i will reinstall hybrid without any 3rd party stuff..thanks for your reply...ill let you know
    ifraser likes this.
    10-12-12 05:48 PM
    i will reinstall hybrid without any 3rd party stuff..thanks for your reply...ill let you know
    Social scope?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-13-12 04:54 AM
    I reinstalled hybrid with no other programs. Still have significant. Memory loss. No 3rd. Party apps ?
    10-13-12 12:23 PM
    I find that hard to believe.

Unless you're rejoining your ввм groups etc?

Had you done any physical pulls?

I reinstalled hybrid with no other programs. Still have significant. Memory loss. No 3rd. Party apps ?

BerryLicio.us
    10-13-12 01:30 PM
    Have you done a full wipe and used a fresh install of 694 as a base. No one has had major memory loss issues without it being caused my a 3rd party and untested app.

Please check this and reload if required.

Hopefully this will help you get to the bottom of your issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-14-12 07:10 AM
    thanks for the heads up....i will try your suggestion and report back
    10-14-12 09:43 AM
    Ya know what I noticed? I loaded V2 and now have the 4G symbol back instead of the H+. Is that right? Not that it makes a difference, just wondering, LOL.

I may try the new RC7 whatever it is though...temps are still a bit high for me. Battery is good now that I have this new device
    10-14-12 09:56 AM
    That is network dependant. As none of the current devices on BB are
    Proper LTE 4G what you are getting is H+ speeds anyway.

RC7 B1 has made a big improvement again and if you aren't on AT&T then it is worth a go.

10-14-12 10:22 AM
    That is network dependant. As none of the current devices on BB are
    Proper LTE 4G what you are getting is H+ speeds anyway.

RC7 B1 has made a big improvement again and if you aren't on AT&T then it is worth a go.

Ya I know the speeds are the same, just that in all previous builds I was seeing H+ and now I have 4G.
    I am on ATT, but still may have a go anyway. I didn't have a mic issue so I suppose it's worth a shot

What I have a question about is I've always dl the full os hybrid. The RC7B1 is java only right?
    So does that mean I only replace the java folder?
    10-14-12 10:37 AM
    Overwrite the java folder then either install as is, or shrink it out
    Whatever is your preference.

Sator and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-14-12 10:54 AM
    i followed your advice..so far so good thank you

5 hours later and its running perfectly..great job...thank you

30 hours...works perfectly....thanks again...cant wait for the next improvement,,hard to believe you guys can improve on this....Go Yankees
    Last edited by jndrad; 10-16-12 at 03:25 PM.
    zocster and Sator like this.
    10-15-12 08:29 AM
    Iam very interested in this OS. Being thereis no execution file, I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Is there an executable file somewhere? Or, very specific directions as to how to do this? I have never done a Hybred before or shrinking ect. So, I am incredibilly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Newbie here! I do have the Blackberry Bold 9900 currently running the 7.1.694 operating system; the latest ATT one.

I am really hoping for some battery improvement and this all sounds great!

Thanks in advance!
    10-17-12 09:33 AM
    Iam very interested in this OS. Being thereis no execution file, I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Is there an executable file somewhere? Or, very specific directions as to how to do this? I have never done a Hybred before or shrinking ect. So, I am incredibilly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Newbie here! I do have the Blackberry Bold 9900 currently running the 7.1.694 operating system; the latest ATT one.

I am really hoping for some battery improvement and this all sounds great!

Thanks in advance!
    Download and install a fresh .694 OS to use as a base.

Download and open the Hybrid zip file.

Copy the Java files from the Hybrid and paste (overwrite) into the Java Folder of the base OS you have installed.

Go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file and unzip.

Copy the .alx files from the zip folder and paste (overwrite) into the base OS.

Shrink to taste, backup your device on DM and backup your apps unless you plan to reinstall from App World, wipe with BBSAK or BBH Tools, install the OS you have created via App Loader Restore your backup via DM and reinstall apps.

Do battery pulls at least 6 hours apart over the first 2 or 3 days and after 72 hours the OS shoudl have settled and be producing outstanding results compared to what you have been used to from a standard OS.
    zocster, Sator and jonraeth like this.
    10-17-12 12:13 PM
    Just wanted to update here a bit after been on the ATT v2 since it was out.

Background: I was having lot of trouble with my wifi calling not locking, I had used various official, leaked, hybrids (including BL) and had varying results but nothing noteworthy. I heavily rely on wifi calling, without it I might as well not have a mobile phone.

Now with the 694 ATT release and subsequent hybrid I have 90% of the problem gone, I dont have to do any silly rituals of turning the radios on/off, re-booting routers, battery pulls etc. once its on wifi and the battery is above 5% and the signal strength is at least 1bar it will stay locked on. It will switch routers on its own, sometimes its surprisingly smart about it, other times I have to manually switch it to the closest one (multiple routers to cover my property). This last part is why i say it works about 90% but thats a big improvement from before where it was frustratingly fussy.

I have no desire to flash my phone with anything else any more, it works solid, the signal hunting was making the phone die in 12hrs, now on a average day it lasts 24hrs or more. i will gladly try more hybrids but g running back to this incase it doesnt work ut for me.

If you have UMA/wi-fi calling issues, i highly recommend using this. I have done it for some of my neighbours in my area who were having this issue with their OS7 devices and they have the same experience as me.

The BL team has saved me a lot of frustration (I have had the 9900 for a year). This is actually my 2nd one, the 1st one which i thought was garbage (was repaired multiple times) and was sent to blackberry heaven.

Thankyou all for making this hybrid, its going to save me a lot of BP
    zocster and Sator like this.
    10-17-12 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. Being new to all of this, shrinking a OS confuses me as well. I have started to do a little research on this on other forums. I sure wish there was an executable file that just did it all! Probably wishful thinking. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Would love to have more battery life.
    10-17-12 03:38 PM
    Just wanted to update here a bit after been on the ATT v2 since it was out.

Background: I was having lot of trouble with my wifi calling not locking, I had used various official, leaked, hybrids (including BL) and had varying results but nothing noteworthy. I heavily rely on wifi calling, without it I might as well not have a mobile phone.

Now with the 694 ATT release and subsequent hybrid I have 90% of the problem gone, I dont have to do any silly rituals of turning the radios on/off, re-booting routers, battery pulls etc. once its on wifi and the battery is above 5% and the signal strength is at least 1bar it will stay locked on. It will switch routers on its own, sometimes its surprisingly smart about it, other times I have to manually switch it to the closest one (multiple routers to cover my property). This last part is why i say it works about 90% but thats a big improvement from before where it was frustratingly fussy.

I have no desire to flash my phone with anything else any more, it works solid, the signal hunting was making the phone die in 12hrs, now on a average day it lasts 24hrs or more. i will gladly try more hybrids but g running back to this incase it doesnt work ut for me.

If you have UMA/wi-fi calling issues, i highly recommend using this. I have done it for some of my neighbours in my area who were having this issue with their OS7 devices and they have the same experience as me.

The BL team has saved me a lot of frustration (I have had the 9900 for a year). This is actually my 2nd one, the 1st one which i thought was garbage (was repaired multiple times) and was sent to blackberry heaven.

Thankyou all for making this hybrid, its going to save me a lot of BP
    Thank you for your feed back, and I'm glad AT&T v2 works great for you...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-17-12 07:01 PM
    does this one work for the 9790 ? i can't stand this battery life!

thanks in advance
    10-17-12 08:51 PM
    Use the other thread yet again, as .694 is not available for the 9790.

does this one work for the 9790 ? i can't stand this battery life!

thanks in advance

BerryLicio.us
    10-17-12 09:20 PM
    Thank you for your feed back, and I'm glad AT&T v2 works great for you...

Yes I am very glad, I would buy you guys a round of beer. My only minor regret is feeding my original 9900 to the trap machine...a little restraint would have saved me $400
    10-17-12 10:51 PM
    Yes I am very glad, I would buy you guys a round of beer. My only minor regret is feeding my original 9900 to the trap machine...a little restraint would have saved me $400
    Thanks for the treat and enjoy this Hybrid.

10-17-12 11:10 PM
    This whole process scares me! Can I completely screw up my Blackberry if I mess this up? Or, is it a simple restore to go back to where I am today?
    Is there any place to actually just download the entire packaged, shrunk OS and just load it on my Blackberry? This all seems so confusing as I am not familiar with all the software and have never used it before. THanks for all your help!
    10-18-12 02:15 PM
    No you can not.

1) First of all do a back up using Blackberry Desktop Manager, do a full back up.
    2) Use BBSAK to back up your apps
    3) Wipe your phone with the wipe button on BBSAK
    4) Install the official OS for 694
    5) Copy and overwrite all the files from the hybrid download.
    6) Hit the Load OS button on BBSAK
    7) Restore apps using BBSAK
    8) Go back into BB Desktop manager and restore your back up.
    9) Do a battery pull, make sure your BBID is entered,
    10) Check your email accounts (via the setup icon) is setup, sometimes you have enter the account passwords again.
    11) once everything is working fine just do a battery pull again.
    Sator and jonraeth like this.
    10-18-12 04:30 PM
    What is BBSAK? How do I know if the software is in the right folders? Using software I am unfamiliar with.
    10-19-12 07:58 AM
    What is BBSAK? How do I know if the software is in the right folders? Using software I am unfamiliar with.
    You'll find BBSAK - information and download - at BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    BBSAK has been around for a long time and is a trusted tool.
    If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will probably have to run BBSAK in Administrator mode. Instead of clicking the icon, right click and choose "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

The Berrylicious team is terrific in helping people and they are very responsive here and on their web site BerryLicio.us
    You will also find many experienced BlackBerry people use their hybrid OS's and are also happy to help.

As for folders, BlackBerry OS's install to...
    C: (or your hard drive) - Program Files (or depending on your computer's operating system, it may be in Program Files x86 - if you see the x86 folder, look there first) - Common Files - Research In Motion - Shared - Loader Files
    In that file, you will find a folder which is named according to the OS which you installed. My folder is labeled "9900M_v7.1.0.714_P5.1.0.532". Your folder will be named differently (since I'm using a different hybrid from Berrylicious which requires OS 7.1.0.714 to be installed first).

Inside that folder you will find
    - Java Folder - This is where you will copy the hybrid's Java files into
    - UMTS - This is where the sfi (or radio file) is located.
    The rest of the files in the folder are installation files with the extension ALX.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 10-19-12 at 09:08 AM.
    Legal Eagle, maxx71, Sator and 1 others like this.
    10-19-12 08:53 AM
    @ Ian, Any chance of V3 releasing today ?
    10-19-12 09:41 AM
743 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD