Just that tiny bit faster. It is the same upgrade process over a fresh install of 694.

I am really loving v2. Is there something about v3 that you think would make me want to upgrade (besides not having the latest and greatest )?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    howards likes this.
    10-23-12 09:17 PM
    Thanks Zocster. Did the full install of v2 use the 694 .sfi?
    10-23-12 09:40 PM
    That is the only sfi that this hybrid will work on.

Thanks Zocster. Did the full install of v2 use the 694 .sfi?

BerryLicio.us
    10-23-12 10:13 PM
    Tempted to try this, only due to the fact that .694 os base and v1 of this mix gave me the best battery life, but before I could even enjoy it I was lured to try rc7b1 with .714. So far no joy even with that. I just know before I have even had time to test drive this special mix rc7b2 will have come out and I will be tempted that way.
    To answer a question above .694 base does not come with several things including device analyzer, that you will have to download from appworld.
    Is it ohk if I reinstall this hybrid mix without uninstalling my apps? Or do I have to wipe first before putting this mix on?
    10-23-12 11:28 PM
    Not following you,

Device analyzer is activated within options alt+bbda

Resource monitor latest version is from appworld or the OTA link above.

With any hybrid, a wipe is recommended.

Tempted to try this, only due to the fact that .694 os base and v1 of this mix gave me the best battery life, but before I could even enjoy it I was lured to try rc7b1 with .714. So far no joy even with that. I just know before I have even had time to test drive this special mix rc7b2 will have come out and I will be tempted that way.
    To answer a question above .694 base does not come with several things including device analyzer, that you will have to download from appworld.
    Is it ohk if I reinstall this hybrid mix without uninstalling my apps? Or do I have to wipe first before putting this mix on?

BerryLicio.us
    10-23-12 11:44 PM
    Does it matter if you extract the v3 files directly into the installed .694 OS base on the computer, or just extract them elsewhere and then copy and paste? I'm pretty sure it's the same either way.
    10-24-12 12:18 AM
    Does it matter if you extract the v3 files directly into the installed .694 OS base on the computer, or just extract them elsewhere and then copy and paste? I'm pretty sure it's the same either way.
    I prefer copy and paste.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    howards likes this.
    10-24-12 12:25 AM
    Not following you,

Device analyzer is activated within options alt+bbda

Resource monitor latest version is from appworld or the OTA link above.

With any hybrid, a wipe is recommended.

BerryLicio.us
    My apologies I was half asleep, I meant resource monitor not device analyzer. Resource monitor is there by default on OS such as .714 but not .694
    10-24-12 05:00 AM
    My apologies I was half asleep, I meant resource monitor not device analyzer. Resource monitor is there by default on OS such as .714 but not .694
    Yeah, download from appworld, as 694 is an older OS like 437 was
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    10-24-12 05:15 AM
    Hey Tom, I'm doing a double-take here. I see you're using the AT&T hybrid and enjoying it, and are extremely friendly towards Zocs & the BL team and others here. Was that your evil twin brother that we saw on the BL 7.1 hybrid thread? I'm not finding fault, just happy to see that, after a healthy dose of skepticism, you're enjoying the BL hybrid like so many of us here. BTW, I'm also on Rogers and have found that the BL AT&T hybrids seem to like my Rogers 9900, although I'm always tempted to try the other BL hybrids.
    Take care
    Sheldon
    BoldAlways and Sator like this.
    10-24-12 09:00 AM
    Thanks Tom, I installed V3 last night and it seems from the very early results that it's going to be a good one. I've had good performance in general with the BL AT&T hybrids and am looking forward to seeing how V3 performs after a 2-3 day settling in period. One thing for us to keep in mind is that all AT&T hybrids have to be based on the AT&T official OS. Otherwise, they won't fix the "mic issue" for AT&T people. So, while AT&T customers are limited, we have the freedom to use other OS's including other sfi's. Some sfi's I've found to be more friendly with Rogers. I can't remember which one but I think the 658 sfi was very good to me on most of the BL recent hybrids. Most of this family of BL hybrids have been excellent but the odd one doesn't work for me (with my combination of apps and of course the Rogers network). I was very tempted to install the current V7B1 with the large 714 sfi as there are tremendous reports of great performance. I decided to go for the AT&T V3 hybrid instead. I'll keep an eye on the other thread and if reports continue to be spectacular using the large 714 sfi, then I'll see if I experience the same.
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-24-12 12:27 PM
    Thanks Tom. I find the info on the common network equipment& software between Rogers & AT&T to be very interesting. I believe that I've had the AT&T "mic issue" in the past (quite a while back), but only on some OS installs and nothing recent. What I do have now off and on, but not presently (and I didn't have it with BL RC7B1) was considerable echo on calls.
    10-24-12 04:08 PM
    V3 is working good overall, except for an issue I have had with all 3 versions so far. That is when I am scrolling down with the trackpad in the browser, it will sometimes automatically go to another page that I didn't even click on. Any suggestions for this? Also, version .746 just came out and features colored LED settings. Would it be possible for you to incorporate this into an AT&T V4 hybrid?
    10-24-12 09:14 PM
    V3 is working good overall, except for an issue I have had with all 3 versions so far. That is when I am scrolling down with the trackpad in the browser, it will sometimes automatically go to another page that I didn't even click on. Any suggestions for this? Also, version .746 just came out and features colored LED settings. Would it be possible for you to incorporate this into an AT&T V4 hybrid?
    Base on my experiences, wiping your device and reinstall it will fix your browser's issue.

Let's see what we can do with the .746 colored LED settings...

10-24-12 09:31 PM
    Thanks to everyone working on the Hybrids. Its been a few days now and it much nicer than the AT&T OS.

Sator likes this.
    10-24-12 09:39 PM
    Thanks to everyone working on the Hybrids. Its been a few days now and it much nicer than the AT&T OS.

Your welcome oldblueyez, it's nice to have you here...

jndrad likes this.
    10-24-12 10:09 PM
    Just wanted to mention in 24hrs I have seen the phone run about the same signal and battery wise as the V2 but smoother and less laggy (not that there was any problems)

Like someone mentioned Rogers used to be Rogers ATT so maybe some good reason why this hybrid works better on the Rogers network. I know it runs well if you are dependent on UMA
    10-24-12 11:19 PM
    Quick question regarding installing into the java folder. Do you just copy the contents of the Hybrid java folder to the base OS java folder, overwriting any files with the same names or do you just replace the base os java folder with the Hybrid java folder?
    10-24-12 11:49 PM
    Quick question regarding installing into the java folder. Do you just copy the contents of the Hybrid java folder to the base OS java folder, overwriting any files with the same names or do you just replace the base os java folder with the Hybrid java folder?
    Please do not replace the base OS Java folder, just overwrite them.

howards likes this.
    10-25-12 12:44 AM
    I'm on night two of my V3 experience.
    Battery life is most important to me and it seems to be doing well. I stream music every night. With the official AT&T I had a drain rate of 24%/hr. V3 has that down to 15-16%. That is enough to get me through the workday without needing a charge.
    Thanks again to the BL team for the work you do.
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    10-25-12 12:51 PM
    Just installed and looking forward to the results from this hybrid.
    10-25-12 02:30 PM
    Looks like we could have ATT v4 and Ultimate RC8 as well coming soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-25-12 03:30 PM

LOL I saw that coming with the release of .746. Well, you gotta have the colored LEDs, right?
    10-25-12 04:39 PM

Hey Ian - I was planning on installing ATT V3 tonight - but depending on when "soon" might be for V4, I might hold off - can you venture a guess?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 07:31 PM
    WhatsApp updated to version 2.8.6727, it seems to use less battery.
    10-26-12 10:18 AM
743 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD