I'm in the middle of loading the Hybrid now. One step that confused me was a window popped open after selecting Load OS, I wish I took a picture of it but it gave me two options one to go ahead to the load the selected OS or select the most recent OS through Desktop Manager. I selected the first option and it took me to the app loader wizard, there was no OS to load. So process of elimination I selected the 2nd option and it gave me the OS to load from the loader wizard. Is there a way to tell if its the Hybrid or the non Hybrid
    10-19-12 10:00 AM
    I'm in the middle of loading the Hybrid now. One step that confused me was a window popped open after selecting Load OS, I wish I took a picture of it but it gave me two options one to go ahead to the load the selected OS or select the most recent OS through Desktop Manager. I selected the first option and it took me to the app loader wizard, there was no OS to load. So process of elimination I selected the 2nd option and it gave me the OS to load from the loader wizard. Is there a way to tell if its the Hybrid or the non Hybrid
    In options>device> about device versions it will show OS 7.1.0.714 bundle 1997 for hybrid OS.
    10-19-12 10:03 AM
    @ Ian, Any chance of V3 releasing today ?
    We had some issues with the V3, and it has been solved, just now the V3 is being tested by Ian.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-19-12 10:58 AM
    thanks! Big help. I would love to try this and learn something new at the same time. Do I have to copy all the folders or just the JAVA folder?
    10-19-12 10:59 AM
    We had some issues with the V3, and it has been solved, just now the V3 is being tested by Ian.

Thanks Sator, i hope we get it during the weekend so that it settles before the new week !
    Sator likes this.
    10-19-12 11:00 AM
    thanks! Big help. I would love to try this and learn something new at the same time. Do I have to copy all the folders or just the JAVA folder?
    Since you have a 9900 you can copy replace the Java folder and the alx files and leave the UMTS folder as it is.
    10-19-12 11:02 AM
    Would I be better off to wait til V3 is released? If I have a problem, what is the procedure to put the ATT 7.1 file back on? I really appreciate all your help!
    10-19-12 11:19 AM
    In options>device> about device versions it will show OS 7.1.0.714 bundle 1997 for hybrid OS.
    Thank you! I'm on the Hybrid
    10-19-12 11:22 AM
    Would I be better off to wait til V3 is released? If I have a problem, what is the procedure to put the ATT 7.1 file back on? I really appreciate all your help!
    That's your choice to wait for V3 but not sure when it would release though.
    If there is a problem, we all are here to help ! Don't Worry !!!
    BoldAlways and jonraeth like this.
    10-19-12 11:26 AM
    Thank you! I'm on the Hybrid
    Welcome !
    Please follow the battery pull schedule for best results :
    One battery pull post installtion of apps
    One battery pull before going to bed and charge overnight.
    Next 2days 2 battery pulls each day with a gap of at least 6 hours between them

Enjoy the BL OS !
    Sator and amerwahid like this.
    10-19-12 11:29 AM
    Right now I'm testing RC7B2 with the larger SFI and it seems to work very well with my carrier (T-sel), signal strenght is a lil bit more stable (B2 has a stroger signal strenght than B1) and overall B2 is a tad faster than B1. I think we're gonna release the AT&T V3 first.

Thanks to Phill Uk and Ian for the info about larger .714 SFI...

sheldonbk and BoldAlways like this.
    10-19-12 12:50 PM
    Welcome !
    Please follow the battery pull schedule for best results :
    One battery pull post installtion of apps
    One battery pull before going to bed and charge overnight.
    Next 2days 2 battery pulls each day with a gap of at least 6 hours between them

Enjoy the BL OS !
    Will do! Quick question, prior to this OS google talk messages were appearing in the notification drop screen. Now it just shows the symbol on the bar and that's it. Is there a way to have to show on the today screen (I guess that is what its called)
    10-19-12 12:54 PM
    Right now I'm testing RC7B2 with the larger SFI and it seems to work very well with my carrier (T-sel), signal strenght is a lil bit more stable (B2 has a stroger signal strenght than B1) and overall B2 is a tad faster than B1. I think we're gonna release the AT&T V3 first.

Thanks to Phill Uk and Ian for the info about larger .714 SFI...:

Hi Sator,

I am experiencing some high ADRs with V2 (compared to V1) - was thinking perhaps it was a bad install, since there has been no app changes - and was planning on doing a wipe and re-install - BUT, if V3 will be coming out soon, perhaps I will wait - do you have an estimated ETA for V3?

Thanks!
    10-19-12 01:16 PM
    Does BBSAK "shrink" the OS as well? Trying to put this all together. I like the idea of having more memory as well. If BBSAK does not shrink OS, what software does and do I complete this before using BBSAK to reload OS?
    10-19-12 01:48 PM
    Does BBSAK "shrink" the OS as well? Trying to put this all together. I like the idea of having more memory as well. If BBSAK does not shrink OS, what software does and do I complete this before using BBSAK to reload OS?
    To shrink the OS:
    1) Use an application called BBHTools
    2) You shrink the OS on your PC after doing the modifications to incorporate the hybrid java
    3) You then install the hybrid OS to your device using loader.exe

Hope this helps . . . .
    jonraeth likes this.
    10-19-12 03:55 PM
    Hi Sator,

I am experiencing some high ADRs with V2 (compared to V1) - was thinking perhaps it was a bad install, since there has been no app changes - and was planning on doing a wipe and re-install - BUT, if V3 will be coming out soon, perhaps I will wait - do you have an estimated ETA for V3?

Thanks!
    I think we need a few days to make sure there is no any issue with V3

Last edited by Sator; 10-19-12 at 06:38 PM.
    10-19-12 05:55 PM
    I think we need a few days to make sure there is no any issue with V3

Got it - thanks for replying!
    10-19-12 06:57 PM
    1st day testing of v3 is going well. But it will be the end of the weekend at least before we know if its totally sorted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Legal Eagle, Sator, jhwo99 and 2 others like this.
    10-20-12 04:50 AM
    Has anyone run this on verizon? Is there a hybrid for verizon? Just curious...Didnt even know about hybrids!
    10-21-12 09:29 AM
    Has anyone run this on verizon? Is there a hybrid for verizon? Just curious...Didnt even know about hybrids!
    It will run on any carrier.
    Was developed for AT&T users on base OS .694 as there were mic cutting out issues on all the other recent OS's from other carriers.
    10-21-12 09:32 AM
    Hi verizon doesn't have the mic issues that AT&T has so you will
    Be able to take your pick of our available hybrid we have.

We have 714 RC7 B1. And ATT v3 available currently. Well v3 will be out soon.

jndrad likes this.
    10-21-12 09:38 AM
    Hi Sator,

Thanks!
    Hey Ian, Sator and all,

I have an update - turns out my high ADR problems was not due to the App World Beta - now that I have replaced it with the new release, ADRs are back to normal . .
    10-22-12 05:17 PM
    That's good news, thanks for letting us know.

I have the final v3 mix ready from Sator, I just have to clean it up and archive it so its ready for release.

I will try to get it sorted tomorrow then its ready for public use.

sheldonbk likes this.
    10-22-12 05:29 PM
    That's good news, thanks for letting us know.

I have the final v3 mix ready from Sator, I just have to clean it up and archive it so its ready for release.

I will try to get it sorted tomorrow then its ready for public use.

Very nice - can't imagine how you all can improve on V2 - but I would not bet against it
    10-22-12 05:57 PM
    Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but what are the changes and will the patches released for v2 be required or the v3 be independent of that
    10-22-12 11:39 PM
743 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD