solutions from the BL team themselves and or a number of very knowledgeable people who post in the BL threads on a daily basis.

Just look at the numbers, 129K views and 4K posts since the thread started on the 26th July.

If the Hybrids weren't any good then we'd know about it by now !!!

These guys really know what they are doing.
    I think you've explained it all Legal....Thank you for your support....
    ifraser and Tbonist like this.
    09-24-12 10:52 AM
    Just installed the Hybrid and my first impression is that its FAST! i only need to do the atl BBDA for device analyzer.
    Legal Eagle, ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-24-12 10:53 AM
    I think you've explained it all Legal....Thank you for your support....
    Without your OS building skills there would be nothing to support !!!
    Sator likes this.
    09-24-12 10:59 AM
    There are several reasons why people haven't jumped on this.

1) Many complaints were about the mike going dead for 60+ seconds incall. That was .4xx-.5xx builds. Those of us with earlier builds didn't have the issue. And the AT&T .694 build fixed this. So that wasn't a reason to jump on the hybrid.

2) Many builds below .4xx allowed hotspot without a tethering plan. All the .4xx and above builds require a tethering plan. If, like me, you're grandfathered into an unlimited data plan that can't add tethering, you might not want to switch to getting less data, possibly for more money. Especially if you use hotspot more as an option when needed instead of as a regular way of connecting. I've seen nothing here that says the subscription requirement isn't needed with this build.

3) This is supposed to be a "better" build. But I haven't seen anything mentioned that makes this really compelling compared to stock .694. I tend to want to know why I want to install a build. What makes it better? I'm sure there's something about this hybrid that makes it notably better than stock .694, but I seem to have missed the precise description of that.

4) If I've already installed the stock .694 and don't have the mike issue, the OS is functioning well and fast, everything works as it should (except free hotspot), why would I inflict another installation process on myself, only three days later?

Thanks for your comments:

1) The .694 build mays have fixed the mike issue but was made up of lots of very outdated files, the hybrid brings the updated OS's like 714 into play also.

2) Tethering if you get it for free we can't help with the hybrid, but ur lucky that way. We aim to please but can't perform miracles.

3) See answer 1, we have made a more up to date OS, Browser is smooth, media playback gives minimal battery drain, and the response of the apps and phone is lightening fast.

4) As for updating to the hybrid, that is personal choice so we can't make comment on that apart from check out the feedback from current users.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    09-24-12 11:27 AM
    I am trying to install your hybrid but am having issues. After I install the hybrid on my 9900 (downloaded your full 9900 os hybrid, deleted all files out of os folder and pasted your os into it) it no longer asks me if I want "charge only" or "usb drive" when plugged into the computer and I also cannot restore my backup in device manager. Once the backup is about halfway through, it never finishes the rest. Please help. I am one of the AT&T users you speak of who has suffered through the mic issue forever, and I do appreciate you making this hybrid, I just don't know why I am having this problem installing it and would like to get it working.
    09-24-12 11:47 AM
    Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the hybrid. If you are in any doubt it won't do you any harm to reinstall the base os on you pc then just overwrite it with the hybrid data.

The only difference it that we have shrank the package down but you will still get the benefits of the hybrid doing it the other way. Just more of the base os left.

09-24-12 12:02 PM
    overnight i have lost 87 mb...did battery pull...lost 38 in the last few hours??????????
    09-24-12 12:15 PM
    Using .694 sfi and .694 base.

First boot fast.
    Oh my god. My idling temp at 32celcius.
    But then again.. First day. The os must be settling in.
    So far my signal is great. No drop.
    Speed is awesome. No lag whatsoever. I don't see any so far.
    Browser is freakin fast.. Even on my crappy carrier.
    Adr n mdr I'll keep posted.
    Since it my first day. Gonna charge overnight n see how the idling rate n temp.
    Thanks to the BL teams.
    Kudos. Thumbs up.
    Sator likes this.
    09-24-12 12:21 PM
    Remember all that you have a couple of days settling in period.

I am running the same mix that you are and mine has now settled with no issues.

09-24-12 12:25 PM
    used .714 base with this hybrid on my 9360 and on the first boot up it loads 3/4 of the way then my blackberry restarts and boots up agains and does the same thing. i have wiped and installed 2 times.
    09-24-12 12:25 PM
743 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD