I have never done this before, so I want to make sure I did it right when injecting the CODS posted last night. I loaded up BBH Tool and went to Phone Tools, then hit "Install" on the COD files button. It opened a folder browser in which I selected the files and then hit "open". The next thing I knew it said "CODs installed". I never saw them go into the box on the right it happened so quickly. Did I do that correctly? Thanks!
    10-09-12 10:40 AM
    I have never done this before, so I want to make sure I did it right when injecting the CODS posted last night. I loaded up BBH Tool and went to Phone Tools, then hit "Install" on the COD files button. It opened a folder browser in which I selected the files and then hit "open". The next thing I knew it said "CODs installed". I never saw them go into the box on the right it happened so quickly. Did I do that correctly? Thanks!
    yes you did it correctly, just don't unplug your data cable to soon when it says CODs install (you can see the proses from your phone screen when BBH Tool is injecting the cods to your phone)
    howards likes this.
    10-09-12 10:52 AM
    yes you did it correctly, just don't unplug your data cable to soon when it says CODs install (you can see the proses from your phone screen when BBH Tool is injecting the cods to your phone)
    Thanks Sator. Not quite sure what you mean "you can see the proses from your phone screen". Edit: Ok, I see you meant "process", sorry.
    Last edited by HowardShap; 10-09-12 at 11:14 AM.
    10-09-12 10:58 AM
    This may have nothing to do with the hybrid, but after installing it, while I did notice a gain in speed, I'm having two major issues:

1) I have to Re-Register my handset with the network every time after I lose signal, and I will also randomly lose my data connection to where I have to battery pull the phone and then it will come back.
    2) I don't have a "Open Link in New Tab" option within the browser.

Bold 9900 on ATT

~Century0
    10-09-12 11:12 AM
    Thanks Sator. Not quite sure what you mean "you can see the proses from your phone screen". Edit: Ok, I see you meant "process", sorry.
    Sorry it's a typo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-09-12 11:22 AM
    Well, I installed the v2 hybrid and it's definitely worth the effort. I've got a couple of battery pulls in and oh yeah, it's fast, I get pretty decent battery life so far, and I haven't noticed much issue with signal strength. I'm keeping my eye on that in particular with some of the comments here, but so far, good job guys. A worthy build to be sure.
    Sator likes this.
    10-09-12 05:08 PM
    Sator, does the phone automatically do a reboot after the CODs are finished loading? Because if that's the case, then I definitely waited long enough for the CODs to load before disconnecting from the computer.
    10-09-12 07:17 PM
    Sator, does the phone automatically do a reboot after the CODs are finished loading? Because if that's the case, then I definitely waited long enough for the CODs to load before disconnecting from the computer.
    Most of the times yes (for important cods, if not you'll see the hourglass spinning on your phone's screen), your phone will automatically do a reboot.

howards likes this.
    10-09-12 08:02 PM
    Just getting ready to install this. Is there a reason we shouldn't shrink out docs to go? I always do - never use it and never will...thanks
    10-10-12 02:26 PM
    Just getting ready to install this. Is there a reason we shouldn't shrink out docs to go? I always do - never use it and never will...thanks
    I had shrunk it out but later saw I needed it as I read Word and PDF files. I didn't realize it was D2G that was opening them to start with.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-10-12 02:59 PM
    After about 3-4 days on ATTv2 the battery is pretty nice but the GPS is all over the place, literally. Got me lost today several times today and kept losing the lock every few mins. Probably going to wait till the weekend and then try RC6b2 (or RC7b1 if its out by then).
    10-11-12 01:18 AM
    After about 3-4 days on ATTv2 the battery is pretty nice but the GPS is all over the place, literally. Got me lost today several times today and kept losing the lock every few mins. Probably going to wait till the weekend and then try RC6b2 (or RC7b1 if its out by then).
    When I tested V2, I found that .694 GPS locked better than .658, it's at par with .714.

Last edited by Sator; 10-11-12 at 01:55 AM.
    maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    10-11-12 01:41 AM
    I originally posted in the general 9900 forum, but had no luck in sorting this out.

I'm having a strange problem when trying to install the AT&T 9900 7.1.0.694

The OS installs to my PC fine. I've deleted all the vendor files, but when trying to run loader, I'm presented with the options to install/uninstall programs - not the base OS. I was intending to use the berrylicious hybrid and when it didn't work for the second time, I attempted to install the OS with no mods to the java files, but this gave me the same problem.

I have tried using a different computer with the thought that maybe windows8 isn't playing nice, but another machine running win7 gave the same thing.

I'm stumped.. And stuck on .714 without berrylicious - the battery is pretty bad compared to my previous berrylicious hybrid

I've tried running loader as administrator. I've ensured everything is done as per the instructions. I'm even having the same problem trying to install the OS without the BL tweaks.

I'm really eager to try this out so any help is appreciated.
    10-11-12 04:43 AM
    That thing happened to me once,,, What i�ve done was going to the basics... Uninstall everything, dm, and all os�s, clean pc or at least restart then install all fresh. Delete vendor files (carefull with that second one that sometimes happears) and by then you are good to go!
    I originally posted in the general 9900 forum, but had no luck in sorting this out.

I'm having a strange problem when trying to install the AT&T 9900 7.1.0.694

The OS installs to my PC fine. I've deleted all the vendor files, but when trying to run loader, I'm presented with the options to install/uninstall programs - not the base OS. I was intending to use the berrylicious hybrid and when it didn't work for the second time, I attempted to install the OS with no mods to the java files, but this gave me the same problem.

I have tried using a different computer with the thought that maybe windows8 isn't playing nice, but another machine running win7 gave the same thing.

I'm stumped.. And stuck on .714 without berrylicious - the battery is pretty bad compared to my previous berrylicious hybrid

I've tried running loader as administrator. I've ensured everything is done as per the instructions. I'm even having the same problem trying to install the OS without the BL tweaks.

I'm really eager to try this out so any help is appreciated.
    10-11-12 04:52 AM
    That thing happened to me once,,, What i�ve done was going to the basics... Uninstall everything, dm, and all os�s, clean pc or at least restart then install all fresh. Delete vendor files (carefull with that second one that sometimes happears) and by then you are good to go!
    Or do the obvious option and wipe the phone as we suggest in all our install instructions.

This then mean the loader app detects that you have nothing on your phone and runs a full install.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-11-12 05:19 AM
    ups.. forgot the obvious part ... Thanks Ian...
    10-11-12 05:22 AM
    Or do the obvious option and wipe the phone as we suggest in all our install instructions.
    I've never done a full wipe as I don't feel like re-downloading my 3rd party apps. Is there a way around that like backing them up with the BBH Tool and restoring from there after the wipe and OS reload?
    10-11-12 10:51 AM
    I've never done a full wipe as I don't feel like re-downloading my 3rd party apps. Is there a way around that like backing them up with the BBH Tool and restoring from there after the wipe and OS reload?
    Did my first ever wipe and reload yesterday, was worried about doing it but in the end it was pretty straight forward.

Have a read of this, it helped me as did the odd PM to the regulars in here just to iron out any questions I had.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    howards likes this.
    10-11-12 10:56 AM
    Did my first ever wipe and reload yesterday, was worried about doing it but in the end it was pretty straight forward.

Have a read of this, it helped me as did the odd PM to the regulars in here just to iron out any questions I had.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    Did you use BBSAK or BBH Tool to backup your 3rd party apps? Can you use either?
    10-11-12 11:04 AM
    Did you use BBSAK or BBH Tool to backup your 3rd party apps? Can you use either?
    I used BBSAK but BBH Tools will do exactly the same thing.
    howards likes this.
    10-11-12 11:07 AM
    I did a wipe already, as I always do and it didn't work. However, I've tried it again and it seems to be working this time.

Thanks for the (obvious) advice and for your work on BL. I liked the previous version I used, so I'm sure I'll like this!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-11-12 12:03 PM
    Looks like a few of you have beaten me to the answer. Do yes, you can use the phone tools tab on BBH to backup and restore you apps.

Hope this helps and enjoy the hybrid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    howards likes this.
    10-11-12 12:15 PM
    I used BBSAK but BBH Tools will do exactly the same thing.
    I stopped using BBSAK to backup apps a while back. It had a bug on restore where if you subsequently deleted one of the apps (from the restore), it caused major problems with the device. I believe the issue was fixed, but had enough problems with it that I don't use it to backup apps any more.
    10-11-12 04:15 PM
    i have been using hybrid for past week...works fine..one question....why am i losing 5mb per hour consistently?
    10-11-12 04:55 PM
    i have been using hybrid for past week...works fine..one question....why am i losing 5mb per hour consistently?
    I think it's your 3rd app that causes the memory leaks, please check your 3rd apps that's running in the back.

10-11-12 05:59 PM
743 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD